Quantcast

hardline time

Kurt_80

Monkey
Jan 25, 2016
Perth, WA.
I thought Rachel was crap, she said Jim got through the rock garden brillant when he nearly came off and almost came to a stand still.

She also just kept plugging her sponsors which was annoying, should have been Rob and Jono.
Kinda agree. As Rob has said, commentating is a real skill, and I don't hold a grudge for her not being as polished as the great man.... what experience has she got?

But using it as a platform to plug your sponsors is over the line and was cheap.

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
That was fun to watch. Glad everyone is still alive! :) Was thinking BK could pull it off. Jackson is freaking fast. That whip/scub off the step up?!?!

I think the course suits smaller fellers and V10s?

Yeah, with Rach, it was like "The Atherton Race - Presented by Redbull". But whatevs. Still entertaining.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
What Red Bull should sponsor is a stunt where two riders on opposite-side courses have a jump in the middle where they cross-over, and each of them takes the other's bike in mid-flight and lands the jump and ends up on the opposite-side course. This should be at least 200' long and 75' in the air. Kind of like dual-slalom, but with way more consequences.

Oh yeah, in this case, they applied for an exemption to legally run the stunt, didn't get it, ran the stunt anyway.

konastab01

Turbo Monkey
Dec 7, 2004
Kinda agree. As Rob has said, commentating is a real skill, and I don't hold a grudge for her not being as polished as the great man.... what experience has she got?

But using it as a platform to plug your sponsors is over the line and was cheap.
I think she used the platform for it, but she should have been told before it that it shouldn’t happen.

I doubt she’ll get asked again after it

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Sure looks like an explosion to me, i don't see how he rode the next day after getting pitched onto his face like that.
Just dumb luck. I have a buddy that landed similar and cracked vertebrae and ribs, in a head/neck brace for months.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Sure looks like an explosion to me, i don't see how he rode the next day after getting pitched onto his face like that.
I remember him or maybe another person, at a recent race, also had a Reynolds wheel collapse on them.

That looks like a high speed, but relatively smoothish, landing. There's no way I would have complete confidence in them after that.

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
I thought Rachel was crap, she said Jim got through the rock garden brillant when he nearly came off and almost came to a stand still.

She also just kept plugging her sponsors which was annoying, should have been Rob and Jono.
At that unearthly hour of the morning they shoulda got Richard and Judy.

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
on her Brothers track, raced on by her brother and his mates on the bikes they've put years into designing to sell? And all run by their family's main drink sponsor?
Be rude not to really.

konastab01

Turbo Monkey
Dec 7, 2004
on her Brothers track, raced on by her brother and his mates on the bikes they've put years into designing to sell? And all run by their family's main drink sponsor?
Be rude not to really.
She didnt half blow hard, Im all for talking yourself up but fuckin give it a rest hen.

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
I only got up early enough to watch Ronan Dunne onwards so have no idea what comments she'd come out with before that. Her chat and voice have never really held my attention so I tend to filter her out. For all I'd care she may as well have just been repeating...

Emma Thomson did quite a good Rachel Atherton impersonation I thought ;)

vivisectxi

Monkey
Jan 14, 2021
yeast van
i actually didn't mind rachael; most of the commentary was on point, seemed to work w/ rob's energy pretty well. like her better than tracey, anyways. le shrug.

jackson, tho. god damn. next season is going to be fire.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Jackson Goldenstones is to Redbull what jesus was to wine. That doesn't make any sense, but neither did any of his race run. Simply :banana:

in related news, I had to look up what the fuck "craic" meant. I'm going to feel really old if @Gary actually knew what it meant :(
it's Irish dialect. I think pretty commonly known to be an Irish expression throughout the UK... you shouldn't be surprised (or feel old) if he does...

Last edited:

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
It's Gaelic.
Irish Gaelic, A language which later came across and infected Scotland. Along with the ginger hair