Quantcast

Help with some burly hardtail pics...

shifty S

Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
NWDC...Asheville
another, i cant seem to stop
built this up at a friends house from parts lying around his basement, including the xt cranks, weighs less than nothing, and is the most working frame (out of no less than 10) in his basement

Attachments

JOhnG

Chimp
Dec 23, 2001
DC
Originally posted by LostBoyScout
that log behind the morphine would be a LOT of fun to ride along. love it!
i've tried it a number of time but for the less trials inclind its hard to get around the nub on the right side of the pic, BTW, that yellow on raw le toy is bithcen

JOhnG

Chimp
Dec 23, 2001
DC
Originally posted by shifty S
ugly johnG and morphine/trixxxy beast sans brakes...laughing because of his own pelvic thrusts in the direction of the camera...he kills himself with jokes like that:p
jack found it funny, guesse your just out side of the inside joke. and get rid of that XC machine

Arutha

Monkey
Nov 26, 2002
Western PA
A few years ago I said I would never buy a hardtail, but damn this thread! You guys are making me spend money. Soon I will be able to put a pic up of my new HT.

Nice bikes!

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
NICE ride. I love the minuteman frames...but wish they came with vertical drops. Love the Shiver, too...that's what's going on my HT when it gets here.

Is there any difference between the Doubletrack and the Intense rim? Welds vs pins, etc? Where can you get doubletracks besides OEM?

C.C.

Chimp
Jul 17, 2002
Richmond, B.C.
Originally posted by MikeD
NICE ride. I love the minuteman frames...but wish they came with vertical drops. Love the Shiver, too...that's what's going on my HT when it gets here.

Is there any difference between the Doubletrack and the Intense rim? Welds vs pins, etc? Where can you get doubletracks besides OEM?
Thanks. It would be nice to have a vertical dropout option. Oh well, I run a bolt on axle so my wheel stays on tightly.

The Shiver runs really well. It's the best single crown fork I've ever ridden. I never thought a fork could make so much difference. It makes the bike feel so nimble and quick.

There are diffs between the Doubletrack and Intense Mag 30. The Doubletrack is a pinned rim where as the Mag30 is a welded rim. In terms of durability, I honestly can't tell the difference.

In Vancouver Canada, DoubleTracks are very common and available as a non OEM part at almost any bike store.

stringcheese

Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
Golden, CO
The most elegant bikes in this thread so far are that independent fabrication one and the blue on one's.

Here's mine that I just finished building last week. I'm very cheap, so I dug up the best deal I could. I got all this brand new for $740.

Attachments

It's a 6" Junior T. I absolutely hated it at first, but it's really grown on me. I have recovered my bunnyhops to their full height and only nosedived off a few drops before I got used to the extra weight. As shown it weighs in at a slightly hefty 34.75 pounds. I had it built with a Manitou Black and some XC tires and it weighed 31.25 pounds, but I quickly lunched the internals on that fork (after one goddamn day of riding I destroyed the dampers so it was just unrestricted motion) and the XC tires had no grip on wallrides, so they had to go. This thing is fantastic! After I got it I cancelled the DH bike I had on order, just because I couldn't see riding it after this. So much fun! It's not really trail-ride-able, but for urban, park, and even some SSHTDH I am very, very happy. Pedal grinds, sprocket stalls, disasters, wallrides, general havoc, this is wonderful.

(full array of pics, most too big or crappy to post here, can be found at http://asteele.no-ip.org/my pictures/2003-01-13)

Jun 11, 2002
UK
Yeah, you should be glad your bike weighs 34.5 with jnrs, I had a 24-7 with 5" jnrs which weighed over 40 and my gimp as it is now weighs around 40.

Unreal

Chimp
Sep 26, 2001
Seattle, WA
This guy’s been great fun lately. It’s a 2002 Gimp that I built up as a shop demo bike. Features a Marzocchi EXR fork, Pig headset, Reetard stem, Goliath bars, ODI grips, Planet X Saddle and post, Veulta V brakes, Jagwire ‘stainless’ cable housings, Planet X singlespeed cassette disk rear hub, Sun Mammoth 26” rims, black doublebutted DT spokes, Tioga 2.3 DH tires, FSA X-drive cranks, FSA Grinder Chainwheel, KMC stainless steel chain, and Atomic chaintugs. Give me a call if you’re in the Seattle area and want to see what she’s all about. $1300 takers her home with ya :-)

Attachments