Quantcast

HAB goes funemployed

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
see if you can break 40mph
Seems like that would be super doable down the first rock face if I knew where the trail picked up after. I'm sitting about half way down it, after looking around for a minute

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Is that since the snow? I'm guessing it should be pretty good, but Apex still had a few mud spots on Sunday from the ~6" snow we had on Thursday and GG is higher.
D'oh. Forgot about that!
I'm calling it as good to go anyway, sight unseen. It's been warm and breezy, and it was money before the last storm.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
I've been getting close to suggesting some shuttles, but there's still a ton of snow on Squaw right now that needs to go away.
:shakefist::rant:

now we're cookin' with gas.....
:headbang:

Hmmm... this news disappoints me. Heard any recent news on GGCSP?
It's money.

I'll be there by Sunday for sure, and am up for a healthy sized ride.
See below...

Riding from town yeah? :D
Now that's just mean...

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Pussies.

Wife and I did it from our house, down Apex, up Belcher, ML, Maverick, Mustang, Longhorn and back up Chimney.
I will readily admit that you and your wife are far better at this biking thing that I will ever be. I very much enjoyed @Toshi shuttling me to the top of White Ranch post Mountain Lion. Now that was fun.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Pedaled Ribbon to Free Lunch, back up to all of Eagle Wing, and out. Ankle is kinda sore after 4 straight days riding (I'd managed all of three rides since I broke it before starting this trip) so I called it there. One smaller day seemed okay, I'll go hit the rest in the morning.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
According to the guy at Grassroots, the Strava speed record on Ribbon is 54mph

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I will readily admit that you and your wife are far better at this biking thing that I will ever be. I very much enjoyed @Toshi shuttling me to the top of White Ranch post Mountain Lion. Now that was fun.
We've benefited from Toshi shuttles to the top of White Ranch post ML loop a couple of times :thumb:

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
did you ride Pucker Up after Lunch?
Two Pucker Up laps this morning. That is fun as hell. I want to do another Ribbon lap this afternoon, but I'm gassed. Might save that for the morning before I roll out.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Doing moar planning. Is there anything worth riding that's clear of snow between Golden and Angel Fire?

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Paging @Pesqueeb

Taos would be cool too. And I guess I should take a day off at some point, so I don't die. At 6 days on the bike straight and counting.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Whar u ridin' manana? RFV? Glenwood? Avon? Or still in GJ/Fruita?
Glenwood. In the afternoon, he's still in school. If I'm feeling frisky in the morning I might crank out a Ribbon lap first, I really want to ride that again now that I know where it goes.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Front range peeps: now thinking I'll be there Friday evening or Saturday morning, depending where I decide to camp Friday. Sounds like there's a thing in the works for Sunday?