Quantcast

bobsten

Monkey
Oct 23, 2008
rain rain go away
while we're all floating on different tangents in a world of speculation and not that anyone cares but I think its cool to see this podium with all clipless riders, kind of goes against that whole JUNIOR-EX-GNAR-BROBRAH-FOOTOUTFLATOUT-thing

MasterofGroms

Monkey
Dec 4, 2008
NorthEastern US

Little sulky sure, but think of how screwed he was, surprised he didnt go after the lil ****

*edit* attn masterofgroms why was he training for this race for FOUR years, isnt there 1 of these each year? Why is this 1 so important?
You have to be 17 or 18 years old to qualify for a world cup or world champs...he just turned 17 so this was his first year of eligibility.

His long term goal is set on Nico's 10 world championships which included a dominant junior run. I am not certain, but I think he won two of them as a junior.

ianjenn

Turbo Monkey
Sep 12, 2006
SLO
You have to be 17 or 18 years old to qualify for a world cup or world champs...he just turned 17 so this was his first year of eligibility.

His long term goal is set on Nico's 10 world championships which included a dominant junior run. I am not certain, but I think he won two of them as a junior.
I also believe Nico's last junior race time would have placed him first in ELITE men's:eek:

Damn some big shoes to fill good for him.

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey

Good to hear, i would say that his chances next year should be good, IMO .06 isnt a skill difference, its a chance difference. Hope to see him up there

ianjenn

Turbo Monkey
Sep 12, 2006
SLO
It's also common knowledge that Nico Villoux is an Alien.

My Neko is Human...I was there to see him emerge!

So...where do we suspect gwinny is going to land?:)
Well I'm routing Intense. but thats just so I can get him to drive up here with his his factory M9 and shoot some images on a hairy local trail! Also USAx2 deal would be killer.:rofl:

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
I doubt that the intense PR guy will say "rumor is it will be announced on the 5th" and then decide not to announce it. I don't think intense is the answer. I bet gt, and hope for trek.

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
I say GT, Id like to see intense but I think GT.... He seems like a DH not a M9 guy.....
Either way it will be great to see him killing it on any bike and curious to see if he matches the bike any better then he seemed to on Yeti... He rode the yeti well, fit his style...

And Demo9: Definently Mongoose as a contigency offer he has iron horse in hte bag... :thumb:

Dox

Monkey
Aug 26, 2009
Montreal, QC, Canada
Aaron joined the Intense Factory Team in November 2010 after relocating to Temecula, CA, realizing Yeti Cycles really does not support anything except making money for themselves and screwing their loyal customers out of warranty work and real interaction. All signs point to him dominating on an Intense M9 FRO for years to come.
:rofl:

Akula_7

Monkey
Nov 15, 2004

Nico Voullioz won 3 titles as a junior, which you can't do nowadays with the new age rules. Sam Hill would be getting pretty close to Nico's record if he won that race in Val di Sole '08. Good on your son for taking his young career so seriously. He'll learn a lot from his new team mate Gwi....:)

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
I doubt that the intense PR guy will say "rumor is it will be announced on the 5th" and then decide not to announce it. I don't think intense is the answer. I bet gt, and hope for trek.
the sleuthing skills are high with this one

Guarantee that wasn't written by Gwin, Yeti, Intense or anybody else in the know...
are you sure? seems pretty legit to me :)

aaronjb

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2010
Nico Voullioz won 3 titles as a junior, which you can't do nowadays with the new age rules. Sam Hill would be getting pretty close to Nico's record if he won that race in Val di Sole '08. Good on your son for taking his young career so seriously. He'll learn a lot from his new team mate Gwi....:)
For a number of reasons, I don't think we'll see a repeat of what Nico accomplished in what is essentially a new era of downhill. Nico's success was in part due to a consistent application of new technology; the playing field is a bit more level now.

aaronjb

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2010
it was also in part because he was far far better than everyone else.
Absolutely - I don't want to be dismissive of that. I'm just saying that a number of factors played into his dominance, and particularly his run of Worlds wins.

ballr

Monkey
Apr 7, 2002
colorado
Finally back on topic! What's the deal with Neethling? Anyone know why he has left TWR?
Needles wanted to stay with Trek and Trek with him as I'm told. Martin strung him along for a few months until he had positively secured one of the riders he was after (Minnaar, Brendan, Gwin) for TWR. Trek has to have loved Needles marketability, performance, and willingness to work with media. Rumor has it there wasn't room left in the budget for both Needles and some un/necessary transportation purchases.

Here's to hoping Andrew finds a great ride. He's a multi-talented rider, dedicated to his craft, affable, and intelligent. In all, a real asset to anyone who could sign him up.

Dogboy

Turbo Monkey
Apr 12, 2004
Durham, NC
Here's to hoping Andrew finds a great ride. He's a multi-talented rider, dedicated to his craft, affable, and intelligent. In all, a real asset to anyone who could sign him up.
Well said and agreed. Good luck to all involved.