Quantcast

NHL Playoffs - Down to 4 - who's gonna win it all?

Who's gonna win the Stanley Cup??

• Buffalo All the Way Baby!

Votes: 6 24.0%
  • This will be the Senators Year!

Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Niedermeyer and Pronger - The Ducks will win it all!

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • The Dominator and the Wings will hoist the Cup!

Votes: 8 32.0%

• Total voters

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
I'm rooting for the Sabres now. Although the Senators look tough and handled the Sabres pretty handily in Game One.

Who are you rooting for and/or who do you think is going to win?

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
I'm a devil's fan, so I got to see a lot of the Sens, and they look REALLY good. I would have said that they were the least tallented of the teams left, but damn they are playing some good hockey.

I'm going with the ducks and the sens, sens in 6.

DNA

The human raccoon
Jan 31, 2003
NH
You need a category for "Anyone but the Stinkin' Red Wings", then I will be able to vote.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
I wouldn't mind seeing the Red Wings win it all - I guess in part because of Chelios. That dude gives me hope. Nearly 45 - takes a beating game in and game out and still going strong.

DNA

The human raccoon
Jan 31, 2003
NH
I wouldn't mind seeing the Red Wings win it all - I guess in part because of Chelios. That dude gives me hope. Nearly 45 - takes a beating game in and game out and still going strong.
Chelios?!

That schmuck has been a Blackhawk and a Red Wing.

He deserves nothing but contempt.

I even found myself booing him when played for Team USA.

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
I'm a devil's fan, so I got to see a lot of the Sens, and they look REALLY good. I would have said that they were the least tallented of the teams left, but damn they are playing some good hockey.

I'm going with the ducks and the sens, sens in 6.
Ugh, the Devils. I didn't even know they had fans.

I LOVE Jersey, but I stopped watching when the Rangers were knocked out.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Didnt the Devils sell out 2 whole games all year? The Blackhawks did better then that...
Sens or Sabres. The Cup will not go to Cali, or back to Detroit.

(I hate the Wings, but ironicly some of my all time favorites have been long time Wings. Howe, Brett Hull, Stevie Y, Brendan Shannahan etc...but Detroit still sucks!)

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
'Canes missed the playoffs, as did the other finalist, the Oilers.

Skook, why do you even open a thread about something you care nothing about? Just to stir up sh*t? Nice...

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Rob Niedermeyer played one helluva game last night against the Wings.

Yeah his brother scored the goal in OT, but Rob was the difference maker in that game last night.

Wings vs. Ducks is shaping up to be a helluva series.

Buffalo - they must win both games in Ottawa and regain home ice advantage. Their backs are up against the wall.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Yeah the Sabres dug themselves in deep. I was playing a gig Saturday night while the game was on, and I couldn't see any TV's from the stage. We were jamming a Triumph tune and the whole bar went freakin' CRAZY, we knew they had sent it to OT. Too bad they couldn't finish the job.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
I think Ottawa is playing with an edge they've missed the last few years. Not sure what it is, but they seem to be much tougher this year than in years past.

I'm still hoping the Sabres bounce back though.

oldschooljay

Chimp
Apr 30, 2007
i am a sens fan througha nd through. i grew up in ottawa and worked at the stadium when i was younger. it is definetly there year, i say it will be send and detroit final, send will take it in 5
i work in a bar here on the west coast and 5 of our staff are from ottawa. it is like a small ottawa bar out here ont he west coast.
LOL

go sens go!!!

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Sens have a shot tonight to sweep the Sabres - Crazy.
The Sabres players are all talking like they are going to be fighting like dogs and desparate and all that. I don't buy it. The only person who is fighting like a dog on that team is Ryan Miller. The rest of them fought like dogs for about the last 40 seconds of game 3, the rest of the time they looked like a team that didn't even belong in the playoffs. I'd like to see them at least win a game in this series, but at this point I'm not counting on it. Sad.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
There is something much different about Ottawa this year - they have more of an edge to their game and it shows. But I hope the Sabres can come back and win a couple and make a series of it somehow.

Munster

Monkey
Sep 5, 2001
Eastern Canada
Sens are playing their best hockey ever. Finally. Alfredsson is dominating and will win the Conn Smythe if he keeps it up next round. I'm hoping for the sweep tonight.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
There is something much different about Ottawa this year - they have more of an edge to their game and it shows. But I hope the Sabres can come back and win a couple and make a series of it somehow.
I don't want to take too much away from Ottawa because obviously they are playing well. But the Sabres are playing so bad right now that the Amerks could sweep them.