Quantcast

Little Monkeys

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
These are my girls Emma and Sophie! :thumb:

Here are a couple of shots I took of Sophie a couple of weeks back! She is such a happy baby!

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
not a picture, but a story...

My bro-in-law was telling a story to his 4.5yo daughter. Half way through, she did the hand-motion along with the verbal... "blah, blah, blah". My BIL didn't know whether to be offended or ROFL his ass off.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Last night we were watching Irish dancers (my daughter aspires to be one) as we did last year. This year they had a local group go first before the semi-pros from last year and the look on my daughters face was priceless.

When they finished, she turned to me with a straight face and said "they weren't very good at all". I was in near tears, I told her to relax, they were still learning.

Then after the show, one of the girls recognized her from school and was excited. She ran over to say hi and Maddie was so polite. After the girl left, she looked at me and said "I have no idea who that girl is." I told her that happens to me all the time, and tried not to laugh too hard.

She is amazingly observant at 7, it scares me daily.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
i was floored the other day when my 4 yr old daughter cried because she couldn't come along with noah and i on a riding venture. i tried to reason with her that she had dance practice in a few minutes and that she wouldn't be able to keep up on foot where we were going to ride. it was then that i realized that it wasn't just individual time with me she was craving (we have lots of time together just she and i doing the usual "girly" things), it was to go where "bubby" and i go; i think she felt left out.
so i promised her that i'd take her somewhere the next day, just me and her. so anyway, i had some digging/repairs to do at the local trails and i gave her the choice of going with me to work in the woods or to the park...she immediately chose the trails. she had an absolute blast! she helped me move rocks, she climbed about every tree she saw, played on the jumps.....just had a good time hanging out with dad in the woods.
i think i've discovered that she'll never be another noah in regards to riding ability because she's just not interested in bikes but it seems that she's just very interested in hanging out with us at the jumps. i'm just glad she doesn't feel left out anymore :D
here's mikaela sitting on one of the doubles

i tried to get a shot with the timer but the wind kept blowing her hair in her face and she put her hand up...oh well

and climbing up the side of the table

when we got home, i asked my youngest, emily, if she wanted to go to the woods the next time and she said, "no...the woods are scary, i want to go to the park." ;)
this whole raising girls thing is rather difficult ;)

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
so i promised her that i'd take her somewhere the next day, just me and her. so anyway, i had some digging/repairs to do at the local trails and i gave her the choice of going with me to work in the woods or to the park...she immediately chose the trails. she had an absolute blast! she helped me move rocks, she climbed about every tree she saw, played on the jumps.....just had a good time hanging out with dad in the woods.
Who knew all that unused semen over the years turned to fine wine? :clapping:

Oh, Mr. Tiles, it looks as if your son will soon body slam you for dressing him in Polo.

Superawesomethread!

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
this whole raising girls thing is rather difficult ;)
That's awesome.

I got a tag-a-long bike so my daughter can hit trails with me. To test it out, I put it on my DHi and we hit the skate park and the dirt jumps. We didn't catch air, but we rolled all the smaller ones and hit all the transitions at the skate park.

pixelninja

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Denver, CO
Evelyn being her typical goofy self

chloe breaking out her mad artist skillz

Chloe showing her new friend how good she is at easter egg hunting

Evy learning the guitar

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
i think i've discovered that she'll never be another noah in regards to riding ability because she's just not interested in bikes
Give her time, you never know. She is only 4 for christ's sake and the skill seems to run in the family. After hanging out at the jumps for a while she might decide she wants to give it a go. And FYI, I never really cared about doing girly things with my dad, that's what my mom was for. Let her get dirty and let her get hurt. It's good for her. Otherwise when she's teenager she'll just be one of those cute annoying chicks that hangs out at the jumps and flirts with all the guys but never really does anything but get in the way. ;)

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
thanks for the insight laura...i have a pretty good idea how to raise a boy but this girl thing is really weird. i'm trying to raise a "lady" that isn't afraid to get hurt/dirty but also doesn't belong to the women with wallets club...it's a tough line to walk ;)

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Who knew all that unused semen over the years turned to fine wine? :clapping:

Oh, Mr. Tiles, it looks as if your son will soon body slam you for dressing him in Polo.

