Quantcast

Hobby Park race

Mikedsx

Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
NC
that looks like I had an ant invasion. I'll def. make em bigger.

here's the best i can do for you for now. they pretty much just turned into mush with everyone plowing through them. maybe mike's gonna make 'em bigger? mike?

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
Putting the new bike together tonight. I will see you guys out there Sunday. What is the time frame for everything to start? Will there be some nice prictice time in the morning for us that is making it for only one day?

Cecil

Castle

Turbo Monkey
Jun 10, 2002
VA
you need gears to race? if so, do you think there might be time to just ride after the race or something?

track looks great guys! good work!

Mikedsx

Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
NC
Well sheet far! the fair is in town. don't know if that is it or not. Try holiday inn express(Peters creek Pkwy) or the Hampton inn on stratford. there is a Super 8 in Clemmons(10mins away). Practice is from 8-11 on Sunday. Oh yeah and it's Wake Forest's homecoming.

Mikedsx

Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
NC
We'll work out something for the guys w/ singlespeeds. I think the Norba rule was originally so bmx bikes couldn't compete, but I'll double check. We def. want everyone to race.

you need gears to race? if so, do you think there might be time to just ride after the race or something?

track looks great guys! good work!

Peete

Turbo Monkey
May 5, 2002
just south of the ATL
Well sheet far! the fair is in town. don't know if that is it or not. Try holiday inn express(Peters creek Pkwy) or the Hampton inn on stratford. there is a Super 8 in Clemmons(10mins away). Practice is from 8-11 on Sunday. Oh yeah and it's Wake Forest's homecoming.

OK cancel the panic attack. Daddy found one.

Metal Dude

Turbo Monkey
Apr 7, 2006
Smackdonough, GA
Hey watch it pete! I miss freakynick, oh dang it, wrong forum again.
no joke I was a bike courier when freknik was in town it was insane
never saw sooo much booty, and never saw so many guys following
it with video cameras. I laid outa work the following year then
they canceled it in ATL and took it to Daytona?
white kids could never get away with such antics, well
maybe in panama city when I was in HS back in 88'
you could get in clubs back then with no ID and a peach fuzz mustache

Mikedsx

Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
NC
wallride is up. I have support kind of ghettoed(w/a pallet til I can get back out Fri morning) It is very sturdy but risk temptation to hit the top until I get the proper support put up. It should be fine to hit at least half way up. I could barely hit it, I typically wallride the other direction. But this was the best place to put it. The gate is functional but I haven't decided how to raise and drop it yet.

Mikedsx

Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
NC
i hear gravity works pretty well :biggrin: :banana:

also, registration times? online flyer?
Hey you can register at the shop thru Friday and get the early registration discount. I think I have the gate working fine(gravity and all) but I need a way to latch it and release unless I just have someone hold and drop it.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
SON OF A B!TCH!!!! Noah and I won't be at the race.
my granfather-in-law just passed away and the funeral is on saturday....IN FLORIDA. i wanted to drive back sat after the funeral but my wife wants to stay in FL for a few days.

I'M SO FRIGGIN PISSED RIGHT NOW! WHY CAN'T THEY HAVE THE FUNERAL ON MONDAY TO ACCOMODATE THE 4-5 FAMILIES COMING FROM OUT OF STATE!!

AAARRRRRRGGGGHHH!

dirtydirtysouf

Deletated
May 23, 2006
the ghetto of winston-salem, nc
my granfather-in-law just passed away and the funeral is on saturday....IN FLORIDA. i wanted to drive back sat after the funeral but my wife wants to stay in FL for a few days.

I'M SO FRIGGIN PISSED RIGHT NOW! WHY CAN'T THEY HAVE THE FUNERAL ON MONDAY TO ACCOMODATE THE 4-5 FAMILIES COMING FROM OUT OF STATE!!

AAARRRRRRGGGGHHH!
damn sorry to hear that.........hope you dont get sick (cough, cough) before your trip:brows:

untitledsince89

Turbo Monkey
Nov 11, 2005
Winston-Salem NC

AAARRRRRRGGGGHHH!
dude that really reallyyy sucks:disgust:
man I know noah was really looking forward to it
you NEED to come back for him

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina

AAARRRRRRGGGGHHH!
Sorry to hear the bad news man. I am not going to be able to make it ether now. I was hoping to see all the OLD School Guys!!!!

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
i've been accused of being selfish for wanting to get back so soon. i guess she's right but noah's going to be crushed to know that 1.) his great granfather just died, 2.) he won't be racing the event he looks forward too all year.

i wish drk mountain would have that fall race we were talking about.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
i've been accused of being selfish for wanting to get back so soon. i guess she's right but noah's going to be crushed to know that 1.) his great granfather just died, 2.) he won't be racing the event he looks forward too all year.

i wish drk mountain would have that fall race we were talking about.
Mountain biking guy getting accused of being selfish??? Never...

But in all honesty...I say Noah is the lever that can move the earth. Whichever one he wants worse...nothing like a guilt trip from a kid with dreams....

Mikedsx

Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
NC
I'll see if our guy can put it on paulsracing.com . Check tomorrow after lunch. If not use the standard Norba/Usa cycling one.