Quantcast

Guerrilla Gravity, badass frame manufacturer in Colorado

SuboptimusPrime

Turbo Monkey
Aug 18, 2005
NorCack
He's about 6'2"...maybe closer to 6'1" now that he's old and Sir Issac Newton has mashed him down a bit.
I would add that while @jackalope has my height correct, my ape index is not very high. I love the fit of the size 3 long for trail riding. If I had really long arms or if I was very set on riding really rough stuff at high speeds, I would have wanted a size 4. This is exactly what the size finder told me so basically I think they have that thing pretty dialed.

Last edited:

SuboptimusPrime

Turbo Monkey
Aug 18, 2005
NorCack
Also, for that amount of discount, makes me wonder if there's something new in the pipelines.
I wondered the same--certainly possible. Would not be surprised to see a Gen 3 tune or something like that. That said, PUSH has blown out old stock many times over the years. That's how I got mine like 4 years ago.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Sounds like it needs some intermittent fasting :D

Seems harsh to judge it on weight against a fly weight XC bike Mondraker that bends in the huck to flat and you wouldn't trust in the bike park, whereas they said they took this down Whistler double-blacks.

(Still high on my list of bikes being considered for next trail bike when(if) my 2012 Turner Burner dies).

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Sounds like it needs some intermittent fasting :D

Seems harsh to judge it on weight against a fly weight XC bike Mondraker that bends in the huck to flat and you wouldn't trust in the bike park, whereas they said they took this down Whistler double-blacks.

(Still high on my list of bikes being considered for next trail bike when(if) my 2012 Turner Burner dies).
-heavy
-people might not like graphics
-water bottle position

i still maybe want a trail pistola

mtg

Green with Envy
Sep 21, 2009
Denver, CO
They have to put something down as the negatives, and those are pretty minor. Kind of like The Smash review from 2017 where Levy's list of negatives were "not as good as longer travel bikes in rough, ummm?, that's it".

As far as the water bottle mount, we sent a bottle cage with the bike that works awesome, they just didn't use it.

Pretty awesome to see their overall stoke level, though.

FlipFantasia

Turbo Monkey
Oct 4, 2001
Sea to Sky BC
sounds like a solid trail bike....pretty obvious that PB is trying a bit too hard to create weird categories and end up having to mark it down for not fitting into their 'downcountry' that well

djjohnr

Turbo Monkey
Apr 21, 2002
Northern California
I don't get the frame weight argument when it comes to climbing. I've gone down the path of lightening non-rotating weight and it generally does fuck all for making climbing any easier for me. 2lbs is less that 1% of total weight between me and the bike. Rotating weight, yes - makes a perceivable difference. At some point a heavy enough bike becomes harder to get off the ground, but that's not a climbing thing.

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
It was an OK review IMO, but given that they are clearly comparing it to more purpose built whippet bikes, I think it can only be so useful.

What they really should've done is test the bike with the fucking word "Trail" in its name in the "trail bike" category, change it to a Smash for the "all mountain" category and then change it to a Megatrail for the "enduro" category. Keep track of the additional $$$ needed for the stay kits and components, then add it all up and compare it to the cost of owning 3 of the other bikes in the respective categories. Finally, start hitting the other frames with sledge hammers to see what happens.

Then just post this gif for good measure -

fwp

Monkey
Jun 5, 2013
If I spent 6k on the race build and it weighed 29.5 with no pedals I would want an solid explanation as to why its advertised weight of 27.4 for the next size up on the website??
Gotta love the Bike industry:banghead:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
If I spent 6k on the race build and it weighed 29.5 with no pedals I would want an solid explanation as to why its advertised weight of 27.4 for the next size up on the website??
For starters the tires tested aren't the same as the default ones for that build.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
They also call out the weight being "as pictured", so it's likely they included the weight of a bottle cage + bottle, seeing as how those things are "pictured"

wiscodh

Monkey
Jun 21, 2007
As far as the water bottle mount, we sent a bottle cage with the bike that works awesome, they just didn't use it.
if it was the metal one included in the nuts kit...... I understand why they swapped that POS out. Lost 2 bottles from that one.

Last edited:

mtg

Green with Envy
Sep 21, 2009
Denver, CO
As mentioned, they swapped out the tires to something quite a bit heavier, plus the shock was changed, and it sounds like they included the weight of some peripherals. Gotta love keyboard warriors:wave: