Quantcast

New Transition Slopestyle Bike: The BottleRocket

atrokz

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2002
teedotohdot
cough *nicolai helius fr LT * cough.

I kid I kid, nice bike. I want something similar next season. Tell me how it does on the trails with the seat extended though, as I'm looking for something that 'does it all' but leans towards jumping.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
atrokz said:
cough *nicolai helius fr LT * cough.

I kid I kid, nice bike. I want something similar next season. Tell me how it does on the trails with the seat extended though, as I'm looking for something that 'does it all' but leans towards jumping.
That is exactly what I was looking for as well, i plan to do some distance rides on this bike with full seat extension...I will post a lenghty ongoing review soon.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
untitledsince89 said:
ahhh I want one, If I wasn't racing dh next season I'd be all over this. Any idea what the final build wieght is going to be? I heard heavy but idk how much
yes heavy, the frame without shock is 8 lbs...they werent trying to play the weight game with this one...

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
Doooood, that build is like perfect. Like exactly how I'd build it. Saint brakes/cranks, TIOGA pedals (!!!), 105 derailleur, road cassette, Fox suspension, and Thomson bits equal mmmmm mmm.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
hahahh the only **** i would change is do an x.0 short cage derailleur and shifter...

I run those on my trail bike so switching back and fourth the 105 feels like a turd...

fiddy_ryder

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Hollywood
bastard!! i had my team of ninjas waiting in the trees at your house to jack the bike,, they shot the ups man with a poison dart for not bringing it instead..

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
dude, i know you are watching my joint. so i had the bike shipped to work. i'm not gonna have that much stuff just sitting on a front porch waiting for ninjas!

DirtBag

Monkey
Feb 1, 2006
Just received an e-mail from Kyle. I had inquired to see what was left in a medium. Turns out they have the black (which I wanted) available. Should be shipped out this week. Here is the planned build spec:

Fox Van RC2
DeeTrack Wheelset
Hone crankset, 2-ring with e-13 DRS
Hayes (El Caminos or HFX-9) Have both, not sure yet
Truvativ Hussefelt bar/stem
FSA 1.5 Reducing headset

Manhattan - What size is yours and what is the estimated weight?

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
DirtBag said:
Just received an e-mail from Kyle. I had inquired to see what was left in a medium. Turns out they have the black (which I wanted) available. Should be shipped out this week. Here is the planned build spec:

Fox Van RC2
DeeTrack Wheelset
Hone crankset, 2-ring with e-13 DRS
Hayes (El Caminos or HFX-9) Have both, not sure yet
Truvativ Hussefelt bar/stem
FSA 1.5 Reducing headset

Manhattan - What size is yours and what is the estimated weight?
mine is a med I am 5'10 and couldnt find a better fitting ride...Weight i am going to say is around 36-38 i would like to build one with some superlight parts (x.o bits, mavic crossmax xl's, dhx air, light bars and braks) but budget wont allow...

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
Bicyclist said:
A bit porky, but not too bad I guess.
dude the frame is built to be ridden at 8 lbs without shock...

It is a riders frame just like the company, not a boat anchor but not an orange eather...

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
The Transition Bottle Rockets are hella nice bikes. I know a couple guys who rode them at Crankworx. The bike seemed well suited to the big rough course.

Would I be an a-hole for hijacking this thread and posting new MC Battery slopestyle photos?

DirtBag

Monkey
Feb 1, 2006
Frame will be shipped out on Wednesday. Manhatten thanks for the pics and info. I have had my eye on this for a while. Currently own an 04' Dirtbag and Vagrant. The DB is a bit tight and the Vagrant is perfect. The geo and sizing of the BR lines up with the Vagrant so I got the medium as well. My build should be close to yours in weight, with plus/minus on my wheelset (heavier) but less on cranks (Hones).

Right now I plan to sell the DB frame/Boxxer and pull all parts from the Vagrant to build the BR exactly the same as my Vagrant except remove the El Caminos. I don't think they will hold up to DH runs at Diablo/Highland. I love the DB but at 42 lbs I need to get into the 36-38 range with a SC up front. Plus I want an easier bike to peddle araound for all purpose rides. Then I will probably rebuild the Vagrant as more of a DJ/Urban/winter bike.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
TWISTED said:
The Transition Bottle Rockets are hella nice bikes. I know a couple guys who rode them at Crankworx. The bike seemed well suited to the big rough course.

Would I be an a-hole for hijacking this thread and posting new MC Battery slopestyle photos?
Noway man post pics of the bottlerockets and Batteries...I would love to see them, i was initially going to get the MC but it fell through...

Like i posted above Transition is going to make a super short travel verson of the bottlerocket as well. Dubbed the Roman Candle...(kidding about the roman candle), but the bike is in the works.

dgrif

Monkey
Apr 12, 2006
colo spigs
TheInedibleHulk said:
first transition I ever liked. named after my favorite movie too.
damn good flick bro :) guy that worked an a lbs i use to go to looked just like bob.. cracked me up every time i went in. yeah.. that is a pretty slick bike

Stoked

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2004
LI, NY
ufdff15 said:
Is that what Carter Holland was riding at Crankworx?
from match site. looks dope, i thought it was his own creation. rear swingarm looks like the MC one. maybe the tonic guys can help

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
not mine. from the transition site. the pink looks washed out, but it is growing on me. nice shark-fin on the seat tube. must be the large.

come on brown santa!

*edit* - guess the "large pink" text in the corner confirms my guess.

MikeT

Monkey
Feb 17, 2002
Hell
meh i guess i can post a ride report, since you's guys are looking for one.

I hit up Wisp (west maryland) on Sunday. The bike felt really good. Absoloutly rails on corners, and the rear end is very active. With my set up, I have a zero stack FSA reduction headset, and low riser bars, so the front end is low, makes the bike handle like a champ.

Feel free to ask for more info

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
Stoked said:
from match site. looks dope, i thought it was his own creation. rear swingarm looks like the MC one. maybe the tonic guys can help

I doubt that is an MC, it is the MC design but not under the MC name, you will see another manufacturer selling this bike in the near future...

fiddy_ryder

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Hollywood
manhattanprjkt83 said:
I doubt that is an MC, it is the MC design but not under the MC name, you will see another manufacturer selling this bike in the near future...

twisted said that MC actually had some frames for sale.. not sure how, but he said they did.