Quantcast

Gran Turismo 4

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
I just straight up skipped the last challenge, I'm not a fan of the rally races. Should we start up a new series or keep posting random challenges? This was pretty fun and i would like to keep it going.
let's get some random challenges up in between this last series and the next one.

giantrider89

Monkey
Oct 16, 2006
P-town, MN
I vote the next challenge be something like costa di amalfi or tokyo route 246 with the F1 car or the Gillet Vertigo race car.

they're both really fun courses, and the gillet vertigo race car is a challenge to drive, but it's fast as hell though! :thumb:

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
well the plan so far is a few single races and then by wednesday of next week. I'll have a full racing schedule layout with all the details and prizes....D

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
anyone else pick GT4 back up this winter? i'm working on those last few Golds in the Super License tests. i've yet to make a renewed crack at tests S-12 through 16 (with the last time i did each way back in 2005! when i settled for Silver), but i was able to fill in all the blanks until there the last few days.

i bet GT4 has cost me well under 1 cent per hour of gameplay over its lifetime... :D

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I can't begin to fathom how you've pulled off what you have on that game.
incredible pigheadedness? :busted: if i want to achieve something then i'll work at it for hours straight into the night... did i mention i have the next few days off from work? i'm hoping to have the remaining licenses conquered by next week.

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
I still haven't passed the final special conditions race...but I have no bronze anymore...It's all silver or gold....I can live with the game being 99.4% completed :)

I'll will be playing it for at least the next 1.5 years since GT5 isn't due until 2010 :(

Matchew

Monkey
May 26, 2006
NH / Mass (ugh)
I still pull mine out from time to time. I think I got up into the 97% range for total completion and I don't even want to know how many hours I've logged to get there. I have a bunch of silvers on the super license and a few of the challenge races. All I know is that once GT5 comes my life is over.

Last edited:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I would also not mind getting a little Ridemonkey tourney going again if anyone is interested.
if you organize i'd be down. starting next week i'm on call every third day/night for 8 weeks straight so i might not be able to put too much time in but i'll try. :D

tunnelvision

Monkey
Oct 25, 2007
Holy ****ts. people actually are 99.4% completed??? I havnt played in probably 8 months or so but all in all I'm 25.4% complete...By the time I complete this game it will be hard to find equipment that is still compatible enough for it to work!

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Holy ****ts. people actually are 99.4% completed??? I havnt played in probably 8 months or so but all in all I'm 25.4% complete...By the time I complete this game it will be hard to find equipment that is still compatible enough for it to work!
lots of people are 100.0% completed, me included. that last 0.6% is fiendishly difficult! what i'm going for now is getting all golds in all of the license tests, and the last 5 Super License tests are all that's between me and internet-nerd-stardom.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
I think I'm around 52% complete. I have a problem with finding the time/figuring out the endurance races. I always manage to screw something up and it's all over.

I won't deserve GT5 with such a low completion on GT4...for shame.

tunnelvision

Monkey
Oct 25, 2007
lots of people are 100.0% completed, me included. that last 0.6% is fiendishly difficult! what i'm going for now is getting all golds in all of the license tests, and the last 5 Super License tests are all that's between me and internet-nerd-stardom.
I assumed there were but never bothered to look. Now that I'm done with my schooling I get to spend some quality time with the game...waiting for day 694 to come.... :) im on 650 or so... I didnt even own a ps2 until a few years ago and before that it was my original nes that still gets played from time to time. I'm a little behind the curve I know.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I think I'm around 52% complete. I have a problem with finding the time/figuring out the endurance races. I always manage to screw something up and it's all over.

I won't deserve GT5 with such a low completion on GT4...for shame.
endurance races are what B-Spec was made for. let B-Spec Bob win for you! a few of them actually did require the A-Spec driver, ie, you, to drive, however. i seem to recall one with a pesky Sauber C9 that was that way.

my personal all-gold quest is almost over! this morning i've gotten golds on S12, S13, S14, and S15. S14 with the Audi R8 race car at Infineon was a bit of a pain, and S15 with the Bentley at Le Sarthe was a real pain. but those demons have been exorcised, and only S16 (MB 190E Evo II race car at nurburgring iirc) remains...

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
and now i'm done. last one was tough! so long, and you can't go off course at all in license tests or driving missions. the Model T is the prize for getting all gold in the super license.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Gorsh. That's impressive. Do they send you a sash to wear? You should let all your patients know. It would have a calming effect.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Gorsh. That's impressive. Do they send you a sash to wear? You should let all your patients know. It would have a calming effect.
"how many of this operation have you done?"

"none. but i have lapped the simulated nurburgring in under 7' 08" in a mercedes."

Matchew

Monkey
May 26, 2006
NH / Mass (ugh)
Congrats on the 100% toshi. Not sure if Ihave the time to manage a tourney myself but I also would not mind having acouple random challenges for some bragging rights.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Congrats on the 100% toshi. Not sure if Ihave the time to manage a tourney myself but I also would not mind having acouple random challenges for some bragging rights.
oh, i had the 100% way back in may 2005. thanks tho. this latest achievement is the 80 golds...

spinner

Monkey
Jun 15, 2006
Australia
Strange this thread has popped up again. I picked up GT4 for the first time in about a year yesterday ! I ended up doing laps around the 'ring in reverse for something different. :crazy:

I got 100% years ago , all golds maybe 18 months ago , then went after the 117,000 A spec points. I got to around 67,000 and gave up. Now that is one task that only the most hardcore GT enthusiast would have the determination , skill and patience to complete.

Congrats on the Golds Toshi !! It's a big achievement. :cheers:

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
and now i'm done. last one was tough! so long, and you can't go off course at all in license tests or driving missions. the Model T is the prize for getting all gold in the super license

wow Toshi nice...I think I may play a bit to much:D

Last edited:

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
wow selling the whole deal huh...I just bought the driving force pro wheel in anticipation for GT5...it's works for both PS2 and 3....looks like there's no one else interested though :(

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
wow selling the whole deal huh...I just bought the driving force pro wheel in anticipation for GT5...it's works for both PS2 and 3....looks like there's no one else interested though :(
my dad has a DFP. i don't think he's using it. i might have to steal it from him in the future... :D

in any case my PS2/DF/GT4 setup is now on eBay. no one bit on craigslist:

http://cgi.ebay.com/PlayStation-2-Logitech-Driving-Force-Gran-Turismo-4_W0QQitemZ110338690284QQihZ001QQcategoryZ139971QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem