Quantcast

FOOTBALL WORLD CUP 2022... Any of you guys watching?

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Either result is good. A French repeat would be cool, but Messi has been next level.
I think it's wide open. This will come down to their super stars doing super star things on the field under intense pressure. Both teams have shown they can score goals in the semi finals so hopefully this will carry over and make it an fun final that will not be decided on penalty shootout. I was more impressed how Argentina was able to crush Croatia who is a tough team to play but again France has played so much good football the whole tournament too.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
So I'm not an erudite observer of the game, but I feel like in their last 2 matches, France's defense looked a little sloppy. Like they were always 1/2 step behind and were forced to draw fowls. They conceded a couple of dangerous free kicks and penalties. They were frequently bailed out by Lloris, who was amazing. But with how good Messi has been playing, and with Alvarez in support, I feel like they can't really be that sloppy as they'll be punished for it.

I suppose if they can score more goals than Argentina, then it doesn't matter, but I'm not really seeing it happening.

Who knows, but this will be an exciting match for sure....

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Great start to this 3rd place playoff game.

If they keep scoring at this rate it will be a rugby score.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I was out running and just put this game on in the 70th minute, and so far all I've seen is Morocco complaining to the refs. Is this how the entire game has gone?

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
We know about Rugby. Fairly popular with meatheads in college. However I'm not sure how into rugby they are, the draw is primarily drunken parties and heroin hookups.
Rugby traditionally used to be all about the drinking here too. nowadays it seems more about the gym and protein bars.
No doubt you've already renamed it "ovalball" or something

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Rugby traditionally used to be all about the drinking here too. nowadays it seems more about the gym and protein bars.
No doubt you've already renamed it "ovalball" or something

Just proper terminology from the home country, ruggers.

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
Ok,now it is Show Time. This was,for me,the most fast WC I have ever seen. I think it is due to the Game Time here in USA. I have taken the whole WC off work,along with weeks off over the years many times. Every time I was wore out by the end? Mabye like Fudge,or Coke and Oysters. Not Too Much Avy.

Most Final’s for me are not as good as Semi’s. I think we are in for one Hell of a Game.

Avy