Quantcast

I just got a MARZOCCHI SUPER MONSTER! 12"!

santacruzer87

Monkey
Apr 21, 2005
On my bicycle
Downhiller said:
respect man for super mosnter...

i have TWO super monsters...

one is from 2003 on my apocalypse..
.i will put picture

and one is brand new ...
last which marzocchi ever made i order from factory , so they build just for me last super monser...

this is link where is other pictures of bike(s)

http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=117772

here is my bike :)

http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=76279

ps. sorry for my bad bad english and for bragging .. :) :)

pps. bender is (for me) the best mtb biker ever...

**** i was talking to guy from santa cruz and he told me that NEW v-10 (v-11 what ever) can not hold super monster, bechose head tube can handle only 200mm travel so if new bikes can not hold that kind of "power" what can i say about giant.... :dead:

That is the only bike that fork fits on. Other than that, its just waiting to rip off a headtube.

-Ryan

Downhiller

Turbo Monkey
Sep 20, 2004
CROATIA....europe....CROATIA
if Bender drops 17 m with apocalpyse and with big foot, i think that bike is worth something..

later he ride with super monster, hell that headtube on apocalpyse is something, if it can hold that kind of pressure and power...

yes i know that bender is sponsored rider but if bike hold him on his drops, i dont think that on apocalypse will ever crack HT..

ps. nothing is undestroyable, everything can broke and crack

yeehaarider

Monkey
Dec 26, 2004
Saugus, CA, 91390
dirtjumpP.1 said:
hes selling it already

yea, hardest thing for me to do right now, its the only personal thing i have left, and i fell into some financial hardship, long story, trust me, selling this bike is the last thing i would do, and right now, it is the last thing i can do. THE best bike ive ever ridden...and im glad to have had that experience, just moved to LA too...not much riding in LA for Downhill or freeride...

yeehaarider

Monkey
Dec 26, 2004
Saugus, CA, 91390
and also, for the e-bashers...its amusing to me, how these guys think they know everything about biking, when the only way they do know about biking is cuz they sit on the computer all day looking up crap rather than going out and taking the funnest F***ing trail they can find...

Just a thought...

yeehaarider

Monkey
Dec 26, 2004
Saugus, CA, 91390
dirtjumpP.1 said:
you could always rock some urban in la, you could get a good urban rig for about the price of that fork...
haha, its funny you say that, cuz just sitting here in LA, i got the urge one day to go riding, so i just took it on the streets, did a couple drop offs of some raised lawns and stuff, kinda odd tho, i dont think the bums have ever seen a bike like mine...you should hear the crack heads when they ask what the hell it is

ncrider

Turbo Monkey
Aug 15, 2004
Los Angeles
yeehaarider said:
just moved to LA too...not much riding in LA for Downhill or freeride...
Wrong. There's tons. You might have to drive a bit, but you've got SB to the North, SD to the South, the OC in the middle, and a bunch of nuggets sprinkled between.

Oops, thats probly not what you want to hear right now. Sorry. Good luck with your financial problems, I hate that S&*T!

yeehaarider

Monkey
Dec 26, 2004
Saugus, CA, 91390
ncrider said:
Wrong. There's tons. You might have to drive a bit, but you've got SB to the North, SD to the South, the OC in the middle, and a bunch of nuggets sprinkled between.

Oops, thats probly not what you want to hear right now. Sorry. Good luck with your financial problems, I hate that S&*T!
haha, its cool, havent been down here for very long, and im a little afraid to ride the bike right now while im selling it, the last thing i need is to brake a frame or do something stupid like "snap" a head tube like everybody is talking about, i know that probably happens, but ive taken some heavy falls on that bike, and no ovalizing or cracking...other than the rear triangle, but that's another story

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
You may get more cash if you parted out the bike. The fork may scare off some people who might otherwise buy the whole bike.

And yeah, here in So Cal / L.A. we have places to ride that bike.

yeehaarider

Monkey
Dec 26, 2004
Saugus, CA, 91390
Ciaran said:
You may get more cash if you parted out the bike. The fork may scare off some people who might otherwise buy the whole bike.

And yeah, here in So Cal / L.A. we have places to ride that bike.
yea, you may be right, but if i threw the 01 rock shox boxxer thats a little scratched up back on, i dont think i could sell it for more than 1000, and then im a little afraid that i wont be able to sell the fork for more than 1000, thats why i offered the fork, and the extras along with the bike, really good deal, dont know why havent had any serious hits yet, just a bunch of people trying to commit the overage payment scam from europe...haha, some guy tried to offer 4500 dollars to me, along with the 5000 more to send back to him... :nuts:

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
He just tried to sell it to my gullable friend. Its a good thing i caught him. Otherwise i would never ride with him again :nuts:

***MTB***

Monkey
Dec 19, 2004
SoCal
I guess its a good fork if you're Bender or you are hucking 40 ft cliffs. Other than that, im just curious, why do you need such a long travel fork?

ncrider

Turbo Monkey
Aug 15, 2004
Los Angeles
yeehaarider said:
yea, you may be right, but if i threw the 01 rock shox boxxer thats a little scratched up back on, i dont think i could sell it for more than 1000, and then im a little afraid that i wont be able to sell the fork for more than 1000, thats why i offered the fork, and the extras along with the bike, really good deal, dont know why havent had any serious hits yet
NOBODY will buy that bike the way you have it set up.

Ciaran is right. Sell it for parts. Somebody will probly buy the fork for a few hundred... maybe and you could get maybe a grand for the rest.

yeehaarider

Monkey
Dec 26, 2004
Saugus, CA, 91390
what do you mean no one will buy the bike the way its set up? It was one of the top sellers at the time it was new, and if i offer the rock shox boxxer with it that was sold stock...i wouldnt see why it wont sell, and for 2000, with all the xtras i would give with it, i dont see why someone wouldnt want it for that low of a price.

yeehaarider

Monkey
Dec 26, 2004
Saugus, CA, 91390
mack said:
He just tried to sell it to my gullable friend. Its a good thing i caught him. Otherwise i would never ride with him again :nuts:
ha, are you talking about the guy that was possibly going to trade his two frames and components plus 1000? cuz that would have been a sweet deal...thanx a lot man...

yeehaarider

Monkey
Dec 26, 2004
Saugus, CA, 91390
***MTB*** said:
I guess its a good fork if you're Bender or you are hucking 40 ft cliffs. Other than that, im just curious, why do you need such a long travel fork?
seriously, you would be suprised with what you can do with a long travel for like that, you can set sag to like 3 inches, and still have 9 inches of travel, or you can even adjust the travel from 9-12 inches...your front tire will never leave the ground and you will have unbelievable handling...guess you have to try it to believe it, and trust me i would never spend the money that was spent on it for the fork, i happened to get it for free...so i said why not??

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
yeehaarider said:
what do you mean no one will buy the bike the way its set up? It was one of the top sellers at the time it was new, and if i offer the rock shox boxxer with it that was sold stock...i wouldnt see why it wont sell, and for 2000, with all the xtras i would give with it, i dont see why someone wouldnt want it for that low of a price.
Because people now know that they have a habit of exploding and turning themselves into scrap metal.