Quantcast

Lopes the social media influencer

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Here's a really long video with lots of Brian Lopes.
Maybe if he joined a forum and whinged about new standards and crabon instead of getting out and riding bikes he might be a bit less of a douche.......?

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Here's a really long video with lots of Brian Lopes.
Maybe if he joined a forum and whinged about new standards and crabon instead of getting out and riding bikes he might be a bit less of a douche.......?
You're so negative about RideMonkey I'm tempted to think you got a job at pole bikes.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
You know what would be amazing? Giving up the fixation on an individual’s behavior you dislike. It would almost be like he didn’t exist!?

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
You know what would be amazing? Giving up the fixation on an individual’s behavior you dislike. It would almost be like he didn’t exist!?
You do realize this topic was dead for a long time and it's not like anyone here spends a lot time on this? A few jokes here and there are not like we are full of rage for the guy. It's just easy to make fun of him when we're at work and have a pointless meeting.

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
It's not only this topic - across the forum, pointless and moronic postings become tiresome...
I don't want to be a dick but complaining about bad forum content doesn't have the best track record in changing said content quality. Start topics about bikes and stuff. Then we will have fewer pointless discussions.

Also are you sure you're not a time traveller from 2012 who just realized RM is basically one big off topic section?

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
I don't want to be a dick but complaining about bad forum content doesn't have the best track record in changing said content quality. Start topics about bikes and stuff. Then we will have fewer pointless discussions.

Also are you sure you're not a time traveller from 2012 who just realized RM is basically one big off topic section?
Nobody is new here. I think we all know the nature of this forum. And even with that, what @johnbryanpeters says still holds.

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
Nobody is new here. I think we all know the nature of this forum. And even with that, what @johnbryanpeters says still holds.
I support the sentiment. It's just we have to do more about it than complain and it may be a bit hard when there are no bike news and in many countries you can't even ride your bike.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
So why does everyone hate this guy originally?
One reason is he basically sold his soul to one of the lowest pieces of shit in the industry:

Tony Ellsworth is a patalogical liar and has been caught many times flat out lying and treating people like crap. The number of times this happened was so numerous he became synonymous with the Iraqi Minister of Information. I remember one particular situation where he had "quoted" a magazine review of 3 bikes or whatever, that didn't put his bike "on top", so he edited the quotes that he selected, changing around the wording to make it seem like the best bike of the review. Ok, pretty shitty. But the real shitty part was he went back and then deleted those from his website, and then called us liars when he linked the now-edited website. And it's important to note, that's just the very tip of the iceberg. He's in a class with Jan Karpiel and Lahar, but possibly worse.

So to have Lopes sign up to represent the brand...well you just signed on for a world of shit and all the baggage that comes with it. No respect for that, Tony Ellsworth doesn't deserve it.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
That's pretty s**thouse actually. Is there a link to a backstory or something?
Basically got beat by a fast local guy (who's fully capable of beating lopes at this venue), threw an absolute fit about timing, making a big scene and acting like an complete ass rather than just deal with it discretely. Because even a fundraiser for someone else is still all about brian.

Some others referencing it in the comments.

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Basically got beat by a fast local guy (who's fully capable of beating lopes at this venue), threw an absolute fit about timing, making a big scene and acting like an complete ass rather than just deal with it discretely. Because even a fundraiser for someone else is still all about brian.

Some others referencing it in the comments.
wasn't that supposed to be a charity race anyways?

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
I don't mean to get off topic on the hate, but serious question... is his neck photo shopped to be longer in that picture? Or is he actually part giraffe? It feels mean posting it, but I honestly don't know if that picture has been shopped to make fun of him, or if he just has a really super duper long neck.