Quantcast

Fox 38

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
You fools actually rode the bikes as they were meant to be ridden. I had two the bikes of what I listed as well and loved them.

I'm talking about primal scream jersey, do rag under the giro switchblade helmet, mtbr guy who just rides xc trails.

On in todays fanny pack, welder shades, "pads for pedaling", bell 2R terms: toodles
i am at my parents, i was riding some local trails rated intermediate at best. the first time i rode them, i felt that the "intermediate" rating was a bit generous. yet i still saw dudes with knee pads and elbow pads. one of them was actually wearing shin guards.

Salami

Turbo Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
Waxhaw, NC
Intense Slopestyle
Still have mine. We'll, it's in the family as my daughter now rides it. 65.5° HTA, 74° STA and low BB back in 2008. It also has a 20mm axle VAN36. If it wasn't so damn short I might have tried a better shock and kept riding it instead of buying a crabon bike.

dexter

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Boise, Idaho
You fools actually rode the bikes as they were meant to be ridden. I had two the bikes of what I listed as well and loved them.

I'm talking about primal scream jersey, do rag under the giro switchblade helmet, mtbr guy who just rides xc trails.

Or in todays fanny pack, welder shades, "pads for pedaling", bell 2R terms: toodles
A few weeks ago in Boise I was riding hardguy- its a brutal climb up to the ski resort essentially and really fun to link a big ride with a few of our more technical trails or bomb down it at mach 10 and scare the strava xc nerds.

Anyways there was a guy riding it on a brand new YT Capra with coil rear... I saw him behind me in the distance and slowly he gained on me and passed after I took a long break in the zero shade cover of the ride. I then watched homeboy pedal off and every hill he hit he would jump off the bike and push it up...... isn't your enduro bike meant to be ridden up hill bro?

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
Did the one bike thing for a few years.
Knolly Delirium :busted: - especially for ' Woo
Ran two forks - a coil Lyric for trail and a Ti 66 for the DH.

I was way before my time. :nope:

englertracing

you owe me a sandwich
Mar 5, 2012
La Verne
A few weeks ago in Boise I was riding hardguy- its a brutal climb up to the ski resort essentially and really fun to link a big ride with a few of our more technical trails or bomb down it at mach 10 and scare the strava xc nerds.

Anyways there was a guy riding it on a brand new YT Capra with coil rear... I saw him behind me in the distance and slowly he gained on me and passed after I took a long break in the zero shade cover of the ride. I then watched homeboy pedal off and every hill he hit he would jump off the bike and push it up...... isn't your enduro bike meant to be ridden up hill bro?
Its called down-duro.... brah

ChrisRobin

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Vancouver
Yeah, I'd love to see some sort of stiffness testing results for both Zeb and 38. It seems to me like different length versions of the same single crown fork will have diff fore-aft stiffness.

2% is such a marginal gain as to be embarrassment.

I'm buying a new fork in the next month or so, and am debating trying to find a Zeb vs a used Lyrik Ultimate.
But 2% increase from what? Maybe they only had to add about 2% to get in the same ballpark as Fox's 38 stiffness.

Bikael Molton

goofy for life
Jun 9, 2003
El Lay
Well, I have a 38 sitting here, as Zebs are nearly vaporware at the moment.

The steerer was pressed in only slightly off-center.

Am I correct to assume that oil is supposed to piss out the air bleed ports when one accidentally presses the button?