Quantcast

Help with some burly hardtail pics...

Millar

Chimp
Jul 27, 2004
Hand cut blobs out of masking tape and applied paint with a spray gun in successive layers of colour, masking more blobs between colours. After all the colours were applied, unmask it all and paint over the whole lot with a clearcoat to unify it and protect.

dw

Wiffle Ball ninja
Sep 10, 2001
MV
LeeOz said:
well... she's officially an adult now (she was a teenager on page 165)
I do not race DH with it but I do ride DH. Just tested it at Bromont and Mont St-Anne...
well, MSA was kinda crazy, I gotta say :evil:

That RULES. I love DH on my Imperial. What a blast!

dw

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Mr Tiles said:
couple of weeks, maybe???
I'm going to guess based on the gussets and the made in the USA label that it just might be a Sinister frame - A Sinister Ridge methinks - Did I get it right?

I've never seen one without paint though, but the welds, gussets, and dropouts look very FTW-like.

What say ye Mr. Tiles?

Mtnrider

Monkey
Jul 1, 2001
Littleton, CO
Sven tha Viking said:
looks to be 1.5standard too
It's not 1.5, just oversized to accept headsets like the King Steelset.

It's a Sinister DNA, I know because I have one! I posted it on this thead a while back.

Nice bike!

Did you go with the built kit from Sinister or your own parts?

I went with the DNA Team, I love mine but I would like to lighten it up a little, at 37lbs it's a bit porky!

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
It ain't much, But right now its all I got. There will be a dj III on there in about a week, my exr crapped out on me so im upgrading :thumb:
The reason for no seat or pedals is my seatpost broke and im not real sure why my pedals arent on.........

Mr Tiles

I'm a beer snob
Nov 10, 2003
L-town ya'll
Mtnrider said:
It's not 1.5, just oversized to accept headsets like the King Steelset.

It's a Sinister DNA, I know because I have one! I posted it on this thead a while back.

Nice bike!

Did you go with the built kit from Sinister or your own parts?

I went with the DNA Team, I love mine but I would like to lighten it up a little, at 37lbs it's a bit porky!
It is a ridge. sorry for the long delay in response to questions. I am building it piece by piece as I have done for a long time know. It is so much more fun to build up a frame with various parts both new and used. Some of the parts I have are obscure but I like them, namely an old school sram eight speed rear shifter. I should have it built up as soon as a I receive a wheelset from fellow monkey KL. I totally can't wait to get it done! Will post pics upon completion.

b-man

Chimp
May 25, 2002
ct
I can finally join in this thread with a contribution of my own!

It's not DC burly, but its still a pretty tough ride. Here she is:

Lefty

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Megan calls me a babe.
b-man said:
I can finally join in this thread with a contribution of my own!

It's not DC burly, but its still a pretty tough ride. Here she is:

A friend/bikemate of mine, has almost the same bike, like you do.[/QUOTE=b-man]

Photo courtesy of Dave.mtbfreak. But he is gonna put another fork init, is now a wedge , but he bottoms much to fast. With already the heaviest springs in it. And heavier oil. And he only weighs 140 lbs.

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
Updated my hardtail... yeah the boxxer is a bit much, but it handles great and that thing rocked on both the climbs and the DH last weekend!!!

ZJChaser

Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
Orange County, CA
well Ijust swapped a Super T onto my bullit in place of the 00' Z1 dropoff QR20 that was on it and decided to keep the fork for a future hardtail. The bullit is going more and more towards DH and I want something lighter and fun to play on.
I was thinking a soul cycle frame probably. great bikes in this thread. can't wait unti l I can build mine. won't be for a while.

k9handler

Monkey
Aug 19, 2004
Fort Collins, CO
Started with Marzo Jr T and some doublewide wheels (26 2.5 front and 24 2.7 back). The ride is more like a DH bike now just missing the travel in the rear, even then the bike is much more solid down the rough bits and tracks very straight! :)