Quantcast

New Fox forks

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
I'll be dammed, the arch is clearly different on the Marz stuff. Am I totally smoking crack or was that not the case when they first launched?

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
That makes it even more annoying. They actually went through the hassle of doing a different casting but didn't do the thing that matters.
You must be new here #TheBicycleIndustry. There are people still out there with 20mm hubs for crying out loud! It's way too early to even think about going back to 20mm. Need another 5 years or so.

ChrisRobin

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Vancouver
They're sold out locally here...except one place I may have found one. Checking it out tmo, although it has 180mm travel instead of the 170mm I want. I hope the 170mm rod isn't stupid expensive to order. If all goes well, I'll be flexin' my way down the trails in no time! Man, I sure hope the air spring works...

I looked into getting the Manitou Mezzer too but I can't find any.

Last edited:

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Looks like Jenson has Mezzers.

I just got my hands on one. No real ride time yet, but will soon. Seems real stiff in my highly scientific and accurate "slam on the front brake and see how much it flexes" test.

ChrisRobin

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Vancouver
No idea. But it looks like the socket size to remove the top caps is the same size as the 36 so I highly doubt Fox designed a Grip2 cartridge specifically for the 38. I think the damper for the 38 is the same except with a 38mm top cap...which can most likely be separated from the damper like in the RC2. I haven't had a chance to really check though. So if that's the case, then you may be able to swap an RC2 over.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
New hair. Every single time.

Just how DOES he do that!!??

Seems like the comp damping is a fairly easy fix with some stiffer base shims or coming up with a way to preload them more. Hard to tell without one in hand.

I still don't see anything other than weight that makes me want to get rid of my old casting 36. At least the steerer tube is clocked correctly.

Last edited:

ChrisRobin

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Vancouver
That's Covid hair...

I'm sure Steve will have something up on the Vorsprung website offering to tune the damper. I'll probably send mine to him and get him to soften up my Tractive Super Deluxe.