Quantcast

***Mondaze GMT***

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Melting continues, as does the search for an LBS. Found a decent one on Saturday, but its still 40 minutes away. Was thinking I should snag a toolbox top for my bike tools, I certainly have enough to fill one.

Mouse #15 & #16 caught.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Espresso saved my life this morning. Had me fully awake when a fuckwad decided to run a red light and attempt to T bone me. Major defensive driving move ensued. Had to swerve across the double yellow and swing back before the concrete median. Could have sworn he was still going to tag my right rear ..only missed by a couple of inches. Really wired right now...

Last edited:
Espresso saved my life this morning. Had me fully awake when a fuckwad decided to run a red light and T bone me. Major defensive driving move ensued. Had to swerve across the double yellow and swing back before the concrete median. Could have sworn he was still going to tag my right rear ..only missed by a couple of inches. Really wired right now...
Liked because you didn't get trashed...

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Good morning LMAO. Normally I'd swim on a Monday morning but I could not get a lane reservation so I did 75 minutes on the bike trainer while watching the entertaining stupidity of a Fast and Furious movie.

One more advantage of working from home is I can tend to the frikkin MOUNTAIN of laundry that we have allowed to pile up. Got 6-7 loads to do. Two loads of darks, one towels, one sheets, one active wear, one misc stuff...

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Mornin!

Melting continues, as does the search for an LBS. Found a decent one on Saturday, but its still 40 minutes away. Was thinking I should snag a toolbox top for my bike tools, I certainly have enough to fill one.

Mouse #15 & #16 caught.
Serious Cycles?

I just ordered a bunch of bike tools to replace all the crappy bike tools I've had for 20 years and work perfectly fine with nothing wrong with them. Send help.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Serious Cycles?

I just ordered a bunch of bike tools to replace all the crappy bike tools I've had for 20 years and work perfectly fine with nothing wrong with them. Send help.
Bikebarn in Whitman. Biggest downside is having to drive through the heart of Brockton to get there.

You get Park Tooks or something more blingy?

CrabJoe StretchPants

Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Bikebarn in Whitman. Biggest downside is having to drive through the heart of Brockton to get there.

You get Park Tooks or something more blingy?
I'm a Park Tool girl. Unless you're someone like Sparky doing it professionally, anything more than that is strictly "look at me!" tool purchasing IMO. Even switching over to all Park stuff seems stupid and shallow.

Not that I would say no to having them if they were given to me, but I'd rather spend the extra money on bikes or components.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
And honestly, the real driver for the switch is my OCD, which appears to be getting worse as I get older. About half my tools are Park now, so my brain wants them all to be Park. Sigh.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
OCD, which appears to be getting worse as I get older.
you and me both.

About half my tools are Park now, so my brain wants them all to be Park. Sigh.
i have plenty of park tools, however many years ago i picked up a set of their P handle allens, and the handle casing on several of them wasn't aligned properly when they were installed. enough that you can see it visually. doesn't impact the usage, but not the quality i expected. i still use them, but no longer make a point to get park stuff vs other brands.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
you and me both.

i have plenty of park tools, however many years ago i picked up a set of their P handle allens, and the handle casing on several of them wasn't aligned properly when they were installed. enough that you can see it visually. doesn't impact the usage, but not the quality i expected. i still use them, but no longer make a point to get park stuff vs other brands.
Aren't the handles dipped?

Edit - derp, read t-handles

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Of course, I'm not sure I've ever seen any brands other than Park or Pedro's at the bike shop. So not exactly a whole lot to choose from.

But I've got a decent collection of Park, though at this point they are mostly geared towards older stuff. Some day I'll step into the present.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Of course, I'm not sure I've ever seen any brands other than Park or Pedro's at the bike shop. So not exactly a whole lot to choose from.

But I've got a decent collection of Park, though at this point they are mostly geared towards older stuff. Some day I'll step into the present.
If it's any indication of my OCD levels....some of the stuff being replaced is same or arguably better Pedro's equivalent (pedal wrench & BB tool with the big dipped handles, etc)

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
If it's any indication of my OCD levels....some of the stuff being replaced is same or arguably better Pedro's equivalent (pedal wrench & BB tool with the big dipped handles, etc)
If I had a dollar for every time I replaced a functional item because it didn't match the rest of my items, I'd have a lot of dollars. I hath purchased multiples of many things in my day.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
If I had a dollar for every time I replaced a functional item because it didn't match the rest of my items, I'd have a lot of dollars. I hath purchased multiples of many things in my day.

including my parks, i think i have at least 4 or 5 sets of allens, including a set of Wera's.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all. Route builder dude-bro from the local climbing gym that we don't go to because of COVID is installing those RealRock climbing wall panels in the basement this morning. Meanwhile I work.

Power Zone Max ride tonight should be spicy!

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
i have a solo cup full of old allens that have been rounded off that for some reason i just haven't disposed of. plus a collection of ikea etc allens that have no size markings.
Speaking of which, what can we do with these allen keys?

I have two sets of Bondhus ones that are useless, as I lost the 6mm for both and the 4/5mm have both worn down over time.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

I have two sets of Bondhus ones that are useless, as I lost the 6mm for both and the 4/5mm have both worn down over time.
i'm probably just going to chuck them in the recycle bin. if i was really motivated i could just cut off the worn ends on the ones that need it, but meh.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

I assume these are relics from jon's put things in your butt phase