Quantcast

Guerrilla Gravity, badass frame manufacturer in Colorado

mtg

Green with Envy
Sep 21, 2009
Denver, CO
Coming up in a matter of days: the Sedona Camping Weekend

Fun times to be had. It was booked completely, but a couple riders can't make it, which means there are a couple spots left if anybody wants to shred in the desert this weekend.

Metamorphic

Monkey
May 12, 2015
Cackalack
I don't read ridegg.com every day (though I know I should), but it seems to me like prices have dropped, certainly black no longer costs $ and overall, generally seems like you get more bike for your buck with the 2018 kits. Hell yeah, GG! See you fools in Asheville in the spring I hope! SMASH!!!!

EDIT: While we are talking about a demo stop in Asheville, can you please go to Pisgah, even if just Bent Creek? Nothing against Kolo, but let's go somewhere where we can rip the bikes for a solid hour braaap-lap in the forest. If we're dreaming, a stop at the Hub or Sycamore in Pisgah Forest would be, you know, like, every little boy's Christmas wish, but understood logistics/etc get in the way of going EXACTLY where you want. Will be on lookout for 2018 event calendar for sure.

Last edited:

mtg

Green with Envy
Sep 21, 2009
Denver, CO
I don't read ridegg.com every day (though I know I should), but it seems to me like prices have dropped, certainly black no longer costs $ and overall, generally seems like you get more bike for your buck with the 2018 kits. Hell yeah, GG! See you fools in Asheville in the spring I hope! SMASH!!!!

EDIT: While we are talking about a demo stop in Asheville, can you please go to Pisgah, even if just Bent Creek? Nothing against Kolo, but let's go somewhere where we can rip the bikes for a solid hour braaap-lap in the forest. If we're dreaming, a stop at the Hub or Sycamore in Pisgah Forest would be, you know, like, every little boy's Christmas wish, but understood logistics/etc get in the way of going EXACTLY where you want. Will be on lookout for 2018 event calendar for sure.
Yep, we were able to gain some additional efficiencies in manufacturing and purchasing power of components and passed along the savings.
2018 is basically a BNG update, but notable highlights in addition to more bang for buck are new decals that are more durable, increased insertion depth, heh heh, for dropper posts.

mrgto

Monkey
Aug 4, 2009
Yep, we were able to gain some additional efficiencies in manufacturing and purchasing power of components and passed along the savings.
2018 is basically a BNG update, but notable highlights in addition to more bang for buck are new decals that are more durable, increased insertion depth, heh heh, for dropper posts.
Do you guys ever have any XS demos available? My wife is 5'2 and id like to get her on a MT/SD. If you do bring one to Ashville if you come out this way!

I'm still enjoying the shit out of my suboptimal wheel size MT btw. I'm about to throw a coil shock on it since I dropped some major lbs and got to 215.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
I’d love to try a GG out. Either an MT or the Smash.

I guess the MT would be closest to my Nomad3, but I’m curious about these shorter travel wagon wheel bikes.

mtg

Green with Envy
Sep 21, 2009
Denver, CO
Do you guys ever have any XS demos available? My wife is 5'2 and id like to get her on a MT/SD. If you do bring one to Ashville if you come out this way!

I'm still enjoying the shit out of my suboptimal wheel size MT btw. I'm about to throw a coil shock on it since I dropped some major lbs and got to 215.
Not at the moment, but the demo schedule is in the works for 2018. I'm not sure if we'll have the man power to make it out to Pisgah, though.

mrgto

Monkey
Aug 4, 2009
Not at the moment, but the demo schedule is in the works for 2018. I'm not sure if we'll have the man power to make it out to Pisgah, though.
Just send me a few bikes out including a XS MT and I’ll make up for your lack of man power for free50free!

mtg

Green with Envy
Sep 21, 2009
Denver, CO
The Denver flagship REI is a GG Demo Center now. It came in handy today, somebody wanted to demo a small Megatrail, and we had just sold that demo bike....sent the rider 2 miles down the street to grab a demo from REI.

mtg

Green with Envy
Sep 21, 2009
Denver, CO
GG bikes and frames are not available on REI.com, just in the Denver flagship store only.

