Quantcast

jsg04

Monkey
Aug 29, 2006
I htink Boudreau has run out of magic and luck at the same time...his days are numbered...maybe he can get back into movies?

Good win by my Hawks the oher night, 4-1 over Detroit. Maybe now we can get some momentum going?
The Caps lost again last night and as of now they are losing to the Sens. With sweaty Teddy running the ship anything could happen. I hope HBO is ready to break the f-bomb world record.

The Hawks are crazy. One game they look great and the next they are a flat. If they could get some solid goaltending that would help. Turco has not been lighting the world on fire.

jsg04

Monkey
Aug 29, 2006
Turco was brought in as a stopgap and mentor to Crawford...he is our goalie of the future du jour...
Never really heard of the guy until this year. After looking at his stats it looks like he has been in the Blackhawk's system since draft day.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Then why'd you get the fainting vapors over a few f-words?
How about actually taking some time to fully read my initial post:

Originally Posted by MMcG
I didn't watch but I heard Boudreau comes across as a swearing buffoon in it with very little to actually say other than a cuss word every other word.

The Caps need a new coach.

It is one thing to swear when delivering a message with passion and to get a point across and tone across. It is another thing to just swear a bunch and not really say anything meaningful or important which is what Boudreau seems to be all about.

I think his time and luck have run out at the helm of the Caps is all I'm sayin.

Go watch a game or something Silver - or better yet, hit the ice in beer league game or something. :thumb:

Last edited:

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
How about actually taking some time to fully read my initial post:

Originally Posted by MMcG
I didn't watch but I heard Boudreau comes across as a swearing buffoon in it with very little to actually say other than a cuss word every other word.

The Caps need a new coach.

It is one thing to swear when delivering a message with passion and to get a point across and tone across. It is another thing to just swear a bunch and not really say anything meaningful or important which is what Boudreau seems to be all about.

I think his time and luck have run out at the helm of the Caps is all I'm sayin.

Go watch a game or something Silver - or better yet, hit the ice in beer league game or something. :thumb:
Bah-I'm hypersensitive. I've had two carebears who watch way too much TV and know I like hockey make it their mission last week to tell me how shocked they are that someone involved in the fine sport (which they never watch, but they did see Miracle and loved it!) would go on a curse-filled rant.

And the Oilers don't play until Tuesday...:D

(You should watch the show. Keep in mind too, you're basically seeing the Caps at their worst. I'm not surprised the Boudreau doesn't exactly come across as a scholar. For giggles, HBO should do another one this year on the Leafs and the Flames. I'd pay good money to see that.)

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
How about those 45 saves by Hiller last night. I like the Ducks' new Third Jersey - but the socks are hideous. They shoulda flipped them over so the black was on top and the orange on the bottom or just went with mostly black with only a little orange in those socks.

I like Hiller's Stealth black mask with the gold cage though. Pretty cool to see that look vs some of the elaborate paint schemes on goaltenders masks these days.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
The NY Metropolitan area teams are pretty much horrible this year...........I guess the Rangers are preventing that trio of teams from being a total joke. Man what a drop in performance by the Devils this year. They are brutal.

And the Islanders just continue to suck. Boy oh Boy remember the glory years on the Island with the likes of Potvin, Smith, Bossy, Trotier, Kenny Morrow and company. Those days seem so far gone now.

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
How about those 45 saves by Hiller last night. I like the Ducks' new Third Jersey - but the socks are hideous. They shoulda flipped them over so the black was on top and the orange on the bottom or just went with mostly black with only a little orange in those socks.

I like Hiller's Stealth black mask with the gold cage though. Pretty cool to see that look vs some of the elaborate paint schemes on goaltenders masks these days.
When Hiller's on, he's really good.

I don't like the Ducks thirds. I think they should have gone full orange with them, almost like the Flyers.

Hiller's mask is neat, but it's got one little flat spot on the forehead that worries me. It's not a regular Itech mask-and that flat spot seems like an invitation to having a slapshot hit there and stop dead.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
Uh oh, I'm agreeing with Bettman. Dammit.

Did you see the Ducks backup take the puck in the mask against Vancouver. I swear it looked like it went through the cateye part of the wire. Ouch.

jsg04

Monkey
Aug 29, 2006
The NY Metropolitan area teams are pretty much horrible this year...........I guess the Rangers are preventing that trio of teams from being a total joke. Man what a drop in performance by the Devils this year. They are brutal.

And the Islanders just continue to suck. Boy oh Boy remember the glory years on the Island with the likes of Potvin, Smith, Bossy, Trotier, Kenny Morrow and company. Those days seem so far gone now.
The Islanders are so bad... and their attendance Saturday night was announced at 8,500. Charles Wang has got to be wanting to move that team with no new arena and no fans on the way.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
the flyers have three goalies.....will it be enough for the playoffs?

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
Anyone watching the World Juniors?

Kassian's hit looked late to me. It'll be interesting to see if he gets suspended, since the guy who gets to make the call is Dan Marouelli.

Also, how long has it been since the US team is the team to beat? Ever?

Last edited:

jsg04

Monkey
Aug 29, 2006
Anyone watching the World Juniors?

Kassian's hit looked late to me. It'll be interesting to see if he gets suspended, since the guy who gets to make the call is Dan Marouelli.

Also, how long has it been since the US team is the team to beat? Ever?
I watched the Russia/Canada game the other night and Canada got some nice bounces. Also watched the first US game and that was a bit too close. Just saw bits and pieces of tonight's games. There was a dirty hit at the end of the US game and the US ended up with a five minute powerplay.

Kassian hit was pretty late and a one game suspension I think was fair. I know all the Canadians are probably bitching about how the IIHF are out to get them, but it was dirty. I mean he has been known to do these things before. He got a 20 game suspension for this in the OHL...

Last edited:

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
I think he should get an extra game or two. It was definitely late.

Should have gotten 200 games for that hit in the OHL...who does he think he is, Superman?

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Note to the NHL offices-
Stop pandering to the masses. If you insist on staging a "Winter Classic", have it somewhere dependably frigid. Like Edmonton. Calgary. Warroad. Winnipeg. ANCHORAGE. Get it?

V/r

JL

jsg04

Monkey
Aug 29, 2006
Note to the NHL offices-
Stop pandering to the masses. If you insist on staging a "Winter Classic", have it somewhere dependably frigid. Like Edmonton. Calgary. Warroad. Winnipeg. ANCHORAGE. Get it?

V/r

JL
There has only been 2 days over 32 deg. in the last month till the Winter Classic weekend here in Western PA. It figures that it would be 50 on Saturday.

They are having a game between the Flames and the Canadians in Calgary in Feb. outside.

jsg04

Monkey
Aug 29, 2006
something we can agree upon.
I have to say it's pretty touching that we can share the same view on something.

something I do not agree upon. Do I need to remember you the score of the Olympic finals? :rofl:
Seriously... we all know that was fixed. The Olympics in Canada, Sid Crosby, OT, game winning goal to beat the US, Gold Medal, bright lights, big city. Stop kidding yourself, no way Miller would have let that piss weak shot by any other time.

I wish there was more Canadians in this thread to get wound up.