Quantcast

Leogang World Cup and 26 Trix

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
what I don't understand is how he breaks traction as he's coming up the face of the jump. If the moto guys use their throttle to do that, I don't think there's any way pedalling could do anything to break traction in a mtb situation... :rolleyes: all I can think of is some form of a prehop to lighten the bike, and then muscling the fvck out of the bike to start slipping early. but that would take wicked strength and coordination. which he seems to possess in spades.
Go find a mellow tabletop and just practice. All you do is force your wheel (rear) to slide up the face. It's kind of weird at first but once you get it a couple of times you'll understand. Just commit to it. Going half assed will get you bucked a lot of the time. But you'll find that out. ;)

Check some clips from the a-line races at whistler. There was one with elliot jackson from last year that's a really good example.

Gwinn isn't the only one who knows how to scrub a face on a bike btw. He might be doing the fastest right now however :D

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Im more interested in the IXS webcast but I doubt there will be one. Local riders are either on holidays (lazy bastards :P ) or injured so i kinda lost interest.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Flip fest finals cancelled due to a few vocal riders not wanting to ride (but then doing it anyways after it was cancelled.) IXS qualies cancelled because late afteernoon the temps dropped and the skies opened up and the wind was howling and they had to close the chair. Snow up top for finals tomorrow possibly. Oh, Europe.