Quantcast

My New Whip

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
gemini2k said:
DJ, driving a supercar isn't just about the speed. It's the experience. A large part of that experience is manual transmissions. If the auto is faster so what? It takes out a major aspect of the challenge and fun of driving a supercar. I've never knocked the performance of the car, i've said i'm sure its an incredibly fast car and can kill almost everycar on the strip and the track. Also, if you care so much about getting the fastest 0-60 run go get a ricer, some of those can toast the slr. I mean its great it might have all this suspension and handling abilities, but if u and your friend are just doing 0-60 runs well.....
Most supercars' powerplants aren't meausred by their 0-60, they're measured by their 0-100 or 100-200, thats where the real fun is anyways. Well at those speeds around turns.
going by your "purist" pursue, all sports cars should have straight teeth non synchronized manual gearboxes with double clutches...... the ultimate in "driver feeling".

ever driven a straight teeth, no synchros gearbox with a double clutch? they´d suck for everyday driving i tell you.

Curb Hucker

I am an idiot
Feb 4, 2004
Sleeping in my Kenworth
Ok, I'll do a bit more clarification. This car is not driven by a man, it was a 45th birthday present for his wife / my friends mom. This is going to be her daily driver, except for when it snows and she'll drive her S65. She is no inexperienced driver, shes a major gearhead and has gone through some nice sports cars, working in chronological order: M3, F360, V12 Vanquish, Murcilago, F430, and SL65 AMG. She knows how to drive a car like the SLR and she can drive it damn good. She has had stick cars and SMG cars, but the shifting in the SLR is smoother than them all, and just as fast. As I see it, the only "has to have it to be a supercar or sportscar" requirement thats missing according to gemini2k is the manual trans, but it doesnt really matter. This car crushes all of the others shes ever owned, hands down. Its a sportscar, and theres no saying its not. This car is NOT comfortable, it has no heated seats, no dual climate control, no nav system, no cupholders, and no other add ons that every other mercedes has. This is not just a benz with a big engine, its a real supercar, no buts about it.

ummbikes

Don't mess with the Santas
Apr 16, 2002
Napavine, Warshington
ALEXIS_DH said:
ever driven a straight teeth, no synchros gearbox with a double clutch? they´d suck for everyday driving i tell you.

Where can I buy this double clutch? I've been having to engage the clutch on the yard semi pull it out of gear and then slightly rev the engine renengage the clutch and then shift gears...:rofl:

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
ummbikes said:
Where can I buy this double clutch? I've been having to engage the clutch on the yard semi pull it out of gear and then slightly rev the engine renengage the clutch and then shift gears...:rofl:
i mean a clutch with 2 plates, whatever that is called if not a "double clutch".

give me a break, i dont know the engrish terms for all that....

gemini2k

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2005
San Francisco
Curb Hucker said:
s a sportscar, and theres no saying its not. This car is NOT comfortable, it has no heated seats, no dual climate control, no nav system, no cupholders, and no other add ons that every other mercedes has. This is not just a benz with a big engine, its a real supercar, no buts about it.
i'm trying to figure out how in the world its 3900 pounds, that blows me away. My buick is way less than that. Don, can you point it out?

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Curb Hucker said:
... it was a 45th birthday present for his wife / my friends mom.
And that's what it's really about, yeah? A guy buying his wife for her birthday something that she wants and will enjoy.

Whether you can easily afford $700k for a car or $7 for a card and candy... it's considerate and nice. Props to the guy.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
COmtbiker12 said:
Do you understand the physics involved with the bikes? Will you properly respect the amount of power and handling it is capable of?
So, with you having your driver's license 6 months now, have you gotten into an accident yet? :D

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
gemini2k said:
i'm trying to figure out how in the world its 3900 pounds, that blows me away. My buick is way less than that. Don, can you point it out?
the little mercedes slk is in the 1500kg range, the sl is in the 1800kg (4000lb) range.

the huge engine, transmission and all the fancy accesories sure make for that much weight.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
ALEXIS_DH said:
i mean a clutch with 2 plates, whatever that is called if not a "double clutch".

give me a break, i dont know the engrish terms for all that....
Double clutching is a technique to match revs on older cars without a syncro, which is probably where the confusion is from.

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
LordOpie said:
So, with you having your driver's license 6 months now, have you gotten into an accident yet? :D
Hey, I've had it for almost 2 years. :p ;)

And yes, because <excuse> the brakes were bad on the car, and about a month later we had to replace the master cylinder and the brake booster </excuse> but yeah it was my fault. :p

I was only kidding in my reply to you :p gosh! lol.

greg447

Monkey
Jul 22, 2005
new hampshire
Transcend, your a douche bag, seriously dont tell me to grow up becuase you have nothing better to do then call me a troll becuase i said something to your retarded ass. Also im in school right now. It seems like you have nothing better to do then to post 6,689 posts, so why dont you go do something like ride your bike or buy a hooker so you can take some of that anger you have out of you you ****tard.

