Quantcast

NHL Playoffs . . .

jsg04

Monkey
Aug 29, 2006
EEEEEEEEEEEEPPPPPPPPPPPPPPIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICCCCCCCCCCCC!

Staal is the man.

Game 5 last year was the triple overtime game where Max Talbot scored to force a game 6.

jsg04

Monkey
Aug 29, 2006

I have to say that is the first time I have seen the Wings that rattled. Even Osgood was showing sign of frustration. Other than their couple of surges at the beginning of the second and midway in the third there was not much there. It looked like they where a bit slow and beat up in the thrid period of game 3 but in game 4 they looked like that all game.

I don't know the Wings are so unbeatable at home but that will have to end sometime.

jsg04

Monkey
Aug 29, 2006
I know especially with a bunch of old guys on that team. Why don't they put Chelios in for game 5.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
The Pens just got beat like a red headed stepchild. They had a few good shifts to start the game, then Detroit took control and didn't look back.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Tonight we saw why the Red Wings are he defending Cup Champs...and the Pens are not.
Pens better come out big for game 6, or Syndey will end up sitting on his butt watching the Cup presentation like last year. I want to see Hossa score the Cup winner...

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Man that was a blowout. Not what I was expecting for a Game 5. Datsyuk was outstanding and a difference maker in a big way tonight.

The Pens should be embarrassed by that effort and their antics - lame stuff boys.

They better get their **** together right quick for Game 6.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
The Pens were pissing me off last night with their play. The Wings were just playing their game and the Pens just couldn't handle getting spanked. They deserved the ass kicking. Too bad the score wasn't 10-0 Detroit.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
The Pens were pissing me off last night with their play. The Wings were just playing their game and the Pens just couldn't handle getting spanked. They deserved the ass kicking. Too bad the score wasn't 10-0 Detroit.
I agree. Games like that when they get out of hand are ugly in the playoffs.

Pittsburgh didn't handle it well at all - pretty bush league of them actually.

jsg04

Monkey
Aug 29, 2006
That was a good butt kicking... still not over yet. The media was pretty much writing off Wings at the end of game 4 so why can't the Pens do the same.

Why does Fleury leave in the most untimely goals? The Pens out played them for the first how many minutes of the game an then here comes a weak wrist shot from the top of the circles this one should be easy. O wait I am a flopping butterfly goalie so I am down on my knees before the puck has even left the stick. People in Pittsburgh keep saying he is a young goalie and give him time. Well guess what he has been in the league for how many years and he keeps letting bleeders go in at the worst time. Yeah he makes amazing saves blah, blah, blah but he may never make it into the finals again. I know the Pens didn't score any goals but when you leave a goal up like that along with how many other crappy ones that does not exactly instill confidence in your team when you are in your own zone.

I don't care about the Pens getting uncorked at the end of the game. At least that shows that they are not going to say hey we got killed so lets just go with the motion and finish the game. I want there to be hate.

I love how the Wings are so tough when a linesman or ref steps in. It seems like everyone on Wings has the turtle strategy down if there is not one to break things up.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I love how the Wings are so tough when a linesman or ref steps in. It seems like everyone on Wings has the turtle strategy down if there is not one to break things up.
Are you kidding me? Do you expect Detroit to actually take the bait and get suckered into fights when they are dominating the game?

jsg04

Monkey
Aug 29, 2006
Are you kidding me? Do you expect Detroit to actually take the bait and get suckered into fights when they are dominating the game?
I am not saying it is the wrong thing to do it is more of a observation and other reason why I hate the Wings so much.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Its also because they play a smarter game than the Pens...althought the Wing pp has not been what one would call intimaidating. Until last game that is...

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
I don't care about the Pens getting uncorked at the end of the game. At least that shows that they are not going to say hey we got killed so lets just go with the motion and finish the game. I want there to be hate.
and you hate the flyers......hahahahaha.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Barry Melrose said the Red Wings will win tonight - that probably means they won't and we'll get a Game 7. So if that happens, thanks Barry - I want to see a game 7.

jsg04

Monkey
Aug 29, 2006
Melrose picked the Flyers and Caps to win. I can't remember if he picked the Cans but I am glad he said they are going to win tonight.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Barry Melrose said the Red Wings will win tonight - that probably means they won't and we'll get a Game 7.
He picked Detroit in 6 last year and got that right. :monkey:

...though I think Pittsburgh wins tonight.

And why the hell is this game scheduled the same night as the NBA finals game three? WTF?

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
There's an NBA finals going on??

GREAT game tonight! What an ending. Scuderi with some street hockey goalie saves to save the game for the Pens.

Sick goaltending from both Osgood and Fleury tonight.

Pittsburgh played a very physical game - yet they stayed in control - big difference in the results.

Game 7 will hopefully be one to remember.

jsg04

Monkey
Aug 29, 2006
AMAZING!

Scuderi is an animal. I think he made about 5 saves and those 3 at the end were ridiculous. Too bad his contract is up at the end of the year... I think his price went up a ton after this years playoffs.

Wow I don't know what to say other than this is going to be an amazing game 7 and I am back on the Fleury bandwagon for this game even though it was Cleary he made the save on.

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
I hate Detroit. I hate the city, I hate the people, I hate the ****ty cars they make, I hate their stupid owner and his ****ty ****ing pizza, I hate Steve Yzerman.

Go Pens!

jsg04

Monkey
Aug 29, 2006
Did anyone see what the Flyers did today. I think it is some kinda joke they signed Ray Emery to a one year deal. I can't wait to see them and Emery self implode next year.

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=281380

Melrose picked the Wings for Friday night. Thank you Barry thank you.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Ray Emery, the Dennis Rodman of the NHL...wont help the Flyers.

Game 7 will be awesome! Although I hate the Pens, it would be interesting to see Syndey hoist the Cup at center ice in Joe Louis Arena...I jsut want to see a great game.

And for Silver, Stevie Y is awesome. He was one of the players I wanted to be (Although we are alwmost the same age.)