Quantcast

hardline time

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
given he's been to Fest Series before, can't say i'm too surprised he's nailing the big jumps

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
dude was hitting Megaramp at 10 years old and double backflipped at Audi Nine's at 15. and now in his second Jnr WC DH season is posting FTD @ just 18
I'd say he's the best rider there

Last edited:

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Talking of style n tricks... is Vinny T there? haven't seen him in anyone's footage.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
why is he posting this on instagram? the playback feature sucks. could it be because he's not keen on youtube's monetization policy?

edited to add, maybe I'm just old.

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
He's also in field at the bottom of a Welsh mountain. Where with phone reception a 3min video for Instgram will upload in a minute or so but you could be waiting until next Tuesday for a decent quality Youtube upload to complete

Last edited:

schwaaa31

Turbo Monkey
Jul 30, 2002
Clinton Massachusetts

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Jess Blewitt out with another broken collarbone.

Kerr wins Quali

1st. Bernard Kerr: 2:22.225
2nd. Adam Brayton: 2:25.609
3rd. Jackson Goldstone: 2:27.634

sethimus

neu bizutch
Feb 5, 2006
not in Whistler anymore :/
He's also in field at the bottom of a Welsh mountain. Where with phone reception a 3min video for Instgram will upload in a minute or so but you could be waiting until next Tuesday for a decent quality Youtube upload to complete

i had full 4g up there, and i’m only on sunrise, not swisscom :wave:

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
You're hearing your native language @Westy. 'Bout time you learned it

Last edited:

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
As a spectator, I'm all for huge jumps. As a former racer, I thought they were a bit of a risk. Mainly due to wind, which is out of your control. Never liked the feeling of the wind taking me for a ride.

These guys are pros and know the risks. But still I can't say I agree with the giant ass jumps, I'd prefer more gnar steeps. But I'm just a spectator.

aaronjb

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2010
I feel the same way about rampage.
At least Rampage isn't timed. But after Paul Bas's injury, it lost some lustre to me.

At least riders build and scope their own lines at Rampage.

I'm probably just and Old Man (TM) now, though. I go to Highland and see the kids do the flippy spinnies, or the local teenage racers launch giant rock drops on nearby hills, and realize that bikes in my subconcious mind may still be the 2" travel death machines from the 90s. Riding off a curb could result in death back then.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
As a spectator, I'm all for huge jumps. As a former racer, I thought they were a bit of a risk. Mainly due to wind, which is out of your control. Never liked the feeling of the wind taking me for a ride.

These guys are pros and know the risks. But still I can't say I agree with the giant ass jumps, I'd prefer more gnar steeps. But I'm just a spectator.

I'm guessing there isn't much to differentiate riders speed with those huge jumps, they are pretty much all going the same speed, so it is all just a show and the time is made up elsewhere.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
At least Rampage isn't timed. But after Paul Bas's injury, it lost some lustre to me.

At least riders build and scope their own lines at Rampage.

I'm probably just and Old Man (TM) now, though. I go to Highland and see the kids do the flippy spinnies, or the local teenage racers launch giant rock drops on nearby hills, and realize that bikes in my subconcious mind may still be the 2" travel death machines from the 90s. Riding off a curb could result in death back then.
I dunno. I’m all for “progression”, but I’m a patient man. Let the nut jobs put out clips of their insane-o tricks on their own time. The contest environment certainly speeds things up, but I’d rather not be a part of adding pressure towards a life altering injury TODAY for the sake of making the most of a hyped up event.

Alas, we are not known for our patience, so let the bodies splash!

Kanye West

220# bag of hacktastic
Aug 31, 2006
Yeah we don't really want to watch our buddies die or get maimed for beer money and bro cred. Stopped watching Rampage many years ago. When I see footage of it now it also looks like a BMX course carved into the side of the mountain. Nothing raw or natural about it in recent years. Might as well hold it on any random hillside, preferably one that's a shorter life-flight distance.

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
Hardline this year seems to hit different hey. Maybe I got older or watched too many Friday Fails, but I'm genuinely concerned watching it. I'll try to make sure I get some rums in me before its on to get ride of that concern though.

Seriously though, hope they all get sendy. Well done to them all just for ticking it off.

Bike078

Monkey
Jan 11, 2018
That Vinny T is a mad man. Not really into the whole thing though. I'm just hoping everyone makes it through safely.