Quantcast

More real estate doom and gloom

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
As an update, the half mil house down the street is sale pending in like a month. Now a house a block over just listed on Monday for $490k. WTF?

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Smart idea, must not be from Justin.

house prices are dropping, they are going to hate reducing property taxes
Half mil is tops for our hood and the house isn't THAT nice. I think our place was $225k 15ish years ago. When first build our hood was the nicest in town. There hasn't been anything this nice built since, but our place is now like 22 years old.

junkyard

You might feel a little prick.
Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
Half mil is tops for our hood and the house isn't THAT nice. I think our place was $225k 15ish years ago. When first build our hood was the nicest in town. There hasn't been anything this nice built since, but our place is now like 22 years old.
That’s pretty young for a house

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Not if it's built by Arbor Homes. :rofl:

When I was looking for my first house in 2000 there was a new neighborhood being built and I looked at a bunch of houses that were still under construction. Good lord were they bad. Floors weren't flat, sheathed in whatever type of scrap they could find, all the boards used were the ones you would sort out at the hardware store, warped, split etc. Decided to go with a well built 1988 model with faux gold fixtures.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
When I was looking for my first house in 2000 there was a new neighborhood being built and I looked at a bunch of houses that were still under construction. Good lord were they bad. Floors weren't flat, sheathed in whatever type of scrap they could find, all the boards used were the ones you would sort out at the hardware store, warped, split etc. Decided to go with a well built 1988 model with faux gold fixtures.
My house in Woodburn was well done, but the phase 3 behind us were awful. Our house now has some random issues, but we are only here for a few more years, likely. Having a 4 bed 2.5 bath for the 2 of us is silly so a 2/2 single level is in our future.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
I think the US is not out of the woods yet, not nearly. The below infographic sums it up nicely:

Local notes: the patch in the middle of Oregon is the Bend area, I bet. The inland empire in commuting/really-long-commuting distance from LA is all a mess. Vegas is a huge mess as is all of Florida. Even NJ and Long Island are up there. These foreclosures will be percolating through the system for years, will continue to depress home prices, and will continue to drive economic stagnation.

One thing is for sure: the days of seeing new, giant, home equity loan-financed SUVs in front of shiny new McMansions are over.

strnoheart.JPG

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I think mine used to be about $2k 8 years ago...
My sister's place is 720 sqft and was like $1.5m over 10 years ago. I still have not been to NY but I'm supposed to visit soon.

The best part of my sister's place is they had to submit pictures and vet records of her cat to the buildings board for approval before purchase. :rofl:

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Not fappage at all, I hate that shit.

Though the number of real estate transactions — including homes, lots and commercial buildings — was down 49% in 2022, what’s still on the market is, on average, more expensive.

Homes under $1M are a rare breed

Jackson also saw a 130% increase in ultra-luxury sales volume in 2022 compared with prepandemic 2019, and a 240% increase in ultra-luxury transactions since prepandemic 2019.

Yeah that's sustainable. Jackson deserves itself. At least here shit has stagnated and is even starting to drop a little. And still theservice™ suffers :rofl:

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
You are aware I basically agree with you, right?
Yes.

Where we might disagree is that I'll dance in the streets the day all those fucks buying that shit either die or leave. And I don't care what dumbass conservation effort they made in the process. It's all gonna burn the same and be just as irrelevant as every other dumb line rich white people ever drew on a map to control the poors.

Last edited:

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
I honestly can't wait until our next chapter. We got stupid lucky. We could move almost anywhere, but my wife is 100% workaholic, and is married to her practice. I am hoping to at least be based out of Victor after kiddo heads off, to either college or life, whatever he chooses.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
I honestly can't wait until our next chapter. We got stupid lucky. We could move almost anywhere, but my wife is 100% workaholic, and is married to her practice. I am hoping to at least be based out of Victor after kiddo heads off, to either college or life, whatever he chooses.
Go west young man.

Go west man. There's very little eastward from your position I can stomach for you.

I looked at Lander for a job not too long ago but honestly...it's all trash. Too much Wilderness in the Winds, too much poverty and sacraficial mining fucking up the water in the valleys. Thats' the most binary black and white state I've ever seen. There is no sanity in WY.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Go west young man.

Go west man. There's very little eastward from your position I can stomach for you.

I looked at Lander for a job not too long ago but honestly...it's all trash. Too much Wilderness in the Winds, too much poverty and sacraficial mining fucking up the water in the valleys. Thats' the most binary black and white state I've ever seen. There is no sanity in WY.
And the highest per capita representative power in the Federal Government by a large margin. Yee Haaw!

junkyard

You might feel a little prick.
Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
It’s almost like people don’t really want to live in places that suck. But there’s too many people and too many places that suck.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Pulls pin on grenade, runs away.

I like how immediately below what's essentially a blog post, the list of honkey travel attractions for the outdoors can be found

this graphic :rofl:

People (NYC editorialists) have a weird idea of 'everyone who lives in the west who's not an investment banker'

OMFG these people.......

A couple hours outside Jackson, I met Catharine O’Neill, whose family once owned these mountains. Her great-great-grandfather was John D. Rockefeller, and she worked in Trump’s State Department. Now, she was living in a modest little house outside of Casper, Wyoming, and was about to have her first child with a home appraiser she’d met after moving there. She isn’t hiding out exactly, but, like many Americans these days, she has a sense that things are cracking up.

“Election night we were talking, kind of joking,” she said. At the time she was living in DC. “I was afraid of being thrown into a concentration camp. I know that sounds crazy.”

“I was with my friends and I was like, ‘Well, we’re kind of fucked,’ ” she said. “And they’re like, ‘Well, let’s choose a red state to go take over.’ And I was like, ‘Well, I have a place in Wyoming we can go.’ ”

She is a proud conservative who views the corporate elite as enemies of America, and believes that we’re on the cusp of a populist uprising against the brand of transnational capitalism championed by Republicans for most of the last half-century. Her politics have marked her, at least to the minds of people who share her worldview, as a bit of a class traitor in their emergent epochal struggle against the entire system.

“Maybe I’m biased—obviously,” she said. “But if these organizations were run by people like my grandfather—he was a devout Christian and actually cared about this country and wanted to build this country up—that would be one thing.”

Last edited: