Quantcast

New V10c XL Frames at Huge Discount

UiUiUiUi

Turbo Monkey
Feb 2, 2003
Berlin, Germany
hey i am not claiming it is a bad bike or anything it probably is a great one still does not excite me all that much...

if like all of the sudden Doc would build me a Custom one off SuperCo Silencer... THAT would be exciting :D

xy9ine

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
vancouver eastside
if like all of the sudden Doc would build me a Custom one off SuperCo Silencer... THAT would be exciting :D
indeed! curious how much $$ one would have to waggle in front of him to make this happen...

dammit, i'm going to post this here for thread derailment / nostalgic sake. swoon:

wow, 4 years later & i still lust after this thing more than any current bike.

Last edited:

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
indeed! curious how much $$ one would have to waggle in front of him to make this happen...

dammit, i'm going to post this here for thread derailment / nostalgic sake. swoon:

What a brilliant bike. A true classic.

UiUiUiUi

Turbo Monkey
Feb 2, 2003
Berlin, Germany

i still have faint memories in my mind of riding terry's bike down angry pirate and loving it despite being severly undersprung and way too small.

still have a set of 823 on hope pro hubs sitting around for that frame...

Last edited:

MinorThreat

Turbo Monkey
Nov 15, 2005
Nine Mile Falls, WA
Hmmm . . . this thread has grown to nine pages and is now encumbered with mant OT postings. It is certainly not the "lightest and strongest" - - or even lightest or strongest - - of many threads preceding it now.

Last edited:

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
I'd like to see a carbon version of the Silencer. ;)
NOOOOOO!!!!!!!! That would take much of it's appeal away. The Silencer shows all the companies that claim you can only build a modern day DH bike out of zhe carbonz the middle finger. :D
Like with road bikes, if you are one of those me-too guys you run into the shop and buy whatever carbon bike is considered cool ATM. If you have taste you go to a small frame builder and get a custom build frame for you out of whatever your favorite material is. ;)

Not saying that the V10 isn't cool, but it is mainstream. The Silencer, not so much.... :thumb:

Huck Banzai

Turbo Monkey
May 8, 2005
Transitory
NOOOOOO!!!!!!!! That would take much of it's appeal away. The Silencer shows all the companies that claim you can only build a modern day DH bike out of zhe carbonz the middle finger. :D
Like with road bikes, if you are one of those me-too guys you run into the shop and buy whatever carbon bike is considered cool ATM. If you have taste you go to a small frame builder and get a custom build frame for you out of whatever your favorite material is. ;)

Not saying that the V10 isn't cool, but it is mainstream. The Silencer, not so much.... :thumb:
Mainstream high end DH bikes, hmmm...

Unfortunately the silencer isn't mainstream mostly because it doesnt exist except as a custom bike for a few, and will never see production.

If only TMX were a 6'6" chick, I might have been lucky enough to get a spin; Since she's not, I would need 2, one to strap to each foot.

Now back to the Carbonz!! (I guess Ill wait for 2014 before jumping in this baby)