Quantcast

Help with some burly hardtail pics...

htrdoug

Chimp
Nov 25, 2001
So.Indiana
Originally posted by Nd4spd
:thumb:

Friggin Pic won't work with Starphoto:angry: Anyways it's the new Cowan frame;) Now how to build it

Quick question,how much adjustment at the rear dropouts does it have? If you could measure the minimum and maximum chainstay lengths I'd appreciate it! Kona's website just lists them as the same as the other hardtails,16.7 inches

thanks,
Doug

Colin

Monkey
Nov 5, 2001
in my tiny apartment
Originally posted by htrdoug
Quick question,how much adjustment at the rear dropouts does it have? If you could measure the minimum and maximum chainstay lengths I'd appreciate it! Kona's website just lists them as the same as the other hardtails,16.7 inches

thanks,
Doug
I called Kona about this. They told me the shortest position is 16.7" with around 10mm of adjustment. Not exactly what I wanted to hear -- I was hoping the 16.7" measurement was somewhere in the middle.

htrdoug

Chimp
Nov 25, 2001
So.Indiana
Originally posted by Colin
I called Kona about this. They told me the shortest position is 16.7" with around 10mm of adjustment. Not exactly what I wanted to hear -- I was hoping the 16.7" measurement was somewhere in the middle.

Boo,Keepin' my Chute then!

But, Kona has trouble with measurements,my Chute is 1/4 inch longer in the toptube and way slacker headtube(like 3 degrees)
and my Dawg is only 14 inches at the seattube,not 15,so,let's actually measure one to see.

Anders

Monkey
Mar 5, 2002
Carlsbad, CA, USA
Originally posted by Jozz
Yeah, but are you running the disc adapter?

Mine is a 2002, the disc tab is on the adapter.

Post some pics!
haha, finally dragged my bike outside

01 santa cruz chameleon
00 z1 dropoff set @ 4"
profile ss cranks
ditch witch/mammoth wheels
old style michie dh tires (notice the treads, or lack there of)
just got a new headset, pig dh. awesome

yay my bike!

note the massive tire clearance :p

monkeyboy424

Turbo Monkey
Mar 19, 2002
Place
Originally posted by Nd4spd
:thumb:

Friggin Pic won't work with Starphoto:angry: Anyways it's the new Cowan frame;) Now how to build it
HOLY GOD another new bike??!??!?! are you a drug dealer?;)

:D

build it up with stuff that wont break.

Nd4spd

Chimp
Jun 9, 2002
If it's rideable, i'm on it
Sorry guys been gone for awhile.Have to do that when you are seeling the good stuff Monkey Boy;) :D

Anyways the measurements that i have are from 16.5 on the short end to 17.5 on the long end center BB to dropout.Remember though that is my measurement as i see if if that make any sense:) BTW Doug i still kept my '02 Chute frame as well:thumb: just in case:D

Nd4spd

Chimp
Jun 9, 2002
If it's rideable, i'm on it
Yup that's the 15.5 as they call it;) TT is 23.3 is what they are calling it.Will get a pic up soon of it all built up as soon as i have some time here:D :thumb:

There's the pic it's crappy though because of the bad light in the basement.Will get a better shot up later.The Evil bash guard has been replaced with a K-nine bash ring.The K nine is smaller and looks better:thumb:

BIGHIT756

Monkey
Jan 6, 2004
Maple Valley, Washington
THESE HARDTAILS ALL ROCK! does a hardtail with a triple clamp fork follow a dual suspension bike off the same big drops and stunts or can you go that big with these bikes? let me know...they are still really cool.

Wingnut

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2003
Sorry, I'm Canadian ..sorry...
Originally posted by BIGHIT756
THESE HARDTAILS ALL ROCK! does a hardtail with a triple clamp fork follow a dual suspension bike off the same big drops and stunts or can you go that big with these bikes? let me know...they are still really cool.
I'd say not quite the same stuff, but you can go really big with some of these hardtails. If you can find any info on Russ Morrell, he has been riding a Balfa Hardtail, and didi try to compete in the RedBull Rampage last year. There is some footage of him hitting a huge drop, followed by another on the hardtail. They say it was 30feet or so, and it looks sooo smooth!!!

BIGHIT756

Monkey
Jan 6, 2004
Maple Valley, Washington
I'd say not quite the same stuff, but you can go really big with some of these hardtails. If you can find any info on Russ Morrell, he has been riding a Balfa Hardtail, and didi try to compete in the RedBull Rampage last year. There is some footage of him hitting a huge drop, followed by another on the hardtail. They say it was 30feet or so, and it looks sooo smooth!!!

wow, i can't even imagine a 30 foot drop on a hardtail. seems like it would be painful, but i guess if you do it right it might not be. thats some crazy stuff though. the red bull rampage is insain with full suspension bikes-but a hardtail!?

Metal

President of FRONJ
Oct 17, 2001
Orange County, CA
Originally posted by Ozzer
this is for eigil.
batavus baclava
Do you run your seat like that to make Urban tricks like barspinners and Ex-ups easier to acomplish. I do in on my DH bike because I like to use my knees to lean the bike over and I like to press against the larger part of the saddle. People make fun of me though.