Quantcast

favourite bass lines

worship_mud

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2006
As a bassist I would say that joe jackson had a great one
^^100% Graham Maby is a fantastic bass player, one of my early idols.

De La Soul - All Good: has a incredible bass line playes by pino palladino who played the greasy fretless lines for paul young

Joni Mitchell - Shadows & Lights / Heijira: Jaco is killing it. michael brecker gets a severe beating when jaco starts pushing it on "The Dry Cleaner from Des Moines". Shadows & Lights / Heijira are Jaco's best recordings EVER!

Karl Alvarez from All and Descendents is a beast as is Gabe Nelson from CAKE

there are so many of them.....

Last edited:

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
Pennywise: Brohymn
Parliament Funkadelic: Up on the downstroke and Stomp
Prince: Darlin' Nikki
The Vandals: Anarchy Burger
AC/DC: Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap, Baby Please Don't Go, Big Balls, Problem Child
Dead Kennedys: Too Drunk to ****, California Uber Alles

Leppah

Turbo Monkey
Mar 12, 2008
Utar
Primus-My name is mud, and Tommy the Cat. As well as Jerry was a racecar driver.

I also like some White Zombie from the "La Sexorcisto" album. But i can't remember the names of the songs. Maybe "Thunderkiss 69"? Or "Black Sunshine". Maybe those are the names.

BMCarter

Monkey
Oct 10, 2007
Santa Barbara
pendulum- the other side.
BOOOOOOOO

In Silico is complete and total rubbish.

I've been a huge Pendulum fan since 2005, was so excited for that album to drop. Total letdown.

I would say their best beat would be Slam. Not my favorite track, but the beat is pretty damn good.

If you want to listen to top notch DnB check out Chase and Status' album or the upcoming SubFocus album (if it ever comes out).

ridiculous

Turbo Monkey
Jan 18, 2005
MD / NoVA
BOOOOOOOO

In Silico is complete and total rubbish.

I've been a huge Pendulum fan since 2005, was so excited for that album to drop. Total letdown.

I would say their best beat would be Slam. Not my favorite track, but the beat is pretty damn good.

If you want to listen to top notch DnB check out Chase and Status' album or the upcoming SubFocus album (if it ever comes out).
Hard to argue with hold your colour. The other side was a different take for Pendulum, for some it feels cluttered i guess, not me.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
I have been trying to remember the name of that song for years. That song has been in my head forever. Every time I have described the song to someone they have sent me on a wild goose chase and I just gave up looking. You have no idea how much you have just helped me.
this could be the first documented instance of Da Peach helping someone.

or maybe I am thinking of MMike.