Quantcast

I just got a MARZOCCHI SUPER MONSTER! 12"!

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
manhattanprjkt83 said:
god damnit, i dont know why i keep reading this thread its like something off of MTBR.

ahhhhhhhh i just bumped it
manhattan, is that avatar a pic of Gilles de Rais or Vlad the Impaler?

me89

Monkey
May 25, 2004
asheville
wow and when i thought a super monseter couldnt get more pointless and usless some dope does that.

man i bet you this guy is just sitin at his house just laughing at all these comments weve made about this totally retarded and usless thread. i mean i would

slang

Monkey
Apr 20, 2005
wow. can you imagine what would happen when you're fully compressed on that thing?

budgetrider

Monkey
Jan 23, 2005
vtrider said:
Benders decent. Klassen, bearclaw, simmons, ect. just seem to me to be far smoother, far better riders. Maybe bender would improve on 8", as far as skills go. I think he should have to ride hardtails for a while, and then he would improve vastly, or give up riding the hardtail, and go back to his 12" front and back machine.

Good for you that you tried it, i, however, dont see any need for 12". 7-8 do me just fine. To each his own i guess. :think:
Bender's actually pretty good considering his size. He's pretty light (weight) compared to the others you mention, and that just makes it all the more easier for trail irregularities to buck him off balance. Being heavier (but still agile) is an advantage cause it forces your suspension to do soak up more badness as opposed to transferring it up the frame.

cove rider

Turbo Monkey
Jul 8, 2004
no where important
budgetrider said:
Bender's actually pretty good considering his size. He's pretty light (weight) compared to the others you mention, and that just makes it all the more easier for trail irregularities to buck him off balance. Being heavier (but still agile) is an advantage cause it forces your suspension to do soak up more badness as opposed to transferring it up the frame.
o god please dont start this again

Joe

Monkey
Dec 5, 2003
HoyHoy
No its wasnt, the threads on super dooper monsters.

Just dont land any drops to flat, as you may rip the head tube off thanks to the super slack head angle. super dooper...

Fool

yeehaarider

Monkey
Dec 26, 2004
Saugus, CA, 91390
Kanter said:
Its funny how everyone puts the super monster down but I would bet no one has actually ridden one. Maybe its not overkill for this guy. I would never want one but then again Ive never ridden it. Id like to take one out for a test run.

Lets see some pics.....
yea, this fork is the best fork ive ever ridden in my life, my friends put me down about it until they rode it, and then they fell in love with it, ill definately try to get some pics up of it, looks insane.

yeehaarider

Monkey
Dec 26, 2004
Saugus, CA, 91390
yea, its cool about all the put downs and stuff, i totally expected it, i just wanted to get some feedback about the fork and what you guys thought about it, im going to take some pix of the bike with my buddies camera and hopefully you could check it out, the 9" in the rear even it out a little more then the hardtail pic...lol....i took it for a ride a couple times so far, i took it off a first drop off by a bank, and it was only a 6 footer, i just wanted to warm up, and i didnt even feel it, so im trying some good trails now, now i can make my own trails down mountains...its insane, ill get some pix of me riding it too, or ill try.

bmxr

Monkey
Jan 29, 2004
Marietta, GA
I had an 03 200mm Monster and I thought it was way too heavy and complete overkill. I hated the angles it created on my Bullit, too, but hey, different strokes. As long as you like your equipment, who cares?

(just so you know I'm not an XC geek...just a geek :) )

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
Kanter said:
Its funny how everyone puts the super monster down but I would bet no one has actually ridden one. Maybe its not overkill for this guy. I would never want one but then again Ive never ridden it. Id like to take one out for a test run.

Lets see some pics.....
I gotta agree. Sheesh, give the dude a break. Thanks to all the haters, he probably got a good deal on it. I have an '02 Monster on my Scream and there are steep and rocky grades that make me wish for more fork...not that I could afford it. Granted, I am a steeps pvssy especially in rockgardens, but if you have the coin, why the hell not? Today's ridiculous overkill is tomorrow's rubber knife at a gunfight.

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
yeehaarider said:
yea, its cool about all the put downs and stuff, i totally expected it, i just wanted to get some feedback about the fork and what you guys thought about it, im going to take some pix of the bike with my buddies camera and hopefully you could check it out, the 9" in the rear even it out a little more then the hardtail pic...lol....i took it for a ride a couple times so far, i took it off a first drop off by a bank, and it was only a 6 footer, i just wanted to warm up, and i didnt even feel it, so im trying some good trails now, now i can make my own trails down mountains...its insane, ill get some pix of me riding it too, or ill try.
ya, don't let it bother you. tried a buddies super monster and couldn't believe how good it felt. he was riding an adjustable geo azonic, so the HA was actually pretty good, although the 18" bb height took a little getting used to. :eek:

cove rider

Turbo Monkey
Jul 8, 2004
no where important
hey i gots just the regular monster and its the best fork ever made i think (o by the way i got the 02 model its only 7 inches but thats cool cause all i got is 6 in the rear)

I know sanjay

Monkey
Aug 16, 2004
The OC
sn0wboarder said:
You must be doing drops to flat, right?

I guess the only people who buy super monsters are the ones who never saw a video with true freeriders, like Simmons, Klassen, Berrecloth, Romaniuk. etc. I mean they all use 8 inch forks and go bigger then Bender and stick the landing. Don't get me wrong though, I'm sure Bender is a good rider.
Klassren simmons and romainuk suck Claw owns.

yeehaarider

Monkey
Dec 26, 2004
Saugus, CA, 91390
ChrisRobin said:
You ride a cove bike, that's crap...up there with crap like Kona.

Regarding other posts:
If the guy wants a super monster, fine! Let him get a super monster and play around with it. He might hate it and give it up or might love it and knock it down to 10" like he said. A lot of the equipment we ride is overkill...

...some of us are arrogant, bike-snob weight freaks and some of us don't give a **** what we ride as long as we have fun with it.

i couldnt have put this better myself

Downhiller

Turbo Monkey
Sep 20, 2004
CROATIA....europe....CROATIA
respect man for super mosnter...

i have TWO super monsters...

one is from 2003 on my apocalypse..
.i will put picture

and one is brand new ...
last which marzocchi ever made i order from factory , so they build just for me last super monser...

this is link where is other pictures of bike(s)

http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=117772

here is my bike :)

http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=76279

ps. sorry for my bad bad english and for bragging .. :) :)

pps. bender is (for me) the best mtb biker ever...

**** i was talking to guy from santa cruz and he told me that NEW v-10 (v-11 what ever) can not hold super monster, bechose head tube can handle only 200mm travel so if new bikes can not hold that kind of "power" what can i say about giant.... :dead: