Quantcast

Guerrilla Gravity, badass frame manufacturer in Colorado

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
The time is ripe to capitalize on the anti-Asia sentiment rippling through bastions of intellectualism like eastern KY, Destin, FL, and most of Utah outside of SLC. The next GG DH bike should be the MaGGA (or Make Gravity Great Again)

You guys would fucking own the Oklahoma DH market.

Sadly, GG would likely sell a shit ton more e-fat bikes than DH weapons. Maybe break out the Meatloaf-e moniker for that one.

Last edited:

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
that.

Edit, cause it's S.O.D.
S.O.D...S.O.D., eh?...
STRAIGHT OUTTA DENVER
crazy muthafucka named Mat-thew.
from a gang called the rid-egg crew
you wanna huck off? drop the fuck off?
switch to plush mode, lean back and just crush all.
Yeti boys don't even fuck wit me
If you do you're gonna have to come and git me.
from in front o' yo ass, cause that's how i roll out.
you punk turq boys all gonna wreck now.
rude starts to mumble. he wants to rumble.
megatrell hux and his KOMs are gonna crumble.
schralp the chutes on a trail pistol like that
crush the roots, in clips, or even on flats
11-6 is smoov
ain't no tellin when Giaraffa gon' improve
the stability, the stiffness and the traction
might even sign Lopes if he's down with the action
framemaker 3000 is the tool
just kidding bout Lopes you fool
he'd be parked up in your lot all crazy
flexing pecs with tony ellsworth baby
jackalope gonna help you see clearly
that gg, needs a new downhill mtb
@kidwoo you better huck with me
so when we're in the mile-high, open up
cuz online monkeys, gonna be showin up
and as we leave, believe we be shuttlin'
cause when we goin' uphill,
ain't no ebikes crawlin.

thank you very much. i'll see myself out.

Last edited:

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Spanthrax (road bike)
Sled Zeppelin (1700mm wheelbase DH bike. Filled with hydrogen to mitigate the frame weight)
Bikini Hill (normal DH bike)
Motley Crue (tandem)
Motorshed (built in bong)
Queensryide (women's specific model)
MINIstry (kids bike)
Bad Rains (any other model, but spec'd with mud spikes)
Spinal Slap (Josh Bender pro model)
Van Hailin' (Rickshaw)

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Got a refill, I can think straight again.

Slogging Molly (gravel grinder)
Minor Sweat (kids XC bike)
2 Chainz (Jack drive high pivot)
Jibby Pop (dirt jump bike)
'Woogazi (Megatrail, but with 26" wheels installed)
Big-E Smalls (e-fat bike)
Easy-E (regular e bike)
Sir Mixed a Lot (mullet)
Leftover, Whack (Made of tubing drop and leftover parts. Geo all fucked up)

@mtg, I'll PM you with an address for the royalty checks.

schwaaa31

Turbo Monkey
Jul 30, 2002
Clinton Massachusetts
Anyone out there on the new Megatrail around 6'2"? I seem to be in-between sizes 3-4. Curious as to what people my height are riding. Fun (aggressive?) trail riding mostly. No park days on it. I have a DH bike for that.

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
I'm around 5'11" on a size 3 Trail Pistol (in the short setting) and I would think if I was 3" taller I would lean towards a size 4. I'm not sure how the geo is affected with clown hoops vs. soon to be dead Goldilocks wheels, but I'd guess its not too different. FWIW, @SuboptimusPrime jumped on a Size 3 Smash recently and feels like a Size 4 would be the right call, and he's about your height.

