Quantcast

Help with some burly hardtail pics...

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
you can see RICHI on that last pic (downtube). searched on google and came up with a German company. no website to be found, though.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
May I present my new Cortina Triton DS 4130 hardtail, all built finally. It's got a sweet raw/beadblasted steel finish, ghetto front derailleur stop (cortina forgot to give me one on the DT, but I have a clamp-on thingie coming), and is nearly clean of stickers... sorry Cortina, but they were heinous. Had to go.

MikeD

Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Don't think there will be too many problems with a 4130 HT and a steelset in the future...

MikeD

Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
And here's my homage to the Cortinas on the non-drive side...my spraypaint and stencil idea brought to ugly fruition.

Thylacine

Monkey
May 9, 2002
Steve Irwins Bungalow
g-uh EH toe shEE Kuh

Nice work on the decals Mikey. Not enough hose clamps or gaffer tape though for my likings. Maybe if you just attach some randomly somewhere? Maybe some faux bloodstains? *thumbs up*

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Originally posted by MikeD
May I present my new Cortina Triton DS 4130 hardtail, all built finally. It's got a sweet raw/beadblasted steel finish, ghetto front derailleur stop (cortina forgot to give me one on the DT, but I have a clamp-on thingie coming), and is nearly clean of stickers... sorry Cortina, but they were heinous. Had to go.
hehe - nice.
your hts always seem to look funny to me w/ the pointed down seat

MikeD

Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Yeah, it looks funny to me in the pic, too...I generally set it flat when it's at full extension (Yup, I'm a weenie with a front derailleur) and I guess it just does that naturally when it's down... but it didn't look *quite* so wierd in real life.

MD

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Yeah, it looks funny to me in the pic, too...I generally set it flat when it's at full extension (Yup, I'm a weenie with a front derailleur) and I guess it just does that naturally when it's down... but it didn't look *quite* so wierd in real life.

MD
ya i gotcha - i think we're just so used to seeing seats low & level or tilted up/back a bit... i have mine tilted back a bit because that's most comfortable for the position of my body when i'm seated... my weight is usually back & the seat is way low & out of the way.

are you giving the 4130 a whirl over the bmxtb or did you want to try something a little more xcish (??) or ...?

- dump

MikeD

Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
No, the BMXtb got mis-aligned by US Air in transit...rear end got kinda squished. Was originally told it was irreparable and I sure couldn't afford another BMXtb...then it turned out Frank the Welder could fix it [easily], which I had him do for about $50. Now i have 2 frames...gonna try this for a while and see how I like it, sell one sometime down the road.

MD

dromond

Monkey
Aug 20, 2002
Northampton, MA
Sweet. Although your TT looks more sloped than mine, something tell me that the Shiver SC is a long fork. Hope you enjoy it :)

R

Rabie

A little closer now...
The stencil job looks cool, but it clashes with the text on the top tube. I'd either redo it to match, or remove it altogether. And your seat is jacked.

Hope the bike works out for you.

MikeD

Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Dude, your fork is going the wrong way...I'd talk to manitou warranty!!

Seriously, nice ride...what's your impression of the Dorado so far?? (you might check to make sure it's properly lubed, too, as per our other thread, just in case...)

MD

MisterMental

Monkey
Jul 26, 2002
UK
yeah its nice
well stiff super smooth and more controlled than teh shiver
theres tonnes of grease n **** coming out teh seals atm? and they fell pretty slow compared to the shiver
they feel quite oversprung too even with teh soft spring

MikeD

Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Yeah, mine feel pretty stiff even with a soft spring, too.

There should be some oil on the legs; grease might indicate yours wasn't properly lubed at the facotry (I heard rumors some shipped with grease instead of oil).

MD

MisterMental

Monkey
Jul 26, 2002
UK
right
it isnt oil as such more like thin grease
there are oil rings on teh stanchions too but its getting less, i think its cause their just bedding in,
also their getitng faster the more i use them so they could just be freeing up

Jun 11, 2002
UK
Hmm... it is my birthday soon, may as well treat myself! I've been meaning to get a blue clamp for a while, a long with blue blanker bolts for my z1s but that plans gone out the window!