Quantcast

great... 10 US Soldiers dead in Falluja

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
This assault has been up to Primie Ministar Allawi, i thought, not GWB. Anyway look on the bright side,
"Enemy casualties, I think, are significantly higher than I expected," Metz said, adding that "a very small number" of enemy fighters had been captured.

This is urban warfare. We're gunna take some casualties. I believe I have read this is the biggest urban offensive since the Marines in vietnam at Hue City.

History in the making folks.

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
Oh yeah... I'm sure the Iraqi governing council is in complete control of all the decisions. :rolleyes:

However, to have only lost 16 soldiers in a 2 day urban battle, where the enemy has had time to plan and booby-trap everything is actually doing pretty well. I'd bet more people see it as a positive for Bush than a negative.

update from MSNBC
The fighting claimed three American lives — part of a surge in casualties that killed 16 U.S. troops in the past two days across Iraq. U.S. officials said that on Monday, they recorded 130 attacks.

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
N8 said:
I blame Kerry for this!

I he hadn't such a waste and blown the election he'd be in charge there real soon..
slow down there killer... I think you missed a couple keys

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
dante said:
no, I blame the guy who successfully "protected" us from the WMD that wasn't there. in the words of Colin Powell, "You broke it, you bought it Mr. President". :nope:
Colon Powell? The guy that testified in front of the UN saying that Iraq was an immediate threat as he held a vile of fake anthrax? Yeah, good quote there.

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
BurlyShirley said:
Colon Powell? The guy that testified in front of the UN saying that Iraq was an immediate threat as he held a vile of fake anthrax?
Another formerly strong personality who got on his knees for GWB.

How does he do it...

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
http://www.nytimes.com/2004/11/09/international/middleeast/09cnd-elec.html

Falluja Assault Roils Iraqi Politics

BAGHDAD, Iraq, Nov. 9 - In the first major political backlash over the siege of Falluja, the country's most prominent Sunni political party said today that it was withdrawing from the interim Iraqi government, while the leading group of Sunni clerics called for Iraqis to boycott the upcoming elections.

The moves signaled that popular protest against the American-led invasion, particularly among Sunni Arabs, will likely grow in the coming days.

A boycott by Sunnis, if indeed one comes to pass, would threaten the legitimacy of the outcome and could undermine the rationale for attacking Falluja, which was to drive the insurgents out of the city so residents could take part in the elections.
GO AMERICA!

s1ngletrack

Monkey
Aug 17, 2004
Denver
Changleen said:
GO AMERICA!
Easy there killer, some of us have people who are very dear to us over there risking their lives. And a large portion of that "some of us" could give a f*** whether you deem the end , or the means, as a worthwhile cause.

To take an extraordinarily complex and ugly situation and reduce it to fodder for e-bashing is simplistic to the point of being extremely offensive.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
s1ngletrack said:
Easy there killer, some of us have people who are very dear to us over there risking their lives. And a large portion of that "some of us" could give a f*** whether you deem the end , or the means, as a worthwhile cause.

To take an extraordinarly complex and ugly situation and reduce it to fodder for e-bashing is simplistic to the point of being extremely offensive.
Consider yourself offended then. This is a stupid, pointless, illegal war. Anyone with half a brain would have refused to serve, even if that meant going to prison.

s1ngletrack

Monkey
Aug 17, 2004
Denver
Changleen said:
Consider yourself offended then. This is a stupid, pointless, illegal war. Anyone with half a brain would have refused to serve, even if that meant going to prison.
You expect me to dignify that with a response?

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Example of an idiot (originally posted by N8):

I mean, WTF is this guy trying to say here? What a dick.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Changleen said:
glad you live in new zealand rather then over here. That is the stupidest thing i have ever heard comne out of your mouth. I love people who try and justify war as being legal vs illegal.

Guess what? You breached another countries sovereignty, therefore any war is illegal. by definition.

