Quantcast

My New Whip

J

JRB

greg447 said:
I never doughted that he was smart, I have respect for what he can do, but putting others down for their flaws is just a mean, degrading thing to do.

Anyhow im down ranting and raving. I hope you can see where I'm coming from Transcend.
I'm DOWN ranting and raving too. I love baggin' on Transcend. :D

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
gemini2k said:
Also, its not a "sportscar" its a supercar, its a minor distinction, but a distinction nonethless.
So are you a SPORTSboob, or a SUPERboob? Just want to make sure...

justsomeguy

Monkey
Oct 3, 2005
greg447 said:
the Ferrari F-40 was one of the last supercars, you could see hte carbon fiber underneath the paint because the paint was so thin,
Huh?

Neither of the two F40s that I've seen have had paint like you describe. Also, the hood and many of the body panels use more kevlar than carbon.

greg447

Monkey
Jul 22, 2005
new hampshire
justsomeguy said:
Huh?

Neither of the two F40s that I've seen have had paint like you describe. Also, the hood and many of the body panels use more kevlar than carbon.

My dad has two at his dealership, you can see the carbon fiber in those. My dad just explained that to me on the phone while i was typing in the forum, he could have been wrong.

greg447

Monkey
Jul 22, 2005
new hampshire
justsomeguy said:
I
. lower displacement engines redude compression stroke and pumping losses. You'll get more torque, a lot more, maybe 10% or more then usual.

I could be wrong, so dont get pissy if i am.

justsomeguy

Monkey
Oct 3, 2005
bomberboy11 said:
Nobody in this thread is a racecar driver. We just drool over racecars. They're all fast. Get over yourselves.
Nothing to "get over" here and I think that your assumption about peope's driving experience in this thread is mighty funny.

Yes, there are at least a few confused kids, but also at least one person who does more than drool over "racecars."

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
greg447 said:
I
. lower displacement engines redude compression stroke and pumping losses. You'll get more torque, a lot more, maybe 10% or more then usual.

I could be wrong, so dont get pissy if i am.
Do you even understand how displacement works? Having low displacement has NOTHING to do w/ stroke. You can get low displacement with a short stroke but there are multiple variables that affect displacement. Specifically (#cylinders)*(stroke)*(area of cross section of cylinder)=displacement. You could have a super long stroke engine w/ low displacement via skinny cylinders. And you DON'T get torque from short stroke. Short stroke gives you higher RPM, not torque. They're practically opposite. If you want torque an engine w/ a long stroke is the way to go. Like those dreaded V8s of yours.

greg447

Monkey
Jul 22, 2005
new hampshire
justsomeguy said:
Nothing to "get over" here and I think that your assumption about peope's driving experience in this thread is mighty funny.

Yes, there are at least a few confused kids, but also at least one person who does more than drool over "racecars."

I'm digging the race harness..

greg447

Monkey
Jul 22, 2005
new hampshire
Bicyclist said:
Do you even understand how displacement works? Having low displacement has NOTHING to do w/ stroke. You can get low displacement with a short stroke but there are multiple variables that affect displacement. Specifically (#cylinders)*(stroke)*(area of cross section of cylinder)=displacement. You could have a super long stroke engine w/ low displacement via skinny cylinders. And you DON'T get torque from short stroke. Short stroke gives you higher RPM, not torque. They're practically opposite. If you want torque an engine w/ a long stroke is the way to go. Like those dreaded V8s of yours.

Okay thanks man, I guess I was confused.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
And what does thin paint have to do with being a supercar?

BTW the F40 I saw and sat in didn't have visible kevlar beneath the paint.

greg447

Monkey
Jul 22, 2005
new hampshire
Bicyclist said:
And what does thin paint have to do with being a supercar?

BTW the F40 I saw and sat in didn't have visible kevlar beneath the paint.