Superawesomethread!
You need to stay out of this thread. It's about kids. You have none (that you've admitted to anyway)

You're like the creepy guy lurking around the park.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
thanks for the insight laura...i have a pretty good idea how to raise a boy but this girl thing is really weird. i'm trying to raise a "lady" that isn't afraid to get hurt/dirty but also doesn't belong to the women with wallets club...it's a tough line to walk ;)
Just raise her like a boy who can't quite lift as much weight. (don't make her do all the digging at the trails).

Leave the girly/lady crap to your wife.

Konabumm

Konaboner
Jun 13, 2003
Hollywood, Maryland, United States
Unreal - I can't believe how fast out little monkeys are growing up. It seem like yesterday when Little Mancil was born.

Well here are some new pictures from this past weekend. I don't know about everyone else, but the next time I'm asked what the meaning of life is, I'm going to show them these pictures!

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
It's not uploaded yet but we got the first ultrasound pix today. It's a SPECK!!! :p :D

Manimal I feel for ya even though it's not even here. I *really* hope it's a boy. I am not looking forward to being in jail for assaulting teen age boys. :)

I am really looking forward to posting in this thread 8 months from now.

KB, that last pic of you two flying the kite is awesome.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
It's not uploaded yet but we got the first ultrasound pix today. It's a SPECK!!! :p :D

Manimal I feel for ya even though it's not even here. I *really* hope it's a boy. I am not looking forward to being in jail for assaulting teen age boys. :)

I am really looking forward to posting in this thread 8 months from now.

KB, that last pic of you two flying the kite is awesome.

Ha! Thats awesome man!
When is your due date again?

geargrrl

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2002
pnw -dry side
My monkey is not little, at age 18 and 6 feet tall, but I have (another) brag moment. He beat out 20 other regional high schoolers last night for Science Scholar of the year; this is another $4000 scholarship he can add to his college account. Several months ago he was selected at the local winner of the American Society of Engineers local winner of a $4000 scholarship, plus the merit scholarship at Co. School of Mines I posted about months ago.

Man, the competition was stiff: the CV they would read about these kids was mind boggling, and it was more than just perfect SAT scores,which not all of them have.

I'm pretty proud, he's earned himself $40K of merit money so far. I'm not sure what we did right but it's a pretty cool deal.

VT Mtbkr

Monkey
Oct 3, 2003
Richmond, Virginia
I've got 1 more season of downhill and a trip to Whistler before we start to think about little monkeys.

In the mean time I became an Aunt on April 3rd!!! My only sister welcomed Dylan Thomas into the family as the first grandchild. After visiting at the hospital for the first time I immediately came home and told my husband..... I want one! His response......remember you wanted one more season!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I've got 1 more season of downhill and a trip to Whistler before we start to think about little monkeys.

In the mean time I became an Aunt on April 3rd!!! My only sister welcomed Dylan Thomas into the family as the first grandchild. After visiting at the hospital for the first time I immediately came home and told my husband..... I want one! His response......remember you wanted one more season!

Nice crew cut!!

loco-gringo

Crusading Clamp Monkey
Sep 27, 2006
Deep in the heart of TEXAS
Unreal - I can't believe how fast out little monkeys are growing up. It seem like yesterday when Little Mancil was born.

Well here are some new pictures from this past weekend. I don't know about everyone else, but the next time I'm asked what the meaning of life is, I'm going to show them these pictures!
It's all about the Hummer for you, isn't it??? ;)

I am sure Caroline will drench me.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Can we make this thread a Sticky?????????????

Anyway here's an updated pic for Hooples!!

cadmus

Monkey
May 24, 2006
PNW
I became an uncle on 5/15 - my brother's little girl.

And here's our little one with her bag packed and ready to go on vaction.