Quantcast

Guerrilla Gravity, badass frame manufacturer in Colorado

Metamorphic

Monkey
May 12, 2015
Cackalack
I promise I can read but I just hunted through this thread with a certain vigor normally reserved for big huxxx......how do you go from Megatrail to Smash? Just new rear triangle? That easy?? I feel like I remember reading that....,.

Shizzon

Monkey
Jun 25, 2015
What jackalope said. Though the Shred Dogg does clear up to 29x2.3" as is (officially referred to as a Meat Pistol I believe); IIRC only the 145mm setting is applicable with big wheels, the 135mm mode would probably "work/fit" but your BB height may be a bit higher than optimal.

To fit bigger rubber (up to 2.5" I think) you need the Smash seat stays.

Overall this frame a super configurable platform; I have a Pedalhead inbound and will be trying the 29" wheels and a 140mm Ribbon that I had it build up with on the Shred Dogg; If I like it then I will probably order a set of Smash stays so that I can run bigger rubber and have the ability to change from crush/plush.

mtg

Green with Envy
Sep 21, 2009
Denver, CO
I promise I can read but I just hunted through this thread with a certain vigor normally reserved for big huxxx......how do you go from Megatrail to Smash? Just new rear triangle? That easy?? I feel like I remember reading that....,.
Seat stays, and the shock from the Shred Dogg.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
guess who just bought a 30.9 dropper but seems to have a 31.6 tube?

after I double checked the spec on the website ... :imstupid: any chance you have a shim?

mtg

Green with Envy
Sep 21, 2009
Denver, CO
guess who just bought a 30.9 dropper but seems to have a 31.6 tube?

after I double checked the spec on the website ... :imstupid: any chance you have a shim?
We can get shims, it's what we used on all of the complete builds when the seat tube was 31.6.

mtg

Green with Envy
Sep 21, 2009
Denver, CO
In house CNC machining: after a few months of machining our own parts in house, it's time to....buy a 2nd CNC mill. One wasn't enough.

New CNC machine day is like the manufacturing engineer's version of new bike day. A few more weeks and Haas #2 will be in the building....

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
In house CNC machining: after a few months of machining our own parts in house, it's time to....buy a 2nd CNC mill. One wasn't enough.

New CNC machine day is like the manufacturing engineer's version of new bike day. A few more weeks and Haas #2 will be in the building....
Careful there, it is a slippery slope. Look at what happened to Intense: first buying one CNC machine after the other to keep up with production and now they are a marketing company selling Spanish designed, German engineered and Asian manufactured carbon frames. :disgust1: ;)

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator

You make polished aluminum dongs at company parties now don't you?

I mean......I would.

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
Not fancy CNC mill work, but i found this familiar shaped rock during a ride in Pisgah, and after few minutes with a Dremel tool, voila!

It's great for leaving on a conspicuous shelf in the living room, as I can claim it was a Paleolithic lady's friend after a house guest picks it up for closer inspection.

roflbox

roflborx
Jan 23, 2017
Raleigh, NC

:drool:
which model are you getting

SuboptimusPrime

Turbo Monkey
Aug 18, 2005
NorCack
Agreed! Sounds super fun. I’m already tapped out for long distance trips for the year (Whistler) but maybe next year I can get the N.C. crew to make a thing of it....

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Ha! Btw, you still have old glory ? Was wondering if you might build it up as a beater DH bike. Although I'm assuming you're bringing the Bromad to SS next week?
psssssst...wanna buy an uzzi frame? it’s just chillin in the garage right now since almost everything transferred over.

yeah, 2650bromad’s coming to da shoe. might have to woo-proof it and swap on the old aluminum bars tho.

mtg

Green with Envy
Sep 21, 2009
Denver, CO
I suppose, but we'd probably have to bring our own rox since they don't really have any west of the Miss :(
They have plenty of rox at Angel Fire, and I think we may be sending folks down Alpha Rocks for one of the runs, which is pretty much rox on rox, sprouted from other rocks.

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
They have plenty of rox at Angel Fire, and I think we may be sending folks down Alpha Rocks for one of the runs, which is pretty much rox on rox, sprouted from other rocks.
Oh I have no doubt you have a cornucopia of Mag 30 destroying rox in CO and Angelfire, I was just trying to start a rock fight :rimshot:

Btw, so is this event something you'd want to do on a DH bike or could you do it on a Smash or MT and pray you don't obliterate your wheels?