Quantcast

Little Monkeys

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
My second little :monkey: ditched the training wheels this evening. About a month before his 4th birthday. And you know what he said as he rode up the street away from me?

"Now we can *ALL* ride singletrack..........."

:dancing: :love: :love: :love: :thumb:

pigboy

in a galaxy far, far away
no kids of my own yet, but i do have these two dogs. luckily they are bloodthirsty child-eating pitbull derived mutts. usually i feed them orphans, but my niece and nephew came to visit so I figured the dogs would feast on upper-middle class human veal.

BUT

as you can see in the photo the niece has got the dogs down and will soon devour them. i guess the moral of the story is keep the dogs hungry and feed the children.....

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
A couple new ones.... :love:

On a side note, Piper just learned how to ride without training wheels this past weekend, so riding pics wil be up soon.... :thumb:

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
SkaredShtles said:
My second little :monkey: ditched the training wheels this evening. About a month before his 4th birthday. And you know what he said as he rode up the street away from me?

"Now we can *ALL* ride singletrack..........."

:dancing: :love: :love: :love: :thumb:
AWESOME!!!!

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
Our first test "ride." We went from our driveway to the driveway 3 houses down, and back. We need a helmet before going for real. :)

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
BikeGeek said:
Our first test "ride." We went from our driveway to the driveway 3 houses down, and back. We need a helmet before going for real. :)

We tried a helmet one time in one of those bike trailers - it bent the poor kid's head so far forward (he couldn't comfortably sit up straight with it on) that we pitched it and tightened down the straps a bit. :D

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
SkaredShtles said:
We tried a helmet one time in one of those bike trailers - it bent the poor kid's head so far forward (he couldn't comfortably sit up straight with it on) that we pitched it and tightened down the straps a bit. :D
I've heard the same from others, but want to at least try before breaking out the bubble-wrap and duct tape. :D

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
BikeGeek said:
I've heard the same from others, but want to at least try before breaking out the bubble-wrap and duct tape. :D
And take note:

Children *will* fall out if you don't strap them in and roll the trailer taking a corner on a bike path too quickly.

Don't ask me how I know....... :dead: :dead:

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
SkaredShtles said:
And take note:

Children *will* fall out if you don't strap them in and roll the trailer taking a corner on a bike path too quickly.

Don't ask me how I know....... :dead: :dead:

BWAHAHAhahahahahahahhahahaha, I know it probably wasn't funny at the time bt the mental image is killing me. Crusin around town, taking the turn with a little one wheel motion, pimp. blammo, baby pancake.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
laura said:
BWAHAHAhahahahahahahhahahaha, I know it probably wasn't funny at the time bt the mental image is killing me. Crusin around town, taking the turn with a little one wheel motion, pimp. blammo, baby pancake.
That's pretty much how it happened. Except both my older boys were in it. They tubled out and made a liddle kid tossed salad in the weeds beside the bike path. They were pretty much OK, but my wife was *not* amused when I got home. :dead:

pixelninja

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Denver, CO
SkaredShtles said:
Resulted in trip #4 to the ER for us to get it scrubbed out. :eek:
This happened last week while the wife and I were in Vegas, and grandma was watching the kids. We got the call from my mom just as we were heading out for the evening. Last night as we were eating, Evy tells me, "No more jump on couch". Damn straight.

Grandma took this the day before

pixelninja

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Denver, CO
ktmsx said:
damm... that stinks ..nothing in the world compares to seeing your little ones hurt....
Yeah, especially when you're 800 miles away. My wife was a wreck until she was able to talk to Evy on the phone.

Last night I took her to the hospital to have the stitches removed. That was NOT fun, but the ice cream afterwards made it all better.

corey_rideDC

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
DCmetro
just noticed this one of me and ryder on the racers edge site:

Tim, we should take the boys out on a trailer ride some weekend. mt vernon trail?

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
pixelninja said:
This happened last week while the wife and I were in Vegas, and grandma was watching the kids. We got the call from my mom just as we were heading out for the evening. Last night as we were eating, Evy tells me, "No more jump on couch". Damn straight.
:eek: Ouch is right!

moff_quigley

Why don't you have a seat over there?
Jan 27, 2005
Poseurville
BikeGeek said:
BikeGeek...I use the same trailer for my daughter. We tried a few helmets and found one that didn't have the pointy rear like most cycling helmets. Looks more like a skate lid. She's not all hunched over when riding in the trailer now. Pics are already in this thread.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
pixelninja said:
Wow - she did a bang up job! :thumb:

My first two trips to the ER were results of screwing around near couches. First was a fall back into a book shelf (staples in the back of the head) and the next was a failed piggyback attempt back into the brick hearth on the fireplace. More staples. :nonono:

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
corey_dcstreet said:
Tim, we should take the boys out on a trailer ride some weekend. mt vernon trail?
Sounds good.

moff_quigley said:
We tried a few helmets and found one that didn't have the pointy rear like most cycling helmets. Looks more like a skate lid...
Thanks for the tip.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Some newer pics of Syd (I can't believe I haven't posted any recently).

Playing in her Exersaucer:

She's moving all over the place with her walker and even tries to get her own toys out for us.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Piper at LL Bean this past weekend. She started Kindergarden yesterday and we were telling her this is how much homework she'd be getting. :p