Quantcast

Guerrilla Gravity, badass frame manufacturer in Colorado

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
For anyone with a recent GG, how long did it take from getting the "Frame queued" email to be the bike being ready?

Just got that email for wife's Smash build and with the dustings of snow on the peaks she's getting antsy for her new bike.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
For anyone with a recent GG, how long did it take from getting the "Frame queued" email to be the bike being ready?

Just got that email for wife's Smash build and with the dustings of snow on the peaks she's getting antsy for her new bike.
The lead time for my frame was pretty spot-on.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Dropped in to egg central yesterday afternoon to see if they'd got a size 4 anywhere to throw a leg over. No luck.

Waiting to see if anyone local is willing to let me do a driveway spin.

marshalolson

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2006
Dropped in to egg central yesterday afternoon to see if they'd got a size 4 anywhere to throw a leg over. No luck.

Waiting to see if anyone local is willing to let me do a driveway spin.
Hey Man!
My size 4 Gnarvana is at GG right now actually. You are more than welcome to give it a spin. DM me to arrange, if you d like.
Cheers!

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Hey Man!
My size 4 Gnarvana is at GG right now actually. You are more than welcome to give it a spin. DM me to arrange, if you d like.
Cheers!
I appreciate it.

Managed to spin around a Denver street on someones size 4 smash earlier.

Either size could work, do I flip a coin? :D

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Do you prefer a shorter stem or longer? Bigger bike or smaller? If both work, which feels more comfortable?
He could probably make either fit comfortably. I'd say the question is how and what does he ride. Tight twisty trails or more open. Rolling terrain or big mountain, pop and play over obstacles or hell bent for leather?

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
He could probably make either fit comfortably. I'd say the question is how and what does he ride. Tight twisty trails or more open. Rolling terrain or big mountain, pop and play over obstacles or hell bent for leather?
I'd like a mountain bike plz.

marshalolson

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2006
I appreciate it.

Managed to spin around a Denver street on someones size 4 smash earlier.

Either size could work, do I flip a coin? :D
In all seriousness, both would fit, but really look aT the wheelbase on each size and model and compare that to the wheelbase on your current ride.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
In all seriousness, both would fit, but really look aT the wheelbase on each size and model and compare that to the wheelbase on your current ride.
My current trail bike is an XL, 9 year old, Turner Burner with a 455mm reach, ~1210mm WB. I think that would be a size 2 GG :D

Last edited:

marshalolson

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2006
My current trail bike is an XL, 9 year old, Turner Burner with a 455mm reach, ~1210mm WB. I think that would be a size 2 GG :D
Assuming you are interested in The Smash, the Sz3/long wheelbase is +40mm and the S4/short is +70mm. Unless you want the biggest and most stable bike, I'd say go Sz3.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
This was fun, and beware of Marshal's rock!

It was a fun ride on Sunday, wasn't cold once we got going. The drivers with no lights on in < 100 yards vis when getting there were the bigger issue.

Glad to hear with my hackish riding that the rock is a bucker, it's always seemed a little that way to me.

Resized_20211031_114539.jpeg

Last edited:

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
the section shown around 15:40 in that video is one of my favorite parts of that trail. there is another alt line to rider's left too, it's so fun.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Glad to hear with my hackish riding that the rock is a bucker, it's always seemed a little that way to me.

View attachment 166903

If the common ride off point is where you're standing in that pic, you can see why. Right as your front wheel is about to roll off, your back wheel is coming up a slope

Since that looks like a very obvious man made contraption, whoever built it should be fired quite honestly. That's sloppy ignorant shit for a public trail with "features"

Hipping off some of that shit to the right looks safer

mtg

Green with Envy
Sep 21, 2009
Denver, CO
If the common ride off point is where you're standing in that pic, you can see why. Right as your front wheel is about to roll off, your back wheel is coming up a slope

Since that looks like a very obvious man made contraption, whoever built it should be fired quite honestly. That's sloppy ignorant shit for a public trail with "features"

Hipping off some of that shit to the right looks safer
Marshal's bucky rock is in the video, the pic that @6thElement posted is a different feature and not bucky at all. I can see how it looks that way from the pic posted, but in reality, that thing is one of the safest large drops I can think of- the flat take off rock is longer than it looks in that particular pic. You can screw it up pretty bad and still be fine.

Different angle:

Ed Floyd Hill drop.JPG

Last edited:

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Marshal's bucky rock is in the video, the pic that @6thElement posted is a different feature and not bucky at all. I can see how it looks that way from the pic posted, but in reality, that thing is one of the safest large drops I can think of- the flat take off rock is longer than it looks in that particular pic. You can screw it up pretty bad and still be fine.
Got a time stamp?

no offense but anything with yoann barelli makes me want to punch puppies

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator

Different angle:

View attachment 166911

oh yeah that's not nearly as bad as the foreshortened pic :rofl:

Still looks like you have to poke off of it for the same reasons though...

dammit, I watched part of that vid to see marshall eat shit.....

He okay?

Last edited:

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
Yikes! Sorry Marshal!

I've never hit that rock kicker as at the speed you're going in that section it looks like it would send you to outer space, even if you managed to hit it with proper body position/technique.

Still, not exactly fun in my book.

marshalolson

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2006
Hey All! Good here, haha. Back on bikes/skis in 4 weeks.

Takeaway... that rock lip thing might look good riding into it, but it is not for jumping. Its good for bottoming your fork at full speed and bucking you like crazy.

It's what I get for leading out Yoann on a trail I have never ridden before.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

Takeaway... that rock lip thing might look good riding into it, but it is not for jumping. Its good for bottoming your fork at full speed and bucking you like crazy.

sounds like you need to hit the school of levangelism ;)

shirk007

Monkey
Apr 14, 2009

Heal up dude.