Quantcast

Help with some burly hardtail pics...

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Originally posted by the BIG cheese
even though there isnt top of the line everything on it.
pretty close though right? what are you referring to?

the BIG cheese

The STUFF
Feb 26, 2002
stick red
Originally posted by dump
pretty close though right? what are you referring to?
sorry if it came off the wrong way:stickfootinmouth: i was trying to say that you dont have to drop a ton of coin on part spec to have a nice bike, thats all. let me ask you, its that saddle comfortable? i have one of thier saddels on my road bike and it feels like a 2x4

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Originally posted by the BIG cheese
sorry if it came off the wrong way:stickfootinmouth: i was trying to say that you dont have to drop a ton of coin on part spec to have a nice bike, thats all. let me ask you, its that saddle comfortable? i have one of thier saddels on my road bike and it feels like a 2x4
actually, to spec. this bike out as it is right now wouldn't be what i'd call a ton of coin, but not so cheap either :( i got it used, so i got a break there... new this would run over 2g easy (i think)

2mx medium
thompson elite post
fox forx rl
hope mini, gothic rotors
easton ea70 bar
easton mg60 setm 70mm
chris king steelset
hope bulbs
singletrack rear rim
tioga dh front rim
maxxis dh treads
e13 guide
truvativ hussefelt cranks
xt rear deraileur & shifter 9spd
sunrace cassette
salsa seat binder
salsa skewers
fizik nisene saddle, ti rails

anyway, i'm very happy w/ it.

as far as the seat goes, i love it for xc where my full weight isn't on the saddle, but for this application it's a little harsh, although the ti rails do have some give to them... in truth, i've only run the seat on it for one ride 3 hrs... and i was ok afterwards.

that seat's on this bike because the one that came with it was far too long & didn't let me x-up the bars.

- dump

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Originally posted by amateur
dump...whats with the white maxxis? looks good, photoshopped, no?
it's not white... the frame's white & the orange/red of the maxxis stripe comes out light like this in the b/w shot because this bw was created heavily from the red color channel (of the 3 RGB channels).. it was created in photoshop but essentially has the same effect as shooting this scene in BW with a red filter.

as a reference, the light parts on the seat are also red and they come out as a light grey much like the tires... the tires appear lighter because they're set against the black rubber.

so if when you asked if it was photoshop - yes... but i didn't manually select the areas of the tire & brigten them, only used the red color channel as a greyscale (more or less)

- dump.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Originally posted by amateur
yeah, i thought the orange would turn out more grey???
yeah, it would & it looks boring & bad imo. i like the way it looks w/ the filter.

- dump

IKE

Chimp
Jun 17, 2002
dump- VERY nice looking bike. excellent job with the lighting too!

heres mine all cleaned up..:D

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
are you running that as a dedicated SS? if so, why not try to lose the derailleur? what's the CS length on it?

(sweet, by the way)

IKE

Chimp
Jun 17, 2002
Originally posted by the Inbred
are you running that as a dedicated SS? if so, why not try to lose the derailleur? what's the CS length on it?

(sweet, by the way)
yeah- it doesnt have horizontal drop outs though so that was my temporary fix.. you have any ideas without me spending a fortune?

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
yeah, i'm working on it, assuming your CS are 16.5 like the Ellsworth site says, unless you got the trials/15.75" stays...

htrdoug

Chimp
Nov 25, 2001
So.Indiana
Originally posted by BAH
yeah- it doesnt have horizontal drop outs though so that was my temporary fix.. you have any ideas without me spending a fortune?
This is a calculator for possible combinations for single speed w/verticle dropouts,but for my chute it didn't quite work,If I had access to lots of chainrings and cassettes I'd experiment,but instead I just made my own tensioner outa an old cantilever brake arm.

http://www.peak.org/~fixin/fmu1.0_big.html

I don't know wtf I'm doin' wrong,just type in the link

CTR

Chimp
Sep 1, 2002
Australia
haha grimm, i ment the overall build up and parts, compared to some of the bikes such as le toys with monsters it's not super burly.

grimm

Monkey
Jan 12, 2002
Sweden
Originally posted by CTR
haha grimm, i ment the overall build up and parts, compared to some of the bikes such as le toys with monsters it's not super burly.
le toy's with monsters arnt only super burly, they are also super stupid ;)

Nd4spd

Chimp
Jun 9, 2002
If it's rideable, i'm on it
Originally posted by PoweredByMt.Dew
Since this is a post all about hardtails, i thought id ask about the Planet-X JackFlash RAD, anyone ridden one? pros, cons?
Hey PBMT what would you like to know just the pros/cons or that anything else:D I have a RAD,actually Arcadian's DS frame from last year and am still tweaking the build on it but i likey:cool: