Quantcast

Hope Mono M4 Disc Brake Giveaway

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iiro

Chimp
Apr 14, 2003
I live in Espoo, Southern Finland. It's pretty flat around here, the nearest lift-assisted biking is ~1h away, on a hill with elevation drop of about 100m. That kinda sucks. Anyway, few good dirt jump spots and lots of xc-trails compensate the lack of mountains a bit.

D

dwnwrd

I live in Davis, CA. Although it's not a hip urban area, I'm getting old and I like the relaxed and bike friendly atmosphere. Riding to work on nice wide bike lanes is great. I'd like Davis even more if I was cruising it with some kickin' Hope stoppers.

cali4niabiker

Monkey
Jun 29, 2004
ATLANTA, GA
irvine, calif. The upside: loving every millisecond of it, great biking, the beach, lots of hooters, decent ski resorts nearby, the weather... what could you ask for? :D The downside: too much development, Irvine Co owns everybody, and lots of noisy & bitchy neighbors... :rolleyes:

About the hope M4s... boy these are the sexiest brakes ever, man! :drool:

Bikerpunk241

Monkey
Sep 28, 2001
Ok, I'm from Boulder, CO and I like it here a lot with one exception, all of out local DH trails are getting shut down for many reasons. The up side is that there are a lot of cool spots to ride within a half-hours drive. I've been all over the country, and there are a lot of beautiful places, but Boulder has an appeal to me that no oter place has matched (perhaps that I've lived here from day one of my life).

Thanks for the awesome give away and good luck to all who enter.

BRacing

Monkey
Feb 3, 2003
NorCal
My name is Brad, from Napa Valley, and I'm a recovering crash-a-holic. Not only am I blessed with beautiful vineyards out my windows, but several trails among the hills. I'm riding distance to my local trails, and in under 3 hours drive I can be anywhere in the Bay Area, Sacramento or Tahoe.

With these brakes i can effectively slow down from my blistering pace to avoid the big drops, large rocks, and small children.

And those brakes would look way better in this pic than the Hayes...

Attachments

joelsman

Turbo Monkey
Feb 1, 2002
B'ham
I live in bellingham Washington, I like this city because it has everything you need but is not too big. The riding is pretty good, lots of xc riding, a freeride trail or 2. North shore is an hour away and whistler is about 3hrs. :thumb:

mplutodh1

Monkey
Nov 27, 2002
Sammamish, WA
I'm from Woodinville, WA, now living in Bellingham, WA... as for Woodinville, well its a yuppy town, didnt use to be when I was growing up but it has gradually become much worse. All the friggin "new rich" live here now and everyone is in such a hurry, part of why I like Bellingham so much, people are more relaxed up there. I like Woodinville a lot more than the South Bend, Indiana. I had the unfortunate opportunity to live there when I was 13 and hated every minute of it, corn fields for as far as you could see and not a mountain in sight.. since then I have realized I need mtns to survive.

Revolver

Chimp
Sep 16, 2003
Orlando, FL
I'm from Orlando, Fl and now live in Bellingham, WA. Bellingham has mountains, good food, good fish, clean air, cycling and Canada as close neighboors. Sooner or later more Californians will buy up the town and it will suck but for now it's good.
It does rain a lot and you have to adapt. People usually come and go because of this.

Orlando was hot, humid, flat and sandy...not cool. Plus crocs can't ride.

ChrisKring

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Grand Haven, MI
I'm from Grand Haven, MI. It's an ok place to live for a DH rider. Basically, we drive 8-10 hours to ride out east. We have a few really good local DH trails but they are not huge.

The upside is that there are a ton of places to ride XC. The other upside is that I live 5 minutes from Lake Michigan and one of the best beaches in the world. If I had a Gulfstream5, it would be the perfect place to live. :cool:

bomberz1qr20

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
I live in Oakland CA, on the border of Berkeley and Emeryville.

There are some good local trails, and more importantly, excellent coffee.

ChrisNJ

Chimp
Feb 26, 2003
jersey
I live in Cranford NJ, which is far from an elite mtb area, although we do have our fair share of fun trails. Watchung reservation, which was the closest to cranford was shut down to mtb's probably 10 years ago now, so we are forced to travel usually 45 minutes to the nearest mtb area. Other then that, we're 20 mins from the greatest city in the world, nyc :) Another upside to cranford is its general central location. 45 minutes to the jersey shore, 20 to nyc, 45 mins to ski resorts, and about the same to decent mtb'ing :) Cranford bike shop has a good road team as well, so there is a great scene in the town among riders.

Repack

Turbo Monkey
Nov 29, 2001
Boston Area
I live in Wnchester, MA. I live 1/2 mile from some of the sickest singletrack anywhere, but the majority of it has been closed thanks to the efforts of Trail Nazi's and one very irresponsible mtb club. I like the town, but can't wait to move out of my parents house.

Knuckleslammer

took the red pill
Yo, I need those brakes for my BMW FQ. Really. I live in Worcester, MA.
I love Worcester. Urban riding around here is cool. Colleges and whatnot. I hate Massachusetts. It's the most miserable state there is. Weather sucks (5 weeks of Summer and then sh*t the rest of the year)
I really need those brakes. Plus, I never won anything in my life.

Knuckle

MtnbikeMike

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2004
The 909
I live in La Verne, CA. It's cool, I live in a place where I can pedal out my door and, depending which direction I go, I can be at three different trails within five minutes. There are places to XC, DH, or some mountain roads to do some road riding. The air sucks (LA County), and I AM in the infamous 909, but I don't mind too much. :thumb:

Ian F

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
Philadelphia area
I am currently living with my girlfriend in Plainsboro, NJ. I like it here for the most part.

Sweet road riding around around. Easy flats - go East. Some hills - go West.

Not so great for mtn biking as anything good is well over an hour's drive.

FR007

Chimp
Mar 6, 2004
Greensburg, Pennsylvania
I was born in Michigan and moved to Pennsylvania. I live about two hours from Snowshoe, WV. Yup. I have been riding a bike since I was 3. What can I say, I LOVE IT.

These brakes are amazing. I have to say that HOpe brakes are #1. I have tried bikes with the mono mini and the mono ti 6 and they feel so good. These brakes are the ones I want for my next bike. Wow, they are amazing. and did I mention they look so sexy!

Dontblink

Chimp
Apr 11, 2002
Houston
I'm live in Alvin. It's small town just south of Houston. I work in Houston just a few miles from Memorial Park, so I get to ride after work. No doubt, it gets hot here, but you really do get used to it. Thanks for the contest!

DHJay

Chimp
Apr 25, 2002
Bronx
Well, I live in a decent area in the Boogie Down Bronx. I lived in the Bronx for most of my life. Living in NYC is great. Aside from being in a large city you have Plattikill up north (2.5hrs) and Mountain Creek (1hr) out west. And that's only the mountains with chairlifts.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
I live in Los Angeles (West Hollywood to be exact). There are plenty of good trails in the Santa Monica Mountains off of Sunset and Simi Valley. Sullivan Canyon is one of my favorite cross country rides. Plenty of time spent at the local dirt jumps (the Whoops) and Some DH trails of questionable legality in Simi Valley. Big Bear is 2 hours away. The airport is close by for the all important trips to Canada.

Other than that, there is plent of everything here: night clubs, metal concerts, movies (both being made and being watched), museums, the list goes on.

Hope I win me some brakes.

paranoid56

Monkey
May 23, 2004
San Diego, CA
well, i am from Santa Barbara, CA been there for about 22years from elementary to highschool and some colege :D
i have loved the town and most of the people, almost every thing you need there. but then i was druged down to san diego by my now ex, and hate it down here :D
Shane

KPicha

Velma
Aug 3, 2002
Northern, VA
I live in Fairfax, VA right now but wouldn't say I'm from here. My Dad was in the Air Force so we moved around quite a bit until he retired here in 1980. Hmm, going on 24 years - time to GET OUT! Traffic sucks, gloomy winters suck but at least the riding is good and the school system is good. :)

Bldr_DH

Monkey
Aug 8, 2003
NO BO CO
I live in Boulder, Colorado. Boulder rocks to no extent seeing as there are plenty of places to ride as well as an extremely supportive youth cycling team. There are probably five different dirt jump spots within half an hour of the center of town, the university, which offers huge potential for urban riding, as well as a bunch of trails; most of which could be a bit better, but who can complain about being on a bike. The weather has its extremes, but most people aren't bothered by it. Skiing/boarding/riding (ski bike/normal bike) in the winter, biking in the summer, it's hard to find a better place in Colorado in proximity to just about everything you need.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Memphis, TN. It is ok here but I want to leave. The trails are flat but it is a cheap place to live so road trips are easy.

Aug 9, 2001
Australia/Minnesota
I'm from just north of Sydney Austrlia but I have been living in Minneapolis for the last 4 years. When I left Australia the riding in my area was very poor. There was no such thing as maintained or dedicated single track just motorbike trails and old 4x4 trails. Still a challenge but its nothing like flowing down a real mtb single track. So I like it here as there is dedicated single track that is maintained by volunteers. There is a real mix of trails within riding distance or 2 hours by car from me. It may not be Colorado or Utah or anywhere famous for riding, but its still ok by me.