Being a soldier is a job. They join and are trained to serve. It is not their position to question orders, simply carry them out. If you decide to be a pansy and back out, then i hope you are hanged for bailing just when you country needs you the most.

Let me make it very clear, i do not support bush's insane policies for the most part (economically he has very sound policies). But Saddaam HUssein was not a nice man, and had to go. Maybe the war was started out of BS pre-texts, but it's on. You can't very well just get up and leave now, it has to be finished.

Anyone with a half a brain would know something about valour, integrity and honor. Apparently you do not have half a brain.

broad generalization: people who discuss matters like this the way you do, have no real clue about how the world actually works around their sheltered little bubbles of freedom. Please get a clue and call me in the morning.

s1ngletrack

Monkey
Aug 17, 2004
Denver
Changleen said:
You just did. Pity you couldn't think of a good one, eh?
Guess again. I've just chosen not to take the rantings of some idealist twat in NZ seriously. I might feel passionately about some things, but that doesn't mean that I chuck reason and compassion out the window whenever my chance to mount the soapbox comes around.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Transcend said:
glad you live in new zealand rather then over here.
Me too!
That is the stupidest thing i have ever heard comne out of your mouth.
Halucinating now are we?
I love people who try and justify war as being legal vs illegal.
Don't forget pointless and stupid! Stupid especially.

Guess what? You breached another countries sovereignty, therefore any war is illegal. by definition.
Thanks Prof. Trancend. :drool:
Being a soldier is a job. They join and are trained to serve. It is not their position to question orders, simply carry them out.
Good job for brainless fools then. No great loss if they don't come back.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
s1ngletrack said:
Guess again. I've just chosen not to take the rantings of some idealist twat in NZ seriously. I might feel passionately about some things, but that doesn't mean that I chuck reason and compassion out the window whenever my chance to mount the soapbox comes around.
Like George Bush did when he started this stupid, pointless war?

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Changleen said:
Me too!
Halucinating now are we?
Don't forget pointless and stupid! Stupid especially.

Thanks Prof. Trancend. :drool:
wow someone needs to grow up. :rolleyes:
I'll let those with loved one there rip on you now. I will also support banning you from this forum until you learn to have a little respect.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
s1ngletrack said:
don't worry about it, he is just bitter his sheep isn't putting out this week.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Transcend said:
Anyone with a half a brain would know something about valour, integrity and honor. Apparently you do not have half a brain.
No, I have a whole brain. People with a whole brain can also critically appraise a situation before they get into it, and realise - Hey, this is going to be a stupid, pointless war! I don't want a thing to do with it!

broad generalization: people who discuss matters like this the way you do, have no real clue about how the world actually works around their sheltered little bubbles of freedom. Please get a clue and call me in the morning.
Broad generalization: People with no argument attack the messenger, not the message. :rolleyes:

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
Changleen said:
Wow, even I think that should get an award for Ignorant post of the month...

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Transcend said:
don't worry about it, he is just bitter his sheep isn't putting out this week.
Wow, you have the most cutting wit I've ever seen. You should be on TV. Pathetic - I guess I was kidding myself to expect any more from you. Get back to class, child.

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
Changleen said:
Ignore my last post... this is the most ignorant post I think I have ever heard from anyone; EVER.

s1ngletrack

Monkey
Aug 17, 2004
Denver
I glad that you are enjoying your time in the spotlight here. I'm happy for you that you live a life that affords you opportunities to make broad generalizations about the value of hundreds of thousands of people that you do not know. It must be a great thing not to worry about the fact that your brother, with a wife and two kids, is leaving for Iraq, for the second time, in less than a week. That must be really nice for you - it seems to be working out well - all of that - and such intelligence and compassion to boot.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
s1ngletrack said:
I glad that you are enjoying your time in the spotlight here. I'm happy for you that you live a life that affords you opportunities to make broad generalizations about the value of hundreds of thousands of people that you do not know. It must be a great thing not to worry about the fact that your brother, with a wife and two kids, is leaving for Iraq, for the second time, in less than a week. That must be really nice for you - it seems to be working out well - all of that - and such intelligence and compassion to boot.
Ever heard of concientious objection? No?

