Quantcast

more natural stuff

Blockhead

Monkey
Jul 5, 2006
That only employs those fine lookin mexicans in bikinis from the water park next door. Theyre natural

Huck Banzai

Turbo Monkey
May 8, 2005
Transitory
I would like to piss someone off in this forum again, can I get a volunteer?

Please offer any subjects you might favor so that I might disagree and set it off.

Does anyone have a spare sandwich?

Iridemtb

Turbo Monkey
Feb 2, 2007
I've never been to plattekill... I want to make a trip up there this summer, why do you think it's so much better than diablo?

juk_lano

Chimp
Jun 27, 2007
More natural as in Whistler type smooth fast flow -not slow rocks. Highland has that...a lot of that. So I guess he wants more of Tempest. But I'll take what Diablo has to offer. Its NJ after all- but one of these days I'll take a vacation to the Holy Land far North across the Border of This land.

^I just got Assassin's Creed for Christmas. Its going to wear off in a few days when I'm back in F**8in school. bastard teachers...^

Huck Banzai

Turbo Monkey
May 8, 2005
Transitory
How about a large spine/mound - about 25' tall mid mountain that you can drop out of the lift onto/into? Then there could be a row of 20'x60' doubles oing down the fireroad from there and there could be punji sticks and escaped Zoo tigers in between them and possibly some napalm or flame throwers.

What do you guys think?

We could also cage up one of the lift buckets and make PSP stay in it all day.

What do you guys think?

huh huh huh?

well?

jcook90

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2006
Connecticut
Plattekill's just gnarly. I'm a big fan of this sign

I think the PSP cage should be at the bottom of the mountain, and we can poke him with sticks

Feb 7, 2007
Vernon, New Jersey
Plattekill's just gnarly. I'm a big fan of this sign

I think the PSP cage should be at the bottom of the mountain, and we can poke him with sticks
For a "resort" to display a sign like this is a true demonstration of lack of class. Many riders in this area patronize and enjoy both resorts (for good reason) and it is a slap to the face of the actual riding community, not our operation. Ironically, many of these "diablow" riders podium at their events on a regular basis. :busted:

jcook90

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2006
Connecticut
It's Plattekill, I'm pretty sure Laz isn't too concerned with image. I don't personally feel slapped in the face, nor do I understand why I should. It's just a sign.

dirttastesgood

Turbo Monkey
Dec 12, 2006
CT
Plattekill provides me with food, a place to get warm and to get out the rain. I don't care if they have that sign up, it's funny.

Sep 23, 2007
I only rode plattekill once this year in the beginning of the season, so i missed that sign, but that is some funny sh!t. That is pretty unprofessional of them though, if I owned diablo i would be kinda pissed. It's not like Diablo makes fun of plattekill or their locals...(and believe me I could)

whats funny is honestly plattekill isn't that gnarly. Why riders think they are so badass for being a platty regular is besides me.

id go to plattekill more often, but there isn't any jailbait to stare at at the bottom, and the only reason i ride a bike is so 15 yr girls think im hot.

The303Kid

Monkey
Aug 5, 2007
Bergen County
i think platty thinks there gnar for all there natural un-groomed under managed trails and they like it like that, vrs. diablos consantly groomed over managed trails with more man made features. I think peoples riding preference should be wat ever they want, but platty dosnt have to be un-professional and put a sign like that up

SPINTECK

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2005
abc
i never knew so many downhill people with such delicate panties. must be nice to worry about stupid ****. just get the gats out and make it an east coast/west coast thing:)

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
a better idea for the PSP cage, a jump on alpine over the cage from the lift and leave the top open so we can though stuff off the lift at him or make it like a dunking tank so u through stuff of the lift at a little target and when u hit it he gets dunked in bike grease
joke is now killed

Huck Banzai

Turbo Monkey
May 8, 2005
Transitory
Platte is a place where people ride.

Resort? Naw, yer missing the point.

It's a sign (and people call me sensitive!)

Not Gnarly? 1/2 the mountain are lines most riders will 'naah, no thanks' and take another route. Steep, Sketchy, Drops galore.

No sleeping on Diablo - the Gnar is in the speed - go down on some trails and yer done!! OVA!!!

WhoRyder

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2007
NYC
I personally rode both this year, spent more time @ Creek than Platty, but i did invest some time @ Platty this past season.

my take:

Maybe Plattekill should point their energy towards fixing their cheap ass lift (of whom my bike almost fell off of), and some of their trails.

In one of their trails there was a Chainsaw, yes a chain-****ing-saw in the trail, kidding me... as of Gnarly.... pls.... most of the trails there are full of loose rocks and not really that technical, which is fun, but i think that PARK is overrated and not worth the long trip to go there!

Diablo's only flaw is that it's a small mountain. but other than that, you have smooth trails, gnarly ****, drops, man made stuff, etc...

I will probably get flamed, cussed out, etc, but who cares what anything thinks, i rode diablo 28 times this season and hit up platty 8 times....

peace!

deadatbirth

Monkey
Aug 29, 2007
In a van down by the river
I only rode plattekill once this year in the beginning of the season, so i missed that sign, but that is some funny sh!t. That is pretty unprofessional of them though, if I owned diablo i would be kinda pissed. It's not like Diablo makes fun of plattekill or their locals...(and believe me I could)

whats funny is honestly plattekill isn't that gnarly. Why riders think they are so badass for being a platty regular is besides me.

id go to plattekill more often, but there isn't any jailbait to stare at at the bottom, and the only reason i ride a bike is so 15 yr girls think im hot.
dear my pedophile,

we are sorry we hurt your feelings.

as for me, shut up and ride...its a sign that is funny.

Diablo's only flaw is that it's a small mountain. but other than that, you have smooth trails, gnarly ****, drops, man made stuff, etc...
we like nice and smooth trails...our dh bikes work perfect on them and its exactly what they were designed for!

edit: our hybrid bikes....sorry

WhoRyder

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2007
NYC
dear my pedophile,

we like nice and smooth trails...our dh bikes work perfect on them and its exactly what they were designed for!

edit: our hybrid bikes....sorry
There are more rough stuff @ Creek than smooth.
the only thing that Platty has to offer is those grill cheese sammiches at the bottom of the lift, the lift sucks, that black dude that works the lift wants to commit suicide....

most of the "alpha" people there are assholes, their last attempt to make a man made trail was that stupid little maxxis-trailer jump trash, that thing that was just that "trash"....

:plthumbsdown: :plthumbsdown: :plthumbsdown: :plthumbsdown: :plthumbsdown:

Won't ever see my and my Enduro Pro @ Plattekill!

Feb 7, 2007
Vernon, New Jersey
Hey guys... Lets not turn this into the tired Pkill vs. Diablo discussion. It has been well documented that many riders enjoy riding at both locations and each venue offers a unique experience. Some prefer Platte, some prefer Diablo, some ride both! Be thankful that there are options, the sport is progressing allowing more resorts to open while still allowing the existing resorts to survive and expand. There's no need to bash the few resorts that actually embrace the sport, when there are soo many that don't.

deadatbirth

Monkey
Aug 29, 2007
In a van down by the river
im not trying to start anything...its just funny that peoples' panties are getting in a bunch for a funny sign.
saying its "unprofessional" is just stupid....but i guess some people dont have funny bones