Aug 11, 2003
I'm from Hamilton, ON, Canada.

I enjoy my town because we hosted the Road World's and could show my pride as an avid cyclist.

I don't enjoy my town because as soon as the World's left, commuting to work was status quo --"Cyclists = pylons = road hazzards"

Simon

fasterTHANyou

Monkey
Dec 12, 2003
washington dc
name's steve

live in washington dc, one block from the national cathedral. i LOVE the area, i tag along for the urban rides down here (haven't been in a while though...). great riding out in VA and MD.

i neeeeeeeeed a new disc brake

Barbaton

Turbo Monkey
May 11, 2002
suburban hell
I live in Cambridge, MA, where it's been raining for a week. There's a fair amount of decent local XC riding but so far I haven't found anything as fun as we have in Santa Fe, NM, where I'm from originally. There tends to be a lot more crap in the trails here, though, making things more technical, though. :D

TCoop924

Monkey
Jul 29, 2002
WA
WooWoo for O-town! I'm from Olympia, WA...home of Capital Forest, hippies, and Oly beer (well used to be anyways). I love this town. It's quite the eclectic mix of residents and the "small town" feel makes it a great place to live. Plus, everything is in riding distance around town. And hey, you can't beat its location for outdoor activities...gateway to the Olympics, 1.5 hrs from the Cascades, and a quick shot to Whistler. What more can you ask for?

Oh yeah, those brakes are blingin'!

Oct 27, 2003
Madcity Wisconsin
Live in madison wisconsin, like it pretty good. Good urban, ok xc, no freeride stuff within a hour or too. Good people, crappy weather. Hot as hell in the summer, cold as hell in the winter.

Easton Smith

Tully

Monkey
Oct 8, 2003
Seattle, WA
I'm from Woodinville, WA, near Seattle. I hate it--it's mostly a rich, yuppie area, without many trails or riders. Fortunately, some good trails aren't too far away.

erikkellison

Monkey
Jan 28, 2004
Denver, CO
Yo. I am from Washington state, born and raised just north of Seattle, and lived in Bellingham for the past 5 years in order to attend Western Washington University. I like this town because there's some decent riding that I can pedal to from my driveway (by decent I mean not flat), but more importantly there's all kinds of riding within 3 hours. Some local freeride 15 minutes away and Woodlot, Grouse, Seymour and some other great freeride trails in Canada an hour away. There's the Exits near Seattle about 2 hours away (near the 'rents), and Whistler is 2 and a half hours away. I don't think it could get much better for a freerider... maybe that's why I turned from an XC racer into one... freeriding is a lot more fun too. Only drawback to this town is the lack of real jobs for an aspiring college graduate who is looking for a career as a wine chemist or a pharmaceutical engineer. As such, I will have to leave this otherwise great town, that is, when my desire to move on in life supercedes my desire for the "good" life.

Feb 14, 2004
SoCal
Livin it up in Cuh-ronuh! (Corona, CA) uhh I guess it's ok cause all dem hot bitches are here.

No really, it's kinda nice here, cops are lazy and slow, urban is cool, and the murder rate is still pretty low.

Bennito

Chimp
Apr 30, 2004
C-Spgs
Hooray for boobies is right. The city parks here in C-spring, CO have some of the most diverse trails I've seen. The payback for dodging all the in-town walkers is the bra-top & daisy duke wearing trail runners. If you want less people (and more of the other kind of scenery) the forest is only a few minutes away. Urban is hit or miss because the cops here are dicks. Go figure.

Jesus

Monkey
Jun 12, 2002
Louisville, KY
I live in Louisville, Kentucky. Okay place for mountain biking. Got plenty of XC trails, but not much in the way of DH & FR. You can ride about 10 months out of the year, if it isn't too muddy.

Also seems to be a good place to raise a family.

T0mo

Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
nedtown, colorado
My name is Tom, and I live in a little redneck-type town in the rocky mountains called Nederland. If you ride a minute up the road, turn onto a short bit of local single track, and go about a quarter mile, you can see the continental divide, that's cool, especially since theres hundreds of miles of trails out there. Theres about 1200 people here, a couple ticket hungry cops, and the coolest snowboard shop ever. Also, all the dirt roads are fun to rally drive on. Thats my town.

rainbow_smoke

Monkey
Sep 19, 2003
Bellingham, WA
my name is Zoae, i am the only girl downhill racer in the palouse. The palouse is not all that exciting but the riding here is great. We have everything from urban to some pretty gnarly dh trails on moscow mtn.

Status
Not open for further replies.