Those water filters are badass for doing big backcountry trail rides, though. So, that "related item" is surprisingly accurate.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
<snip>
Those water filters are badass for doing big backcountry trail rides, though. So, that "related item" is surprisingly accurate.
Agreed - as long as I know the availability of water, I don't bother with a bladder any more - just take a water bottle and that tiny little filter. Gives me a good excuse to take breaks, too.

mtg

Green with Envy
Sep 21, 2009
Denver, CO
Agreed - as long as I know the availability of water, I don't bother with a bladder any more - just take a water bottle and that tiny little filter. Gives me a good excuse to take breaks, too.
Yep. I did a bunch of 40+ mile rides last year with 1 - 2 water bottle(s) and a filter.

Lazoup

Chimp
Mar 24, 2015
Denver, CO
Yeah, it actually couldn't be more relevant! Considering almost every GG Rider I know in the area has one of these Sawyer water filter.

SuboptimusPrime

Turbo Monkey
Aug 18, 2005
NorCack
Finally got a short ride in on my new Shred Dogg. Today was 80% cutting new trail and 20% making sure it didn't suck. Coming from a V1 megatrail initial impressions are that, as advertised, this thing will be good for trail parties. Will get some non-garbage pictures and more detailed review after some more saddle time.

IMG_5541.jpg

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
Shreddog interest... I don't post a ton here, but ya'll have IMO the best info/thread going.

on a small SC 5010, most recent geometry. Doesn't get ridden as much - I should have gotten a medium... and a Medium Nomad C3 - which feels great with a 50mm stem. Have a full on DH bike and a fatbike with a 2nd 27+ wheelset.

Am looking to combine the 5010 and Nomad into one and have no interest in a Bronson. Like VPP very much, have gotten along with the couple Horst bikes I've had in the past, and even like a decent single pivot. No worries on the different suspension. Am fine going back to alu from carbon. Purchase incumbent on selling off the two current frames.

Based on the numbers compared to my current rides, a small Shreddog frame ought to do it, yeah? I've gotten to throw a leg over a medium Trail Pistol, and it felt too long. On paper, it's what I'm after.

Thinkng the SDog with my Lyrik @ 150-160, have a two wheelset setup. Ought to work great for my daily driver bike. something that can handle stupid moves, trips out west, etc. more than the 5010 but perhaps being able to pedal as said daily driver a bit more friendly than the Nomad even with a light set of wheels.

Thoughts?

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Shreddog interest... I don't post a ton here, but ya'll have IMO the best info/thread going.

on a small SC 5010, most recent geometry. Doesn't get ridden as much - I should have gotten a medium... and a Medium Nomad C3 - which feels great with a 50mm stem. Have a full on DH bike and a fatbike with a 2nd 27+ wheelset.

Am looking to combine the 5010 and Nomad into one and have no interest in a Bronson. Like VPP very much, have gotten along with the couple Horst bikes I've had in the past, and even like a decent single pivot. No worries on the different suspension. Am fine going back to alu from carbon. Purchase incumbent on selling off the two current frames.

Based on the numbers compared to my current rides, a small Shreddog frame ought to do it, yeah? I've gotten to throw a leg over a medium Trail Pistol, and it felt too long. On paper, it's what I'm after.

Thinkng the SDog with my Lyrik @ 150-160, have a two wheelset setup. Ought to work great for my daily driver bike. something that can handle stupid moves, trips out west, etc. more than the 5010 but perhaps being able to pedal as said daily driver a bit more friendly than the Nomad even with a light set of wheels.

Thoughts?

velocipedist

Lubrication Sensei
Jul 11, 2006
Rainbow City Alabama
You will not be dissapointed, picked up my shred dogg in feb and 1600 miles later, it continues to rail in current smash mode. Access to all the wheelz doesnt hurt, guerrillas shred lizards with ease.
IMG_20180115_194332.jpg

Last edited:

mtg

Green with Envy
Sep 21, 2009
Denver, CO

Thoughts?
That's exactly what it is designed for :thumb:

SuboptimusPrime

Turbo Monkey
Aug 18, 2005
NorCack
Thoughts?
As others have said, I think the shred dogg/megatrail frame is about as versatile as it comes. With a travel adjust fork (and if you wanted, a second shock with megatrail stroke) You can really cover a very wide spectrum of riding.

I think you had a spitfire in the past right? One thing I loved about those bikes (both the v1 and v2) was that it had relatively short travel but great geometry. Its perfect for riding our mellow local trails and jumps but is also a blast in the mountains (Pisgah for me). I think the Shred Dogg is similar but better.