Quantcast

Monkeyfest 2006 -- Part Deux???

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
I have money in hand for this trip, however after driving 1,800 miles by myself in the last 3 days I am getting stir crazy in the car. If anyone is leaving and has a place in their car for a skinny Californian and his bigwheeled bike I will be there in a heart beat. I'm currently in Michigan, heading to Rochester and planning on a trip to Manhattan to visit friends. If you are anywhere in that region let me know and I'll make the drive with you.

I figure this trip is well worth it, I just can't stand driving my car another 16+ hours by myself. I've exhausted my CD collection and filled up every page in my notebook. :banghead:

Let's ride though!:happydance:

The Ito
Definitely try to hook up with JRogers (he lives relatively close to Manahttan) and then you can both come!!!

burly50

Where the hell is everyone?
May 13, 2006
Westtown, NY
Is it too late to join in? I can't ride due to shoulder surgery, but I am fun to laugh at when I get drunk. I also bring a ton of photography equipment. You could stick me at strategic locations along the trails and I will make you hit the same run over and over until I get the shot. Besides, it would be great to meet you monkeys and make some new friends.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Is it too late to join in? I can't ride due to shoulder surgery, but I am fun to laugh at when I get drunk. I also bring a ton of photography equipment. You could stick me at strategic locations along the trails and I will make you hit the same run over and over until I get the shot. Besides, it would be great to meet you monkeys and make some new friends.
You would be welcome to join us. There are always a great deal of drunken antic to be had! I'll add you to the list.

burly50

Where the hell is everyone?
May 13, 2006
Westtown, NY
You would be welcome to join us. There are always a great deal of drunken antic to be had! I'll add you to the list.
Thank you. I didn't read the entire thread. Are the specifcs, times, directions etc. in there? Should I bring any thing specific? Going to doctor now. Probably think of a lot more questions. Later, Chris

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Thank you. I didn't read the entire thread. Are the specifcs, times, directions etc. in there? Should I bring any thing specific? Going to doctor now. Probably think of a lot more questions. Later, Chris
Good luck at the Dr.

Specifics are: $50 per person (if we can get the magic number and we're getting close) includes a bed, 2 breakfasts, munchies for Saturday and 1 dinner (we eat dinner out on Saturday) and dessert. Bring your own beer, I will provide coffee & OJ. Sleeping bags are best, but there are sheets if needed. Directions can be found on the KT site or I can send you some later. The lodge is just past the bike shop on the left (next to the baseball field).

YEAH!!!

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
The menu is shaping up like this:

Breakfast 1:
Plain or Blueberry pancakes
Maple Syrup (from my neighbor so no, it's not VT, but it is the dark variety)
OJ
Coffee
Bacon

Dinner:
Garden Salad or perhaps Caprese salad
Cheese & Spinach Tortelloni in a creamy tomato sauce (no need to worry...it's safe, I promise)
fresh bread or garlic bread

Dessert:
Homemade Apple Crisp or Dutch Apple Pie

Snacks:
Pretzels
Chips & Salsa
Dip & Chips (MBC is sending with IAB)
Fruit
Veggies
Mini Breads (either pumpkin or zucchini)
If I have time, there will also be some cookies.

Breakfast 2:
Sausage, Egg & Cheese Sandwiches
or Egg & Cheese Sandwiches (or just egg...whatever)
OJ
Coffee

Thoughts???

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Treesaw, I take it that is Saturday dinner??
Either Friday or Saturday. Last time we did it on Friday, but I am flexible...depends on where everyone wants dinner (Trout River would mean we need to dine out on Friday, Pub Outback we can do either night). Also, keep in mind there is supposed to be a Trout River tent on Saturday for the Fall Festival in town :cheers:

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Latest Update (9-27) at 11:12pm

My list of definite attendees thus far:
TreeSaw & Sq-Earl
IAB
Splat
BadDNA
Berkshire_rider
Douglas +1
McGRP01
Sorgie
Powernapper
MiketheBike
Burly50
JRogers
The Ito

Questionables:
Sandwich (+1?)
Echo (+1) ???
Ridemonkey (?)
S.N.A.K.E (?)

BadDNA

hophead
Mar 31, 2006
Living the dream.
I'm liking the way this forecast is shaping up, except that we'll all be driving up there in the wet. Who's bringing the shop sized bottle of chain lube? I wouldn't be terribly surprised (though it could go either way) if the rain Friday was eliminated from the forecast too as the week goes on.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Get his sorry ass to come:biggrin: If he wanted to drive myself and S.N.A.K.E. gas would sure be a lot cheaper.
If I go it's gonna be me and the GF. Sorry but y'all are on your own this time. You might wanna get ahold of ito or Sorgie and see if they wanna pool.

GumbaFish

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2004
Rochester N.Y.
If I go it's gonna be me and the GF. Sorry but y'all are on your own this time. You might wanna get ahold of ito or Sorgie and see if they wanna pool.
Word. I might pool with S.N.A.K.E., I just don't know how much I want to spend money/be in a car for exceedingly long amounts of time.

Sorgie

Monkey
May 20, 2005
Rochester
My car's gonna be full. (read I hope someone buys my stuff so I can get a new bike:biggrin: )

GumbaFish

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2004
Rochester N.Y.
Treesaw I am out, I just cant blow a bunch of money on gas, beer, food, and lodging when I currently don't have a job. I hope the weather is good for you all, and look for me at the regular monkeyfest again next year. Or perhaps even a spring one...:biggrin:

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
For you homeslices who are aiming for a noon arrival Friday, are we going to eat lunch somewhere then go for a ride, or just ride and then worry about eating? What's the plan, yo.

(edit: if the current forecast holds up, I'll be eating and then NOT riding until Saturday :D )

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
For you homeslices who are aiming for a noon arrival Friday, are we going to eat lunch somewhere then go for a ride, or just ride and then worry about eating? What's the plan, yo.

(edit: if the current forecast holds up, I'll be eating and then NOT riding until Saturday :D )
If it's gonna be crappy, I'm not gonna bust my ass to get up there Friday. Expect me to roll in around 4pm...