Quantcast

Guerrilla Gravity, badass frame manufacturer in Colorado

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Geez. Been an age since anyone has posted up here.

Is this a no news is good news situation? I hope so, but I gotta say, given the timing of my bathroom reno and my awesome Mitsu transmission bed-shitting, not getting my GG frame has been a happy coincidence in the end.

In other news, my new Lyrik has rejuvenated my obsolete N3 enough to consider it a new bike.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
given the timing of my bathroom reno and my awesome Mitsu transmission bed-shitting, not getting my GG frame has been a happy coincidence in the end.
That's only because you don't know what you're missing. Which would be that frame you ordered that's now in my hands. And getting radical on the regular.

What excellent handling trait would you like to know first? I can focus in on the characteristics superior to those of a santa cruz nomad if you like.

Last edited:

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
That's only because you don't know what you're missing. Which would be that frame you ordered that's now in my hands. And getting radical on the regular.
That can't be true, or there would have been evidence in this thread. You haven't been Pole'd have you, so to speak? #ijest

Don't get me wrong, I'd have still enjoyed enduring the "You should have got a Rocky" razzing that us Canadians like to dish out to each other had I deprived you of your un-earned GG frame delivery date, but the silence here has been conspicuous.

@mtg I'd still be all over being a BAMF up here. I once finished just outside of the top 20 of the fastest riders who decided to show up to our casual enduro races one night this summer! On a slow bike! I'd be the Squarespace of enduro up here!

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
That can't be true, or there would have been evidence in this thread. You haven't been Pole'd have you, so to speak? #ijest

Don't get me wrong, I'd have still enjoyed enduring the "You should have got a Rocky" razzing that us Canadians like to dish out to each other had I deprived you of your un-earned GG frame delivery date, but the silence here has been conspicuous.

@mtg I'd still be all over being a BAMF up here. I once finished just outside of the top 20 of the fastest riders who decided to show up to our casual enduro races one night this summer! On a slow bike! You could be the Squarespace of enduro up here!

mtg

Green with Envy
Sep 21, 2009
Denver, CO
We're full speed ahead, brought online two more CNC machines in the past few months, and the Size 4 is being rolled out now.

And, Size 2 frames have the shortest lead time of anything right now. Carbon front triangles are in stock, just needs to go through the assembly queue.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
We're full speed ahead, brought online two more CNC machines in the past few months, and the Size 4 is being rolled out now.

And, Size 2 frames have the shortest lead time of anything right now. Carbon front triangles are in stock, just needs to go through the assembly queue.
Your facility must be filling up quick.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
In order to better rub peach's nose in it, even though he doesn't deserve any of this:

Bike = good

I've switched back and forth between shrdg and mgtrl a few times, with some combination of 160mm 27.5 fork, 180mm 26" fork, two sets of wheels (one tough guy, one pedal guy) and various tires. Plus switching around that little headtube cup for shorty and longy.

A few things to know:
Get a chain with each seatstay setup. The megatrail requires a longer chain. I tried to get one within a link of difference in length but it's just more than that.
Pay attention to your chainguide. My MRP guide and bash rubs the chainstay at the back of the guide part, I had to grind it down.

Other than that switching seatstays is insanely easy. It takes about 15 minutes. Only one fiddly set of washers to go with the bearings, and even those washers have a recessed end that mounts on the bearing hub so it doesn't fly all over the place when you take them apart (suck it transition).

As far as tolerances go however, this is without a doubt the straightest most aligned frame I've ever seen. Everything just lines up. No forcing rear triangle bits together at all, stuff just sits in the right place and is truly aligned. It's almost like the guy who designed it worked in a real industry that requires real tolerances before building bikes.

I actually got sore legs the first time I rode it being more over the BB with steeper seat angle, my legs weren't used to that angle. It does feel stronger punching up chunky crap.

This thing is motherfucking stiff. Stiffest trail bike I've personally ridden. Like tracking over horrible bedrock shale off camber doesn't move at all stiff.

You can change that reach cup thing without taking the fork off. You could literally do it at the top of a trail. Just loosen the stem, take off the stem cap, drop the fork a little without taking the stem off, and pull each one out and rotate them. It's kind of neat.

Only gripes: kinda heavy, chainguide thing

Praises: stiff as fuck, suspension works well with poofter or coil boingers, kinda like two bikes because it's literally 4 different bikes with a seatstay setup and different fork, and takes little time to switch. Biggest praise ever: it does nothing weird, just tracks, absorbs, and pops when needed. Simple suspension kinematics for predictable smashing.

the end

-you friend, kidwoo, with peach's bike

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
As far as tolerances go however, this is without a doubt the straightest most aligned frame I've ever seen. Everything just lines up. No forcing rear triangle bits together at all, stuff just sits in the right place and is truly aligned.
This might be my new favorite thing about them.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
When I had mine (DPX2) on the Altitude, it would clang like a motherfucker on really hard square hits (but didn’t quite feel like it was bottoming out), glad to hear yours is good. It was the reason I went to coilover.
This was typically at high speeds.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
my old ccdb honked like an angry goose when it compressed after never being serviced ever ever. i think it might have been trying to tell me to get rid of those carbon bars. but i dunno man i just dunno.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Gosh. Just look at the activity I’ve sparked.

I’d say everyone owes me a pretty huge debt of gratitude.

I would accept a permanent sticker on My frame marking it appropriately.

vinny4130

Monkey
Jun 11, 2007
albuquerque
All I can say is thank you to MTG and crew! Reading all the pole BS and how that flaming shit pile is going, makes me very happy with my decision to buy the guerrilla instead!

On a side note the rise in popularity of calling it a “Gee Gee” is annoying, it’s like a bunch of dudes all the sudden get a slimy French accent for a moment. But really it’s the only complaint I can muster. I’ve sold six in our shop and all have been great!