J

JRB

gnurider1080 said:
i love how transcend can piss off idiots so well. it makes for some good entertainment.
I'm gonna start a thread about web-design, I like watching him so much.

J

JRB

DRB said:
Just remember there are only a handful of them that can do whatever it is they do right.
Yeah - a monkey can fly a rocket into space, but it takes real genius to write a web-page.

J

JRB

DRB said:
Transcend and his lackey BV will be along shortly to adminster your beating....
BV is busy beating me up because I stand tall for the fat man.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
greg447 said:
Transcend, your a douche bag, seriously dont tell me to grow up becuase you have nothing better to do then call me a troll becuase i said something to your retarded ass. Also im in school right now. It seems like you have nothing better to do then to post 6,689 posts, so why dont you go do something like ride your bike or buy a hooker so you can take some of that anger you have out of you you ****tard.
Holy crap, each post is even more incomprehensible than the last. Nice use of a period in there, only it is in the wrong place, dipsh1t. I know 8 year olds that can put together a more comprehensible sentence then you can. Goob job, tough guy! :rolleyes:

J

JRB

Transcend said:
Holy crap, each post is even more incomprehensible than the last. Nice use of a period in there, only it is in the wrong place, dipsh1t. I know 8 year olds that can put together a more comprehensible sentence then you can. Goob job, tough guy! :rolleyes:
Yeah well - I know 8 year olds that can write a web-page too. :eviltongu

greg447

Monkey
Jul 22, 2005
new hampshire
Transcend said:
Wow Transcend, I hope this is comprehensible enough for you, but you act like a little angry man who has nothing better to do then put others down, as far as i know you are, but thats not the point. The point is that you find ways to scrutinize every little thing a person does wrong, and you dont thinks its a bad thing, all you do is come back with a grammatical comment. So please stfu, you just piss people off to make yourself feel better, personally i think its sad. Why dont you go ride your bike or do something constructive rather then putting other people down.

Greg

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Goddamn, I love pissing the 'tards off. Gettin' them all riled up for the shortbus ride home makes my day.

Alo Greg, personally I think you are a moron. So, we are even.

ps: I don't particularly care what you think. If you want to post on a public message board and not look like a complete asshat, taking 30 secs to make your post easily read is a good place to start. Don't get all bent if people don't care to try and decypher your 3 thought long, run-on sentences.

greg447

Monkey
Jul 22, 2005
new hampshire
Transcend said:
Goddamn, I love pissing the 'tards off. Gettin' them all riled up for the shortbus ride home makes my day.

First off, im not retarded, second of all, its sad, like i said previously, that you get enjoyment from getting other people angry. I hope you GROW up eventually and stop thinking your better and smarter then everyone else. I find it hard to believe that simply because you have the time in your day to check for grammatical errors in your post that your more knownledgible than me or anyone else here. So stop acting like your better then other people and maybe you can be happy, or you could just continue living your life the way you do and put down people. Either way it doesnt bother me becuase i'll just be pissing at you from Ridemonkey, but someday you might say the wrong thing to someone you know and mess up your relationship with them. Just a bit of advice to you, take it or leave it.

Greg

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
greg447 said:
First off, im not retarded, second of all, its sad, like i said previously, that you get enjoyment from getting other people angry. I hope you GROW up eventually and stop thinking your better and smarter then everyone else. I find it hard to believe that simply because you have the time in your day to check for grammatical errors in your post that your more knownledgible than me or anyone else here. So stop acting like your better then other people and maybe you can be happy, or you could just continue living your life the way you do and put down people. Either way it doesnt bother me becuase i'll just be pissing at you from Ridemonkey, but someday you might say the wrong thing to someone you know and mess up your relationship with them. Just a bit of advice to you, take it or leave it.

Greg
he's what we call and endless supply of worthless information.

J

JRB

greg447 said:
<snip> or do something constructive rather then putting other people down.

Greg
As smart as he is, it just doesn't take him long to be constructive. That's why he is America's best web-page designed. Oh wait - he's Canadian. I think he is confused about being French. That is the only reason I can think he is so pissy.

greg447

Monkey
Jul 22, 2005
new hampshire
I said he did'nt have to take the advice, I simply said what was on my mind. If you think thats a bad thing the okay, your entitled to your opinion just like everyone else.

greg447

Monkey
Jul 22, 2005
new hampshire
loco said:
As smart as he is, it just doesn't take him long to be constructive. That's why he is America's best web-page designed. Oh wait - he's Canadian. I think he is confused about being French. That is the only reason I can think he is so pissy.

I never doughted that he was smart, I have respect for what he can do, but putting others down for their flaws is just a mean, degrading thing to do.

Anyhow im down ranting and raving. I hope you can see where I'm coming from Transcend.