Quantcast

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Edit: but you're right, those scary looking semi-autos should be banned! We should all take your buddy joe Biden's advice and use a double barrel shotgun and blast someone through the door
Pretty sure dick Cheney only used a single barrel, and it was a fence not a door

SlapheadMofo

Monkey
Jul 29, 2003
Westminster MA
They must have deep pockets up there then since fill-autos haven always been expensive.
I'm applying a class 3 tax stamp (similar to what is required for a full-auto) but the wait time is around 12 months now
Yeah - they weren't cheap, but not crazy-expensive either. One of the guys was showing me some pictures of things he owned, like 'street sweepers' and such. I was really surprised that some regular jamoke can just get that stuff based on not much more than an 'ok' from the local head LEO and a few bucks. I was under the impression it was a little more regulated.

When he inevitably went to the 'the 2nd amendment is the one that protects all the other ones', I asked if he was available to go on a short term killing spree in support of gay marriage, or to keep the gubmint from pushing the redneck god of choice on my kid every morning. Surprisingly, he wasn't.
So much for protecting freedom I guess.

Last edited:

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
I was really surprised that some regular jamoke can just get that stuff based on not much more than an 'ok' from the local head LEO and a few bucks. I was under the impression it was a little more regulated.
Its not as easy as that. It's a nearly year long process to get something that's on the NFA list (suppressor, sbr or full auto.) the ATF does a thorough background check and your chief LEO needs to sign off on it plus there's a $200 tax stamp for every item you want.
Last I saw, a full auto m16 is around $10k if my memory serves me right. A lot of people buy them as an investment too since prices have skyrocketed

Last edited:

SlapheadMofo

Monkey
Jul 29, 2003
Westminster MA
"Thorough" meaning anybody without a criminal record (or anybody that sets up a corporation, which can't have a criminal record, as a way around the check)?
So basically, anybody that's not a felon, or mabye even if they are, but smart enough to work the loopholes, can have fully automatic weapons as long as they've got a little bit of cash and patience?

I dunno, the fact that I can own an actual machine gun for no good reason other than backyard entertainment seems kinda ****ed.

SLOPE

Monkey
Aug 24, 2001
Arnold, Maryland
"Its not as easy as that. It's a nearly year long process to get something that's on the NFA list (suppressor, sbr or full auto.) the ATF does a thorough background check and your chief LEO needs to sign off on it plus there's a $200 tax stamp for every item you want.
Last I saw, a full auto m16 is around $10k if my memory serves me right. A lot of people buy them as an investment too since prices have skyrocketed."

It requires both a federal stamp and a state stamp, not cheap.
But then with the skyrocketing rate of people using full auto machine guns to mow people down they should probably increase that amount to nip it in the bud.

I do have a permit for the above mentioned skyrocket before you all get nervous and call the po po and wait.

Last edited:

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
I forgot when Woo gets proven wrong, he resorts to name calling...now I remember why i don't get into these "discussions."

Edit: but you're right, those scary looking semi-autos should be banned! We should all take your buddy joe Biden's advice and use a double barrel shotgun and blast someone through the door
You really are a moron. Not because I'm wrong but because you're just literally too stupid to understand what I was even saying.

Let me simplify: the assault weapons ban WAS ineffective in many ways because it DID focus on what many rifles looked like, not their function.

Moron.

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
Let me simplify: the assault weapons ban WAS ineffective in many ways because it DID focus on what many rifles looked like, not their function.

Moron.
That's not what you said at all jerkoff

And you are wrong dick breath

maybe, ill refresh you to the stupidity you original said Piers and what i called you out on (among other things)
Just how many consecutive rounds you need to pop off with a semi-auto anything to hunt with again?

Last edited:

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
It requires both a federal stamp and a state stamp, not cheap.
But then with the skyrocketing rate of people using full auto machine guns to mow people down they should probably increase that amount to nip it in the bud.
There is no state tax stamp, only a federal. I don't see anything that mentions about a state tax

And I hope you were joking about people using full autos to "mow people down." When was the last time that happened? The north Hollywood shoot out?

Last edited:

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Its not as easy as that. It's a nearly year long process to get something that's on the NFA list (suppressor, sbr or full auto.) the ATF does a thorough background check and your chief LEO needs to sign off on it plus there's a $200 tax stamp for every item you want.
Last I saw, a full auto m16 is around $10k if my memory serves me right. A lot of people buy them as an investment too since prices have skyrocketed
Having shot M16s, a few "full auto" versions, and M249s to compare, a "full auto" M16 is useless garbage. The weapon is too light to put any "full auto" rounds downrange accurately, making it effective for about the distance of a room, but at that point you're better off with an MP-5. It's not like hollywood. The "coolness"/hormonal factor of the "full auto" is what attracts people I suppose. I've shot everything from submachine guns to .50cals "full auto" and only the big heavier weapons on a bipod or tripod were worth anything, the lighter ones were intended for combat over extremely short distances. A couple exceptions like the M249 had enough mass to be somewhat accurately shoulder-fired. I'd imagine the slightly heavier M240 works in that role for the seals and special forces units, as I've seen them utilize it in that way. Otherwise, the "full auto" is just a penis extender IMO. You can brag about how you can spray rounds inaccurately all over the place...

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
which is probably why they use a burst shot rifle now instead
but it can indeed be controlled at shorter distances
http://youtu.be/33Z9R3-Jq2I?t=2m
You can see what I'm talking about in the video. Look at how he has to hold it with his hand on the barrel, and notice he's wearing that glove, it's because the barrel gets so damn hot so fast on full auto. Anyone who thinks they are going to shoot a rifle like that at anything other than a range for anything more than a magazine is simply in denial of reality. I remember one time when we got the "go ahead" to shoot 3 round burst as fast as we possibly could, and those weapons heated up in no time. You can keep the rounds "on target" well enough for the distance of a room or 30 feet, but otherwise it's just a waste and is only for the "cool factor", not for any real benefit in combat. I've actually done this stuff with various weapons and in various scenarios. I did like "carrying" the M249 because it was fairly accurate even shoulder fired and could lay down a lot of rounds, but the barrel on that thing is miles ahead of any AR. The biggest reason I liked it was because it had 200 round drums, so I wouldn't have to reload much if I was using controlled bursts.

Last edited:

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
You can see what I'm talking about in the video. Look at how he has to hold it with his hand on the barrel, and notice he's wearing that glove
You are right. It's really a spray and pray function and a waste of ammo but just so know, the way he is holding the rifle is the way most combat carbine schools are teaching shooters to hold their rifles

Last edited:

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
maybe, ill refresh you to the stupidity you original said Piers and what i called you out on (among other things)
Hey where's my refresher to the stupidity of me original said Piers and what you called me out on (among other things)?

I don't know what me original said Piers means but you definitely didn't call me out on anything. It IS easier to buy a gun in this country than it is a taser. Should I say "in most places?" Cuz it sure as shlt is. You ever been to a tazer show on a fairground? I've been to lots of other shows where tazers aren't what's on display. And I tried to buy one of those zappy shocky things for work. It's easier to get the weaver stance training and a cert to get a checkout from our armory. Because apparently tazers can kill people so they have to be handled responsibly.

As far as all your other freaking out. Here's what I was referring to.

http://current.com/community/94036398_senator-ted-cruz-not-only-swept-the-floor-on-the-gun-control-hearings-he-took-out-the-trash.htm

Hit the 6 minute mark.

Your friend and mine Wayne Lapierre has made a very good point on why and NEW assault weapons ban needs to focus on the FUNCTION of weapons, not their appearance.

You all caught up now?