Quantcast

Guerrilla Gravity, badass frame manufacturer in Colorado

mtg

Green with Envy
Sep 21, 2009
Denver, CO
And, in the spirit of the namesake of the monkey, Bike Mag, they have info posted, as well as a Zoom interview with Will and I. Zoom interviews for this sort of thing aren't the most natural feeling thing ever, but when given lemons, Palmer was making lemonade.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
And, in the spirit of the namesake of the monkey, Bike Mag, they have info posted, as well as a Zoom interview with Will and I. Zoom interviews for this sort of thing aren't the most natural feeling thing ever, but when given lemons, Palmer was making lemonade.

what year is that Les Paul?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

man you'd hate my job. even before everything got corona'd 90+% of my meetings are conference calls/video

mtg

Green with Envy
Sep 21, 2009
Denver, CO
My workplace doesn't exactly suck, I'd much rather be there than home :)

GeoAdjust cups with head angle adjust: that hasn't happened because the main challenge so far has been expanding mfg capacity to bring down lead times. It's on the wish list, though.

sikocycles

Turbo Monkey
Feb 14, 2002
CT
Just ordered my seatstay kit. Will do a zoke coil and have Craig work his magic on it. 180mm fox 38 up front unless zokes makes a 180mm coil.

Wish I could get my Dorado on there.

Last edited:

Rockland

Turbo Monkey
Apr 24, 2003
Left hand path
2 years and a couple thousand miles of underwater combat - my Megatrail is looking real haggard. I'm on the strip it bare program this season. I'm undecided as to what I'll do with the bare alu. Will probably leave it to naturally grey, and chase off the oxidation when I feel like it with steel wool or a Scotchbrite.

I've taken the gentle, but slightly more labor intensive route to paint removal. I've used Aquastrip gel to soften the powder. It will mostly peel right off the metal with a razor blade. Any stubborn spots come off with Goof-Off Pro & a Scotchbrite pad. Rear end done - front underway.

IMG_20200414_140033.jpg

IMG_20200414_135854.jpg

sikocycles

Turbo Monkey
Feb 14, 2002
CT
My Gnarvana stays will be here Monday. Now I am deciding on a rear coil shock.
CC DB
Fox
Zokes
Zokes would be the cheapest option but has less adjustments.

mtg

Green with Envy
Sep 21, 2009
Denver, CO
I love the idea of a modular frame. Buy A trail pistol with a 36 and two sets of wheels and you can ride lift stuff and xc . Neat
Yep. I've been doing that personally, riding a Trail Pistol as the default, and last year switched to a Megatrail with 29er front end (aka MegaSmash) for a Whistler trip. This year, I'm going between the Trail Pistol and Gnarvana, which is nice as the rear wheel doesn't need to change. Even different wheelsets isn't really necessary to get the full benefit. I've been running XM1501's the whole time, but used DH/DD tires with CushCore for Whistler.

With an adjustable fork, two shocks, one wheelset, and two sets of tires, it's a huge change in bike.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Yep. I've been doing that personally, riding a Trail Pistol as the default, and last year switched to a Megatrail with 29er front end (aka MegaSmash) for a Whistler trip. This year, I'm going between the Trail Pistol and Gnarvana, which is nice as the rear wheel doesn't need to change. Even different wheelsets isn't really necessary to get the full benefit. I've been running XM1501's the whole time, but used DH/DD tires with CushCore for Whistler.

With an adjustable fork, two shocks, one wheelset, and two sets of tires, it's a huge change in bike.
How do you count that bike in the n+1 formula? ;)