I never said Kevlar. I said Carbon fiber. Thin paint has to do with what super cars used to be, all about performance, no leather seats, radios, or anything that would add to the comfort. Supercars were about going fast and feeling the organic feeling of a rumbling loud engine. Also the two f40's at the my fathers dealership are originall and the carbon fiber is visible.

Try watching Top Gear on the Discovery Channel, one of the episides features the f40 and they cleary point out that fact.

Thanks, Greg

greg447

Monkey
Jul 22, 2005
new hampshire
It is just the mentality that a supercar should'nt have comforts, they are made for people who like to go fast. When you are going fast you dont need cup holders, radios, gps's etc.. distracting you. I have been to Germany and the cars there, such as the TVR Tuscans, dont even have cupholder or bumpers. The perople there (for the most part) enjoy driving, they dont see it as a chore in Europe like we do. Thus no extra comforts, thus the F40, one of the last supercars.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
greg447 said:
It is just the mentality that a supercar should'nt have comforts, they are made for people who like to go fast. When you are going fast you dont need cup holders, radios, gps's etc.. distracting you. I have been to Germany and the cars there, such as the TVR Tuscans, dont even have cupholder or bumpers. The perople there (for the most part) enjoy driving, they dont see it as a chore in Europe like we do. Thus no extra comforts, thus the F40, one of the last supercars.
But having thin paint has nothing to do with performance. :bomb: However I do agree with you on the creature comforts thing.

J

JRB

greg447 said:
Me either, they should have a self distruct button next to the smiley faces.
I guess I won't point out who the contributors were, but suffice to say, this thing self destructed days ago. No button was needed, except for "Submit Reply".

Curb Hucker

I am an idiot
Feb 4, 2004
Sleeping in my Kenworth
greg447 said:
Me either, they should have a self distruct button next to the smiley faces.
Did you not read my post about my friend wanting an F40, why didnt you PM me with the name and number of your dad's dealership, I'm sure he'd be really happy with you for bringing him a $700K sale, since he does have 2 F40s there right? Or are you so full of **** you just dont know when to stop talking?

greg447

Monkey
Jul 22, 2005
new hampshire
Curb Hucker said:
Did you not read my post about my friend wanting an F40, why didnt you PM me with the name and number of your dad's dealership, I'm sure he'd be really happy with you for bringing him a $700K sale, since he does have 2 F40s there right? Or are you so full of **** you just dont know when to stop talking?

Models: Ferrari, Maserati
Address: 1203 Washington Street, Newton, MA 02465
Phones: (617) 559-0123
Site: http://www.maseratiofnewengland.com

greg447

Monkey
Jul 22, 2005
new hampshire
SkaredShtles said:
Is it hiding on the lot somwhere? :think:
I have no clue, all i know is that they charge you money to look for cars. There are 2 F40's in the area for sale, so if you were to want one they would have to do a search i guess.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
greg447 said:
I have no clue, all i know is that they charge you money to look for cars. There are 2 F40's in the area for sale, so if you were to want one they would have to do a search i guess.
Wait, so they aren't actually on the lot, as you claimed? :rofl:

justsomeguy

Monkey
Oct 3, 2005
greg447 said:
My dad has two at his dealership, you can see the carbon fiber in those.
greg447 said:

greg447

Monkey
Jul 22, 2005
new hampshire
I go to college here in new hampshire and my parents live in mass, so i rarly get to go down and see whats there and whats not anymore.

justsomeguy

Monkey
Oct 3, 2005
greg447 said:
Okay, i thought there were two there. I was wrong sorry.
"thought" = "made up"?

greg447 said:
My dad has two at his dealership, you can see the carbon fiber in those. My dad just explained that to me on the phone while i was typing in the forum, he could have been wrong.
Did dad mislead you? Surely he knows what's in inventory at his dealership, right?

greg447

Monkey
Jul 22, 2005
new hampshire
No he told m,e about how you can see the carbon fiber through the paint, i assumed he still had them at the dealership, but apparently i was wrong.