Quantcast

MTB Gimmick Gadget Thread.

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
Also, doggles are legit, good for dogs with vision problems and also keeps shit out of their eyes if you're riding muddy or dusty trails. Pretty specialized use, but like hearing aids, they have their place and they're great for those that need them.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Bikes are confusing, people ask which suspension design is the best and DW on his own has four different systems.
I bet if you asked DW which of his four designs was the best you'd probably get a whole lot of words but no real answer.

Just buy a bike and ride the fucking thing, the person on the internet that you are getting your advice from is probably just as shit on a bike as you.
N=1.

Do we have a rant thread?

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Perfect christmas present though. It's already wrapped

Plus. Would you really turn down a dick pump if it were given to you as a present?
You'd need to get the Bluetooth mini pump too so you can show everyone your fancy new $1500 iPhone-
upload_2018-10-30_21-11-31.jpeg

No windows phone app :(

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
My Magura one is tolerable but not great, sadly this ine will still have all the unreliable RS bits plus electronic trickery.
I have a pump in my seat tube, there is a string tied to the post so when I take it out a pump magically appears, I can also swap posts in 30 seconds and I have one less ugly cable.
It has been charged twice in nine months and the remote is still on the original battery(ies?).

Tantrum Cycles

Turbo Monkey
Jun 29, 2016
My Magura one is tolerable but not great, sadly this ine will still have all the unreliable RS bits plus electronic trickery.
I have a pump in my seat tube, there is a string tied to the post so when I take it out a pump magically appears, I can also swap posts in 30 seconds and I have one less ugly cable.
It has been charged twice in nine months and the remote is still on the original battery(ies?).
What about the delay? Do you just get used to it?

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Bikes are confusing, people ask which suspension design is the best and DW on his own has four different systems.
My favorite thing right now is how highly regarded evil's frames are. It's a single pivot bike, and all the reviewers gush over it. 2003 pinkbike has got to be fucking DYING right now. Combine that with putting the world's most complicated fork on a single pivot bike and showing it off...yeesh.

Electric_City

Torture wrench
Apr 14, 2007
My favorite thing right now is how highly regarded evil's frames are. It's a single pivot bike, and all the reviewers gush over it. 2003 pinkbike has got to be fucking DYING right now. Combine that with putting the world's most complicated fork on a single pivot bike and showing it off...yeesh.
Don't forget the enve wheels too.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
They ride pretty well. Very linear and quite plush. Not a great bike for aggressive riding but perfect for old dudes with a lot of money who feel too bad ass to own a Yeti.
I had one for a bit! I'm not old but I am terrible.

I just think it's funny that dw is primarily known for dw-link, but the frame that his $2700 fork is shown on isn't a dw-link frame.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
if cost is your only metric you may as well toss RS frames in there as well.
It's a custom painted pump for $800, you could go full retard and get a nitrogen bottle, gauge set and a couple of adaptors so you can fill shocks for similar money.

I love my $50AU Joe Blow pump, it has custom patina.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Good one, I forgot about Esker. I still maintain Robot Bike would had made a better platform to showcase the pivot vomit:

7 pivots!!!
There is a French company using printed parts on Cr-Mo duallies and they were well priced, can't think of the name.