Quantcast

Guerrilla Gravity, badass frame manufacturer in Colorado

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Wife is getting antsy for her Smash as the snowline creeps down the mountains.

Just over 5 weeks into the "5 to 7 weeks" window.

So just "2 weeks"...

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
By coincident GG central just called as they didn't have the water bottle in stock that was on her order. It's somewhere in the queue for final assembly so can't be far off.

A phone call to collect this afternoon would be great in time for tomorrows planned ride.

Pneuma

Chimp
Nov 5, 2021
Hey MTG et al.

Do you folks know if the new Fox Float X or DHX will fit a size 2 with the reservoir down at the front mount? It will surly work in the rear position but adding to the sprung weight isn't in physics best interest. I am considering replacing my DPX2 which is kinda wonky and meh. My specific application is a megatrail if that matters. Thanks for any insight.

Last edited:

mtg

Green with Envy
Sep 21, 2009
Denver, CO
We haven’t tried the Megatrail yet in that config, but one of my buddies just put a Float X on his size 2 Smash, and it fits in the orientation you mentioned.
25ED2071-D08F-4255-8D8B-8E43D2C33894.jpeg

Pneuma

Chimp
Nov 5, 2021
Great info. It looks like it maybe will work on a megatrail. If you guys happen to fit one of those new shocks on a megatrail please post the results.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Uh oh. Got the heads up late yesterday afternoon that wife's bike was ready to collect. She didn't want to deal with Denver traffic so wanted to collect today instead...

mtg

Green with Envy
Sep 21, 2009
Denver, CO
Yeah, some thieves broke in and stole all of the display bikes. Luckily, no customer bikes were stolen. I doubt we’ll ever see those bikes again :(

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Yeah, some thieves broke in and stole all of the display bikes. Luckily, no customer bikes were stolen. I doubt we’ll ever see those bikes again :(
Sorry to hear man. Spread the word through Pinkbike, Vital and other outlets. Maybe folks spot them!

Andeh

Customer Title
Mar 3, 2020
It's not a mullet nor does it have an idler or 3, so I'm not sure how the Vital testers managed to ride it :confused:

Gnarrelli
I think it's a pretty fair review. The video has more insights than the review text. I noticed many of the same things when I ran a Gnarvana setup (the long rear-end requires you to really lean over the bike in order to make tight corners, it's a little less progressive than you'd expect given its intentions & travel, but the length is unbelievably confidence inspiring when going downhill or landing jumps). I thought it was fine for climbing, although I don't do any techy climbs. It felt like it had a bit less anti-squat than the Smash or Megatrail, and the seat angle is a bit slacker, so a little bit less efficient than those models.

I do think part of the secret sauce of the Gnarvana, at least on the size 2, is that the reach isn't ridiculously long. Combined with the long rear center, having a moderate front center allows you to muscle the front end around and still retain some maneuverability. If the reach was like 20mm longer, it would feel like a total sled and not be as fun.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Damn that sucks. Call your city or state rep to get the police to do detective work.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Sucks seeing the showroom empty today when we swung by to pick up wife's new Smash.

But we were amazed with the toofer offer they had going for just this afternoon so I picked up a Smash too!

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Sucks seeing the showroom empty today when we swung by to pick up wife's new Smash.

But we were amazed with the toofer offer they had going for just this afternoon so I picked up a Smash too!
Are you sure it was not "stolen" goods? ;) :D