Quantcast

Jim Thorpe MBW

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
:D Well, Unfortunately its all over. But it was awesome!!!! It was a great weekend. the weather was perfect and the trails there seem endless. The festival was great and I am kicking myself for not getting there for the past few years.

Secondly, I got to meet some fellow Ridemonkeys. I have to say they are some great people. Lots of good times. They definately made my weekend a whole lot better. Stosh, Aub, Earl , Tree-saw, Echo, Jackson, Crazy-sweeper you guys rock!!! You definatly made my weekend and i had tons of fun , it was great to meet you all!!!!! I'm looking forward to sharing some more "So-duh" some day. Make sure you let me know when your gettting over to diablo!!!!!!

also if any of you have some pictures, once you guys get them online Id appreciate if you could send me a whole bunch of them. My camera battery went dead and I wasnt able to take many. I'm trying to show ppl the trails there so any/all pictures will do. If you could send them to Hooples3@aol.com that would be great!!!!!!
Hopefully we can get together before the summer runs out and have another classic weekend!!!!

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Was an AWESOME weekend. Good to meet everyone, good to see some of you again, definitely good to ride JT - that place kicks ass. My camera managed to stay in my truck all weekend, but I know Echo and Earl took a bunch - hopefully they will have some good pics to share.

You guys missed a great ride Sunday morning. We did the rim trail that starts behind the cemetary up near where we had breakfast. Rocky and technical - it was killer.

And after a weekend of following Echo and Earl around, I'm definitely ready to do some racing.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I'm uploading some of my pics right now. It's funny but I have NO riding pics at all.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
FYI Ray said he was going to drop by the Monkey today.!!

Also don't forget you met Peter and Bustaframe.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
jacksonpt said:
Was an AWESOME weekend. Good to meet everyone, good to see some of you again, definitely good to ride JT - that place kicks ass. My camera managed to stay in my truck all weekend, but I know Echo and Earl took a bunch - hopefully they will have some good pics to share.

You guys missed a great ride Sunday morning. We did the rim trail that starts behind the cemetary up near where we had breakfast. Rocky and technical - it was killer.

And after a weekend of following Echo and Earl around, I'm definitely ready to do some racing.

sounds like lots of fun!

you have a paticular race in mind??

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
yeah .. thats right awesome meeting you guys peter and bustaframe.. and Ray and devon .. i was waiting for you to get on the monkey to thank you guys personally!!!!

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
douglas said:
sounds like lots of fun!

you have a paticular race in mind??
Not yet... I had wanted to do the darkhorse 40... but I think that's the same weekend we are supposed to leave for vacation. I gotta check out the local race scene and see what's going on. I'm hoping to find something without a ton of really brutal climbing. I don't mind longer more mild climbs.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
jacksonpt said:
Not yet... I had wanted to do the darkhorse 40... but I think that's the same weekend we are supposed to leave for vacation. I gotta check out the local race scene and see what's going on. I'm hoping to find something without a ton of really brutal climbing. I don't mind longer more mild climbs.
Jackson, Platty has a XC race series. Not that it is particularly "local" to you...

"Cross Country Series - all events are tentatively being added to the 2005 NY State NORBA XC Series and will qualify for points in the series and for the NYS Championship. Stay tuned for details!

July 17 - XC # 1
Sept 10 - AMBC/Collegiate Races XC # 2
Oct 16 - XC # 3"

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
McGRP01 said:
Jackson, Platty has a XC race series. Not that it is particularly "local" to you...

"Cross Country Series - all events are tentatively being added to the 2005 NY State NORBA XC Series and will qualify for points in the series and for the NYS Championship. Stay tuned for details!

July 17 - XC # 1
Sept 10 - AMBC/Collegiate Races XC # 2
Oct 16 - XC # 3"
but sometimes they start at the bottom (BIG climb) - not sure if this year is a top of the Mtn or bottom start

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
jacksonpt said:
yeah, after that awesome Breakfast I wasnt quite feeling up to riding. we rolled back to camp i was thinking i should have sat, digested, and then went for the ride.
Then when you guys came back to camp with those wide smiles... I KNEW I should have went for the ride!!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Me Bob and Aubrey rode Stewart when we got home... :)

It was a quick ride though....

peter6061

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
Kenmore, WA
We had a great time up there and it was good to finally meet a bunch of you. Hope you guys were able to get out on that night ride Saturday night. After showering and getting some food and 'soda', we were all about hanging out by the fire and resting the legs.

Went back out Sunday morning and beat ourselves up a little more. Looks like from our camp, MBW claimed a handlebar, and ankle, a shifter, and an elbow, not to mention the numerous over the bars 'dabs' that keep things interesting.

I'll post some pics up here when I get a chance. Last night was all about relaxing after making that drive back down 95.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
peter6061 said:
We had a great time up there and it was good to finally meet a bunch of you. Hope you guys were able to get out on that night ride Saturday night. After showering and getting some food and 'soda', we were all about hanging out by the fire and resting the legs.

Went back out Sunday morning and beat ourselves up a little more. Looks like from our camp, MBW claimed a handlebar, and ankle, a shifter, and an elbow, not to mention the numerous over the bars 'dabs' that keep things interesting.

I'll post some pics up here when I get a chance. Last night was all about relaxing after making that drive back down 95.
hey I would really like to see some of the pics you took. They were probably the only ones of me taken.

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
stosh said:
Me Bob and Aubrey rode Stewart when we got home... :)

It was a quick ride though....
awesome.... i cruised around for about an hour through the streets of brooklyn when I took my bike off the rack, then someone mentioned all the dirt on it, I figured it was time to wash it. hopefully today Ill take it apart and give it the attention it needs

Crazy Sweeper

more COWBELL!
Jun 4, 2004
In a box
oh BTW, it was great to finally meet all of you. I'm still pumped up about this weekend today. Had to take a motrin 800 this morning, man was I sore! Can't wait to ride with you guys again. "Its Inevibull."

Hopefully I'll be up in dalton to cheer you all on on sat night/sun morning

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
Crazy Sweeper said:
Stosh doesn't even own a bike. All he did was sit around and drink "soda". his gf was riding a lot though
yeah she's awesome!!!! She should get him to ride more... he could of at least brought a bike this weekend!!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
hooples3 said:
yeah she's awesome!!!! She should get him to ride more... he could of at least brought a bike this weekend!!
Dude.... I told you I was rushing out of the house and I forgot it..... gosh........

Crazy Sweeper

more COWBELL!
Jun 4, 2004
In a box
I kept reminding him before we left his house. And when we got to Jim Thorpe and took the bikes down he was like "oh crap, I forgot my bike"....

I wonder, we'll have to wait until Aubrey gets an RM account to find out if he even owns a bike

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
justride said:
I'm on!
Thanks again for the cool weekend. I left a post or whatever...I'm still trying to understand the website. Does that make me a dork for not knowing? oh well
SWEET!!!

Hey send me your e-mail addy to stoshly at hotmail dot com

BussaFrame

Monkey
Apr 19, 2005
Whats going on guys. The riding was great this weekend, and it was definately nice to put some faces with some posts. Now if I can just get my legs back together to ride some more things will be good.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
BussaFrame said:
Whats going on guys. The riding was great this weekend, and it was definately nice to put some faces with some posts. Now if I can just get my legs back together to ride some more things will be good.
I had trouble walking up the stairs at work this morning.