Quantcast

more natural stuff

ryan1biker98

Chimp
Jul 29, 2007
I think diablo should make some more natural drops instead of all the wooden ones. And i also think there should be some more technical trails. but thats just my opinion.

daisycutter

Turbo Monkey
Apr 8, 2006
New York City
I agree some of the older trails are so rocky you are sore even if you don't crash. Make them a bit smother and you will have riders use them more. I find riders use the 4 main trails and don't take advantage of the mountains diversity because of it.

pain

Monkey
Mar 15, 2006
I agree some of the older trails are so rocky you are sore even if you don't crash. Make them a bit smother and you will have riders use them more. I find riders use the 4 main trails and don't take advantage of the mountains diversity because of it.
Maybe you should find a different sport

jsh191

Monkey
Nov 16, 2006
birdsboro, pa
i think diablo should give away popsicles on hot days, staff should ride your bike over the rough stuff and let you finish the rest of the trail, and have moms in minivans waiting to pick everyone up at the end of a hard day...

WhoRyder

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2007
NYC
i think Diablo should be open for an additional 3 to 4 weeks, and open 3 weeks earlier! :-)

but... what i really want is for SPRING and SUMMER to hurry up and come!!!!

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I agree some of the older trails are so rocky you are sore even if you don't crash.
This is what's referred to as "downhilling" not being a whiney b!tch. Its a hard sport, get used to it. It takes a long time to build up enough skill to clean those trails. hell I've been doing it for about 3 years now and I STILL have trouble cleaning trails like Slayer and Utah. Its just very physically demanding. if you don't have the strength, hit the gym.

SquadraCorse

Monkey
Jul 25, 2007
Ridgefield CT
This is what's referred to as "downhilling" not being a whiney b!tch. Its a hard sport, get used to it. It takes a long time to build up enough skill to clean those trails. hell I've been doing it for about 3 years now and I STILL have trouble cleaning trails like Slayer and Utah. Its just very physically demanding. if you don't have the strength, hit the gym.
:clapping::clapping::clapping:

WhoRyder

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2007
NYC
I go to Diablo because of the tough terrain... shoo, i love me some rock gardens..... Evil BOB, Stigmata, upper and lower ripper...

But i do like to dabble in Tempest, Waterboy, Victory, Alping, Upper breakout, Dominion Jump Likes, Flatliner, US OPEN BERMS.....

wait.... are those are non rock garden trails i just named.... there are quite a few more as well...

So Man up, or get a XC bike and wear Spandex and shut up!

NJMX835

Monkey
Feb 17, 2007
Highland Lakes NJ
I used to get so frustrated at big rock gardens like Slayer, Ripper & Utah when I first started riding DH, I would say "Rockgarden, why do you mock my lack of skill & out of shape physique?", but now that's my favorite type of terrain.

You're right man, take a weakness & make it a strength.

By the way, I agree with Dav... uh... Whoryder, Diablo should open in mid-late April & stay open until Thanksgiving, I need to ride!!!!!!!!

woof

Monkey
May 17, 2005
Natural drops like the drop on Ripper. It's not huge but fun as hell. The run in is a bit tricky and it has a little bit of a blind take off landing going on. Throwing in that drop in the middle of a trail like Ripper really makes me happy.

ryan1biker98

Chimp
Jul 29, 2007
what i ment to say is there should be some drops on some trails instead of having to go over and do a wooden one. just to make the trail a little more fun.

ryan1biker98

Chimp
Jul 29, 2007
and i never said they should make trails easier because i go to diablo every weekend and i think the best trail there decete

AzToJrse

Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
SOUTH JERSEY
yeah you arent a true " downhiller if you dont like riding un- flowy trails with nothing but rocks-whatever!

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
yeah you arent a true " downhiller if you dont like riding un- flowy trails with nothing but rocks-whatever!
that wasn't the point I was trying to convey. In case you're still confused, what I meant was don't make a trail easier to match your riding abilities, make your abilities better in order to ride tougher trails. Step up to the plate and meet the challenge! Some people (myself included) happen to enjoy rock gardens more than other aspects of riding.

FWIW it is possible to ride those trails with good flow.

AzToJrse

Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
SOUTH JERSEY
that wasn't the point I was trying to convey. In case you're still confused, what I meant was don't make a trail easier to match your riding abilities, make your abilities better in order to ride tougher trails. Step up to the plate and meet the challenge! Some people (myself included) happen to enjoy rock gardens more than other aspects of riding.

FWIW it is possible to ride those trails with good flow.
i love bombing a rock garden just as much as the next guy.. its not im a whiney bitch, dont have the ability, or whatever else you think. i just enjoy riding my bike on whatever trails i have fun riding. period. and yes, i like riding slayer and utah, yes rocky, but they FLOW

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
i love bombing a rock garden just as much as the next guy.. its not im a whiney bitch, dont have the ability, or whatever else you think. i just enjoy riding my bike on whatever trails i have fun riding. period. and yes, i like riding slayer and utah, yes rocky, but they FLOW
exactly. to each their own... just enjoy the ride :thumb:

matt2991

penishead
Jun 12, 2006
YA when I started MTBing, I found rocks really annoying. Now I love them. There is noting like blasting down a rockgarden. But, I do like fast flowly trails too. There was this trail I did in WV. It was on a XC trail but it was 3 miles of just a dirt DH trail. No rocks, drops,or jumps. I must of been going like 35 mph. It was amazing. But then I did a trail that was like 6 miles of climbing up a mountain and then a trail that was pretty much a rock garden the entire way down. It was challenging but really fun. I was on my hardrock and was still a begenier so I was kinda slow, but it was still fun.

Apr 16, 2006
Golden, CO
So basically what the OP is saying is Diablo needs a JAH drop.

And I agree - rocks are the best part of Diablo. Some trails can be fixed up, but that usually means moving fallen trees and throwing fresh dirt and water bars where needed. Don't make anything easier, please. Thanks

yuroshek

Turbo Monkey
Jun 26, 2007
Arizona!
to the guy who wants the trails smoother, take your fuucckin pu$$y pants off, and ride. if not go ride your hybrid bicycle on a nice little flat paved side walk.

runnin12s

Monkey
May 14, 2007
Waverly, NY
They have technical trails at Diablo? Oh that's right, I had to slow down once because of another rider and damn your right it did get a bit rocky in a few spots at slower speeds.:imstupid:

Blockhead

Monkey
Jul 5, 2006
So basically what the OP is saying is Diablo needs a JAH drop.

And I agree - rocks are the best part of Diablo. Some trails can be fixed up, but that usually means moving fallen trees and throwing fresh dirt and water bars where needed. Don't make anything easier, please. Thanks

I concour! If anything we need to start dumping more rocks in the trails. After a few years they become a bit to predictable.

Timekiller

Monkey
Oct 9, 2006
NJ
Well, since everyone is bitching about things...

Can anything in this forum stay on topic?!?!

Happy F-in holidays.