Quantcast

Joes Jump Farm....

Zach Dank

Turbo Monkey
Jun 28, 2005
Gnarcal
Bowled down deep after the wall. I decided i wanted to make a step down double bowl for something different. I'm trying to make every jump different than the one before it. The next lip is about seven feet tall. The gap is about eight feet, with a five feet step up. After the step up landing will be the wall ride against the barn. Should be ripping fun, and we will be hitting it by tomorrow.

Zach Dank

Turbo Monkey
Jun 28, 2005
Gnarcal
Is it going to be a pond jump or something (sarcastic)? Whats the drainage going to look like ?
We got a total of about 3 weeks of rain this whole winter. Not realy an issue. We have access to a pool pump when we need it. On a regular winter the farm might be shut down for about 2 months at the most.

LeRoy

Monkey
Apr 11, 2002
Wellington - NZ
Getting to watch the progress of this madscience project via this thread is a privilege. Keep fightin' the good fight and fueling our inspiration.

dan wask

Turbo Monkey
May 11, 2006
B-More Maryland
We got a total of about 3 weeks of rain this whole winter. Not realy an issue. We have access to a pool pump when we need it. On a regular winter the farm might be shut down for about 2 months at the most.
Really ? Thats interesting. Whats your dirt like ? Low clay content ?

Zach Dank

Turbo Monkey
Jun 28, 2005
Gnarcal
Getting to watch the progress of this madscience project via this thread is a privilege. Keep fightin' the good fight and fueling our inspiration.
Good to here. Honestly, one of the main reasons i post here, is in hope that other heads will get fired up, and start some sick trails. Anyone who has got the motivation is capable of building insane trails.
I hope one day that there are trails like these every where.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
I'm fired up and digging as always but the sh1t you guys got going on is downright retarded.

Must be nice to have that many heads who show up to move dirt.

You guys gots da goods both in manpower and ideas. I can't believe how good that place is looking.

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
That would be so fun to shoot there. Most of it is a little big for me :D.

You guys have such good ideas. It all fits together and flows so well.

Castle

Turbo Monkey
Jun 10, 2002
VA
damn! that's ill! props! big time inspiration for gettin my ass out there to dig!

don

Turbo Monkey
Nov 8, 2001
Rumson, NJ
Place is looking sick! I can't wait to see some vid of you guys riding that. Definitely getting the digging bug - not sure if we'll have stuff that sick but we'll be building more berms and hips rather than straight sets.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Good to here. Honestly, one of the main reasons i post here, is in hope that other heads will get fired up, and start some sick trails. Anyone who has got the motivation is capable of building insane trails.
I hope one day that there are trails like these every where.
It's working man, it's working.

DirtEveryDay

Turbo Monkey
Nov 24, 2003
Pacific North Wet
WTF??? Zach, you are one sick individual. Props.
Who'd you get to roll your tubing? They did a nice job. Being a former fab shop/4x4 shop owner, I've been pushing steel stuff around here, but no one's diggin it. Seems like more than the dirt itself, you have some really sweet hookups. AND some really dedicated bros. You guys picking up the tab on all this, or getting some help? I'm hoping you're getting some help and that it sticks around for awhile!
Pat yourselves on the back for me!

Zach Dank

Turbo Monkey
Jun 28, 2005
Gnarcal
A few more days of digging, and we can hang up the shuvels and just ride untill next winter.
We had a ripping session today. Countless tailwhips, 360's, cork flips, supermans, no foot cans, barspins, and what ever else you can think of. It seems we successfuly made DJ heaven a reality. Now go build your own, and we can share.:twitch:

LeRoy

Monkey
Apr 11, 2002
Wellington - NZ
My two sporting heroes these days are Zack (and crew of course) and Georges St. Pierre. I think I know who'd win if they duked it out but with a set of trails like that the Jump Farm crew would probably have a higher "rad" ranking.

DH biker

Turbo Monkey
Dec 12, 2004
North East
Amazing pictures... As always. You guys continue to step it up just like on the STINC. Keep up the good work.

By the way, I have the same boots as that guy.

MC peepants

Monkey
Sep 20, 2006
My two sporting heroes these days are Zack (and crew of course) and Georges St. Pierre. I think I know who'd win if they duked it out but with a set of trails like that the Jump Farm crew would probably have a higher "rad" ranking.
word.

grom-dom

Turbo Monkey
Jun 27, 2006
Chapel Thrill
man that is sickkkk!!!! does that first 6 pack flow as well as they look? they all look smooth and lippy and clean, my style and most others on here i think

Zach Dank

Turbo Monkey
Jun 28, 2005
Gnarcal
man that is sickkkk!!!! does that first 6 pack flow as well as they look? they all look smooth and lippy and clean, my style and most others on here i think
The flow is rediculously retarded sick.
I just got home from a full day of riding at the Farm. I didn't snap any pics, but i got some insane footy. Listen to the line my homie Andrew pulled. X-up the drop in, no foot can the first dub, stretched out superman the second dub, table the hip, tailwhip the fourth, to wallride, to corked backflip the fifth.
It might have been the sickest line i have ever seen done on a mountainbike. Unbelievable.
Video soon to come...

mosplat

Monkey
Mar 25, 2003
Brooklyn <-> Oakland
the superman in the pic is beautifully executed.
the jumps are nice like it doesn't even have to be said.
the video will definitely be a must-see.

thanks for sharing.
it's great motivation to dig and to ride.

muddy beast

Turbo Monkey
Nov 26, 2005
oh man thats a nice park...and sick riders! Props to all of you guys.

P.S. What kinda camera are you guys using? Though are good photos

bent^biker

Turbo Monkey
Feb 22, 2006
pdx
wow, just wow....you guys might just get a call from the collective or somebody wanting to film there......sic

muddy beast

Turbo Monkey
Nov 26, 2005
dude...if I was a production company, I would pay you guys big bucks just to talk about the place.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Talked to Spangler for a bit at the Otter, he had nothing but good things to say about the Farm, Zach, and the rest of the crew.

And his x-ups at the Furry Fury were sporting mad style.

:D

Zach Dank

Turbo Monkey
Jun 28, 2005
Gnarcal
Well, we finished building today. Started 3 months ago with a vision, and turned it into reality. The Farm is the sickest DJ spot i have ever been to. Mission accomplished. We celebrated with expensive champagne.
We just have to get our lighting up for the night sessions. We installed a fridge yesterday. It is packed full of PBR, and it will stay that way. :cheers:

G scrubbing the wall hip.

Joey testing the new wall.

My hommies at Transition topped the day off with a cherry on top, by sending me a Double to the Farm to throw down on.

G shredding the frame guitar.