s1ngletrack

Monkey
Aug 17, 2004
Denver
Changleen said:
Golly - you're just a modern day Ralph Waldo Emerson, aren't you? Bet they never taught you that he was a spoiled little blue - blood (upper class) b1tch who knew that, aside from one lonely night as a martyr, he could act with impunity, because someone would be there to clean up after him.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Changleen said:
ya, it is called being a pussy.

You take advantage of what your country offers you for employment and training, and then when you are actually called to do you job, you decide you can't hack it and pull out. Don';t join the millitary if you dont want to go to war. It is simple.

You have zero argument, except to call a war stupid, and illegal. One of which is an objective claim, the other is by definition, correct but not in the way you use it.

As for going back to class...call me when you get yourself a PHD in international relations k? k great. In the mean time, go back to pumping gas.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
s1ngletrack said:
Golly - you're just a modern day Ralph Waldo Emerson, aren't you? Bet they never taught you that he was a spoiled little blue - blood (upper class) b1tch who knew that, aside from one lonely night as a martyr, he could act with impunity, because someone would be there to clean up after him.
HELLO? Do you understand why you are in Iraq? You're 'cleaning up' (killing innocent people) after a liar and a self interested agenda of idiocy and hatred! Don't try to spout cr4p about freedom and democracy. Iraq has NOTHING to do with either of those things.

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
Changleen said:
Yes... ever heard of simple respect?

Regardless of your and I's opinion of the war, the men and women that are fighting this war deserve respect. Grow up and accept that not everyone thinks exactly like you. If you are unable to convince them that you are right, that doesn't make them the brainless one!!!

mattv2099

Monkey
Aug 16, 2004
Bellingham, WA
You know what? I don't give 1 f*ck about the 10 dead americans. I care more for the 839 Iraqi's they slaghtered before they died... ****ing senseless man.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Transcend said:
ya, it is called being a pussy.

You take advantage of what your country offers you for employment and training, and then when you are actually called to do you job, you decide you can't hack it and pull out. Don';t join the millitary if you dont want to go to war. It is simple.

You have zero argument, except to call a war stupid, and illegal. One of which is an objective claim, the other is by definition, correct but not in the way you use it.

As for going back to class...call me when you get yourself a PHD in international relations k? k great. In the mean time, go back to pumping gas.
Is the equation of taking a genuine moral standpoint with 'being a pussy' taught as part of being part of your PHD? Sounds like you're getting a quality education there. No child left behind, I suppose.

And yes, my point IS that the war is stupid, pointless and illegal.

s1ngletrack

Monkey
Aug 17, 2004
Denver
Changleen said:
HELLO? Do you understand why you are in Iraq? You're 'cleaning up' (killing innocent people) after a liar and a self interested agenda of idiocy and hatred! Don't try to spout cr4p about freedom and democracy. Iraq has NOTHING to do with either of those things.
Hey nut5sack - have I once, in any post on this site (or anywhere, for that matter) - said that we should be in Iraq? What was that cute little saying about messages and messengers that you used not 4 posts ago?

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Slugman said:
Yes... ever heard of simple respect?

Regardless of your and I's opinion of the war, the men and women that are fighting this war deserve respect.
WHY? They are acting as the unthinking proxies of an idiot! They are killing innocent people for him in a POINTLESS and STUPID WAR! How does that deserve respect?

s1ngletrack

Monkey
Aug 17, 2004
Denver
mattv2099 said:
You know what? I don't give 1 f*ck about the 10 dead americans. I care more for the 839 Iraqi's they slaghtered before they died... ****ing senseless man.
:rolleyes: wow - that was compelling.