Quantcast

Here it is, the Reddish Knob trip on the 4th

wood-dog

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
the mid-west armpit!
wannabeabonedoc said:
Oh crap tattooo. That sucks. I hope you get it all figured out.

ALSO- I'm currently battling uphill against a cold. If saturday comes and i still feel like crap, I'm still coming, but will probably end up not riding, meaning I'll drive the shuttles. I still wanna ride but if it comes down to it, I dont mind driving the shuttle.:wonky2: :looney: :wonky2: :wonky2: :looney: :looney:
IF that is the case and at some point you decide that you would like to take a run down, you are still welcome to my vpfree

BussaFrame

Monkey
Apr 19, 2005
Hey guys, i'm coming down with something so I'm going to skip out on this weeks ride. I'll look you guys up next time I'm in the valley.

wannabeabonedoc

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Wytheville Virginia
Apparently Mud'n'sweat's drink order came through b/c Im feeling a lot better. jdschall, next time around be sure and join us. If this goes well this weekend, we should start planning a shuttle trip for the Sherando trails. And then a snowshoe trip, then......THE WORLD!!!

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
wannabeabonedoc said:
jdschall, next time around be sure and join us. If this goes well this weekend, we should start planning a shuttle trip for the Sherando trails. And then a snowshoe trip, then......THE WORLD!!!
Yeah, Hburg is a little far for a day trip for me. I'd like to camp out near the North River and make a nice long weekend out of it. You know bike, beer, fire and all that good stuff. Make it really worth the drive.

mud'n'sweat

Falcon
Feb 12, 2006
It's going to be a blast!

I just check H'burgs weather for Saturday and it says mostly sunny and in the high 40's. Please plan on the temp. and the top to be about 10 degrees cooler. Bring a few layers and something to carry your layers in when we get to warmers elevations. Also, BRING SPARE TUBES! I've got levers and a pump I always carry, but you'll need tubes for sure.

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
One out of two miracles is a good thing.

However, finding a rear shock for a Demo on a Friday in Norfolk is kinda like finding a virgin on prom night who likes anal, it just doesn't happen very often.

Have fun guys, I am here for the weekend playing mechanic it appears.

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
Tattooo said:
One out of two miracles is a good thing.

However, finding a rear shock for a Demo on a Friday in Norfolk is kinda like finding a virgin on prom night who likes anal, it just doesn't happen very often.

Have fun guys, I am here for the weekend playing mechanic it appears.
What is the I to I you require? I may have a loaner shock if it will fit...

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
Don't worry about it, I had a loaner, but I needed to up the spring weight so much I was kinda worried, so now the bike is in pieces in the garage.

I'll catch y'all next time

wannabeabonedoc

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Wytheville Virginia
Bearmtnpicnic, this one's for you. I found out where people are getting their pickyness from about grammar.

Also, monkeys on here are awesome. People willing to loan out a shock when someone's in need. That rocks! You guys are such great e-friends.

mud'n'sweat

Falcon
Feb 12, 2006
They are dropping like flies!

Seriously, Tattoo, pick up a shock in richmond and get your ass over here! I was counting on you for a good portion of the days humor, you crack more than a few of us up on here all the time. We will have a freakin' blast man! :cool:

wood-dog

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
the mid-west armpit!
ok fellas, time for a roll call for the ride tomorrow. Unfortunately, we have lost Bussaframe, Dartman, Tattooo, and possibly Castle. So at his point if the remaining riders could give me a yay or nay for tomorrow.
I know I am a big fat YAY!

wannabeabonedoc

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Wytheville Virginia
I'm in fer shizzle. Castle's out. The exit is number 240 off of 81. Park and ride is on the west side of the interstate meaning if you are coming from the north, get off and turn right. Coming from the south, get off and turn left. See ya'll tomorrow at 9:30 AM. I vote we meet there then, and leave by 9:40. Anyone later can suck it up.

wood-dog

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
the mid-west armpit!
Metal, contact mud'n'sweat for that info.. infact, PM sent

And to Ralphie and Dennis, thanks guys for offering up your shock to help out Tattooo. He will be missed on this trip as will the 2 of you goofy guys. :wave:

wood-dog

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
the mid-west armpit!
denjen said:
Have a great time tomorow. Wish I was going.

I wish you were going too! I am going to feel kinda naked without you and Ralphie there to keep me in stitches. However, I do promise to take pics so you can see what a great time you missed out on!:cool:

There will be another trip..... just think, Snowshoe!:love: :love:

mud'n'sweat

Falcon
Feb 12, 2006
Oh, and bonedoc is exactly correct on the exit. It's right next to the interstate, so if you go more than a couple hundred yards, you've gone too far.

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
I would love to take the offer, but it just isn't going to happen on this adventure. The bike is still in pieces, its 2 in tha am, and I am slightly **** faced.

Thanks guys, I appreciate the offers of help. Good folk here in VA.

wannabeabonedoc

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Wytheville Virginia
Man, that trail was a blast. MetalMTB, it was good to meet you. Hopefully I'll see you up at the massanutten race and maybe snowshoe. I broke the seat off my seatpost and straight into my groin. It hurt. A lot. Other than that, it was awesome. The best part, was the super difficult shuttle road to the top. IT WAS PAVED. Whoever said it would be tough is full of crap.

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
wannabeabonedoc said:
Man, that trail was a blast. MetalMTB, it was good to meet you. Hopefully I'll see you up at the massanutten race and maybe snowshoe. I broke the seat off my seatpost and straight into my groin. It hurt. A lot. Other than that, it was awesome. The best part, was the super difficult shuttle road to the top. IT WAS PAVED. Whoever said it would be tough is full of crap.
Oh yeah! BITE ME!!! LOL!!! Last week was f*cking brutal!!!

BUT! while you were out breaking stuff, my Works 888 came and I ordered my Avid Juicy 7's...so :p

:D

glad everyone is ok and had fun!!!! :thumb:

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
wannabeabonedoc said:
Yeah, how did the yardwork go? Enjoy that fork. I rode corby's Mountaincycle 9.5 with the 888rcx2. Friggin awesome.

He ACTUALLY showed up? no kidding? damn! :p

oh yeah...yardwork sucked, but got fork and ordered my new brakes....all in all....decent day....

How is old Coob anyway?

BUCKET

Monkey
Apr 30, 2004
Rocktown, VA
metalMTB said:
hey i'm back and i'm tired as crap. There will be tons of pics for you guys and yes it was fun BUCKET.

Glad you enjoyed it. :thumb: Was it 9 miles of pure downhill; 10 minutes from your car? Was it epic? How many male asscrack pics did you get?