SuboptimusPrime

Turbo Monkey
Aug 18, 2005
NorCack
Anyone out there on the new Megatrail around 6'2"? I seem to be in-between sizes 3-4. Curious as to what people my height are riding. Fun (aggressive?) trail riding mostly. No park days on it. I have a DH bike for that.
You're right -- we are right on the cusp. On the whole, I think the size finder calls it about right. If you want an all around bike 3 long is reasonable. If you prioritize speed and gnar eating, you could reasonably go with a 4 short. Do you like your bike a bit more compact or do you want a limo? If you're not crazy about stem lengths and can run a 32 to 50mm stem (I'm OK with that range) then you can tune either size to suit. For example, a size 3 long has 493mm reach while the size 4 short is 500--you can make that up in the stem so fit could be similar. I would be happy on either. Of course with the longer frame the wheelbase gets longer which can be good or bad so there's always a compromise.

Here's my data point: I'm right about your height but have ape index of about 0. I'm on a size 3 trail pistol in long with a 50mm stem and as a trail bike its perfect, wouldn't change a thing. I bought it to be my local trail shredder for rolling/flat terrain in central NC. I went size 3 cause we have some tighter trails and not a ton of high speed action and I wanted to slap turns and hit our jumps so it just made sense. It doesn't hold me back at all. By no means is it short or cramped and it fits very similar to the other "large" GG bikes I have ridden before. I love how playful it is, it manuals pretty well, jumps great and I never hesitate to beat on it. I think a size 4 would be less "fun" for our local stuff. That said, I can't imagine adjusting it to be shorter for any reason so I'm at the top of the range for a size 3.

I've tooled around on a size 3 Smash as well and it felt a bit shorter than the TP (which makes sense as the reach decreases as your put a taller fork on the bike). I'm honestly not sure whether it also had a 50mm stem or not. With the Megatrail potentially having an even taller fork and presumably more "serious" riding intentions than a TP, I think you could think about going to a size 4. That's probably what I would do in your shoes.

schwaaa31

Turbo Monkey
Jul 30, 2002
Clinton Massachusetts
Thanks man. Size 3 sounds like it’d make more sense for me as well. Not much for sustained DH runs on my local trails. More technical quick up and downs, some decent size drops/jumps/rock rollers. The reach on a size 3 is longer than the XL trail bike I’m on now, in both positions.

SuboptimusPrime

Turbo Monkey
Aug 18, 2005
NorCack
Thanks man. Size 3 sounds like it’d make more sense for me as well. Not much for sustained DH runs on my local trails. More technical quick up and downs, some decent size drops/jumps/rock rollers. The reach on a size 3 is longer than the XL trail bike I’m on now, in both positions.
Sounds like the right call. Post up your impressions if you pull the trigger. I’ve been drooling over the new MT (and love my alloy one) so want to live vicariously through others.

sikocycles

Turbo Monkey
Feb 14, 2002
CT
I’m looking for a fox 650 pound spring that fits the 230x65mm shock. Fox was out of them when I tried to order. Order the zokes and will send the Craig in the off season
Has anyone kept up with their New Year resolution and don’t need a fat a$$ spring?

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
I’m looking for a fox 650 pound spring that fits the 230x65mm shock. Fox was out of them when I tried to order. Order the zokes and will send the Craig in the off season
Has anyone kept up with their New Year resolution and don’t need a fat a$$ spring?
I've got a 600 that probably weighs as much as the damper. Not the SLS style but free if you want it.

sikocycles

Turbo Monkey
Feb 14, 2002
CT
Yes Gnarvana. I am 242 in my birthday suit just before my morning shower. Geared up is probably another 10 pounds. Never weighed myself geared up.

mtg

Green with Envy
Sep 21, 2009
Denver, CO
Sag estimates:
600lb/in -> 29% sag
650 lb/in -> 27% sag

I think it rides better at 27% sag than 29% with a coil, but either will work.

marshalolson

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2006
Sag estimates:
600lb/in -> 29% sag
650 lb/in -> 27% sag

I think it rides better at 27% sag than 29% with a coil, but either will work.
Good to know, @mtg

Getting my frame tomorrow, and my spring is a little on the heavy side too. Sounds like that is actually a good thing. Cheers