Quantcast

bpatterson6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 1, 2004
Colorado
I Wouldn't be surprised if it were Intense. I happened to eves drop on Jeff Steber and another guy talking as they walked along earlier this year at the Sea Otter Classic.
The topic was Aaron Gwin. That's a drag that he's leaving Yeti. It was nice having him at some of the MSC races. Dude is super cool, fast as hell and fun to watch.

Kanye West

220# bag of hacktastic
Aug 31, 2006
Yeti seems to have a high turnover of top-notch talent for one of the top few teams that round out the top 10 at WC's. At least it seems to be much more frequent than SC, Trek, Intense, Specialized, or whoever else has a competitive team. Wonder if that's just a money issue.

Kanye West

220# bag of hacktastic
Aug 31, 2006
Skinny undersized, girlie features, ex drug problems, tons of cash and a bevy of hollywood hotties!

Wow and I thought he was just a biker!!! LOL
Last I saw him he was hardly undersized. I think a bit over 6' and pretty built.

As for being a rich female and having drug problems, I cannot confirm nor deny.

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
You guys have it all wrong!!!! News is he will be on the 2011 Carbon Evil!!!!!!! Suprized you guys didn't see that one coming.....

Where ever he lands, I hope 2011 is the Year of the Gwin!!!!

Cecil

Last edited:

Kanye West

220# bag of hacktastic
Aug 31, 2006
You guys have it all wrong!!!! News is he will be on the 2011 Carbon Evil!!!!!!! Suprized you guys didn't see that one coming.....

Where ever he lands, I hope 2011 is the Year of the Gwin!!!!

Cecil
So you are saying that he will be sitting out this season while waiting for a bike? Clever wording..

big-ted

Danced with A, attacked by C, fired by D.
Sep 27, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Yeti seems to have a high turnover of top-notch talent for one of the top few teams that round out the top 10 at WC's. At least it seems to be much more frequent than SC, Trek, Intense, Specialized, or whoever else has a competitive team. Wonder if that's just a money issue.
I see it that Yeti are huge in supporting up and coming talent in the US. Bringing up "grass roots" riders and providing them the support they need for a couple of seasons so that they can then go on to bigger and better things.

Work well for all parties as I imagine Yeti don't have the coin that the bigger guys do either.

trib

not worthy of a Rux.
Jun 22, 2009
I think Yeti is to US riders what Orange is for UK (and other nationalities, but mostly UK) riders, a springboard sponsor for the big time. Beaumont, Minnaar, Stanbridge, Fairclough all earned their current rides off the back of Orange sponsorship

aaronjb

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2010
I see it that Yeti are huge in supporting up and coming talent in the US. Bringing up "grass roots" riders and providing them the support they need for a couple of seasons so that they can then go on to bigger and better things.

Work well for all parties as I imagine Yeti don't have the coin that the bigger guys do either.
This has been Yeti's game since the late '80s.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
I like the fact that mid-level US brands are specing complete race ready bikes for $4k. Foes and Yeti both have competitive offerings out of the box at that price point.
the Foes Hydro kit is around $4800 MSRP but can be had for a bit cheaper through a dealer

big-ted

Danced with A, attacked by C, fired by D.
Sep 27, 2005
Vancouver, BC
must be tough as a team manager to see riders leave and do great the following year. Blenki in particular comes to mind.
Why? I'd be stoked. I'm doing a good job by getting my employer the maximum amount of exposure for the minimum amount of financial outlay. Plus, I'm growing the market for my employers products by helping more up and coming riders make a name for themselves so that they may go on to be the heroes and stars of the sport tomorrow.

aaronjb

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2010
must be tough as a team manager to see riders leave and do great the following year. Blenki in particular comes to mind.
I want to say that Yeti used to relish in their role as talent-finder, though I may be mistaken.

FarkinRyan

Monkey
Dec 15, 2003
Pemberton, BC
Yeti is now and always has been the premier talent-development squad on the World Cup circuit. The only 'star' they've retained long term in recent memory is Graves. Julie Furtado, John Tomac, Myles Rockwell, Missy Giove, Nathan Rennie and Jill Kintner all came out of the Yeti program and went on to do big things.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Yeti...the New England Patriots of MTB.

the Foes Hydro kit is around $4800 MSRP but can be had for a bit cheaper through a dealer

I should have known better than to trust anything spewed by Brent Foes on the net. He outright stated in multiple forums it would have a retail $5k full build.

Now...to find the link and prove ME right.:think: