Quantcast

Northeast Monkeyfest 2005

Crazy Sweeper

more COWBELL!
Jun 4, 2004
In a box
in case you want to do a numbers update jbp put a +1 next to my name (on the first page) Scott is without a nickname but I'm sure we can get him to earn one by the end of the weekend.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
McGRP01 said:
Just me at my site, and I got a lean-to! :thumb: Anyone that is w/o a place to crash is welcome.
I will probably arrive friday night, right in time for the night ride. I just need a place to park the cube and I'm all set for the night!

Anyone down for a shuttled night ride friday? A plate full of Mooses!

If so I'll bring big green! :devil:

wooglin

Monkey
Apr 4, 2002
SC
Here are specifics on the Lemming Rally for anyone who arrives early enough on Friday.

We will meet at 9:30AM. If we can be ready to roll then that would be great, but 10 is probably more realistic. Meeting place is the ball field north of town. Drive through E. Burke on the main road from the interstate, stopping at either the bike shop on the left or the Kingdom Trails office on the right for a permit. Permits are $7/day, or you can be generous and buy an annual pass for $25. Get a trail map too. Then keep going on the main road. It goes up hill and bears to the left where it crosses a wide, flat area. There's a cemetery on the right and the ballfield on the left. Park in the dirt lot.

I've got maps with 2 loops, each about 18-20 miles. I figure we'll ride one in the AM, regroup and eat at the cars, then hit the other one. That way anyone who just wants to do one of the loops has an easy bail, or can start late. I figure we'll be back at the cars for lunch about 12:30-1. There's a place in town to buy sandwiches that we'll be going right by at the end of the morning loop, so anyone that wants to can pick something up from there. The afternoon loop will start 45 minutes to an hour after we finish the morning loop.

Crazy Sweeper

more COWBELL!
Jun 4, 2004
In a box
Echo said:
There might possibly be another.
echo's got a girlfriend?

Not sure what time I'll be there on friday don't think I'll be there early enough for that ride. Probably be there sometime in the afternoon.

maybe we should do a red dress ride no sat night, like the hash house harriers do....

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Crazy Sweeper said:
Hey I might have a new fork by the time I leave monkey fest. Any chance I could hire a wrench to teach me to install it at mf?
Installing it is easy, as long as someone has a steerer cutter, it'll be a snap. Worst case, East Burke Sports right downtown can cut it down if needed.

Crazy Sweeper

more COWBELL!
Jun 4, 2004
In a box
ok, just never done it before myself. Didn't know how hard it is. I think it'll get shipped monday so I'm hoping I have it before mf. Upping from 100 to 130 mm travel

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Nice!! :thumb:

I'm going Tuesday and Wednesday... and back saturday for the Monkeyfest!

Did you try the new and improved Tody's Tour?

berkshire_rider

Growler
Feb 5, 2003
The Blackstone Valley
Crazy Sweeper said:
ok, just never done it before myself. Didn't know how hard it is. I think it'll get shipped monday so I'm hoping I have it before mf. Upping from 100 to 130 mm travel
You might be better off with the 100mm fork at Kingdom Trails. Riding with a 130mm isn't a huge deal, but the trails aren't very technical for the most part other than some rooty sections. You would be setup better for some of the climbs, as well. Change it out after you get back to CT and the rocks.

$.02

jollytime

King of the Kingdom
Jul 1, 2003
Vermont
Hey folks! Sorry I won't be home this weekend, and therefore won't get to ride with y'all. It is me and Mrs. Jollytime's 10th anniversary and we are heading to the 'Daks for a long weekend of rock climbing.

The trails up here move around like the stairs at Hogwart's. So, if you want some recommended loops or trails to hit, just lemme know.

Here are a few good'ns: Go up Herbs to Worth it to Bill McGill to Heaven's Bench to Ridge.

Be sure to hit the new Old Webs, both sections. The lower trail has some great air!

Also, there is a new trail on the Mountain on the opposite side of the toll road from Owl Peak that should not be missed.

The updates to Kitchel rule! Riverwood is a great trail to either warm up on or finish up with.

There are two new drops on Moose Alley so keep your eyes open....

Well, enjoy my playground! And if anyone is planning a trip this way some other time, let me know and we will ride!

Later - JT

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
jollytime said:
Hey folks! Sorry I won't be home this weekend, and therefore won't get to ride with y'all. It is me and Mrs. Jollytime's 10th anniversary and we are heading to the 'Daks for a long weekend of rock climbing.

The trails up here move around like the stairs at Hogwart's. So, if you want some recommended loops or trails to hit, just lemme know.

Here are a few good'ns: Go up Herbs to Worth it to Bill McGill to Heaven's Bench to Ridge.

Be sure to hit the new Old Webs, both sections. The lower trail has some great air!

Also, there is a new trail on the Mountain on the opposite side of the toll road from Owl Peak that should not be missed.

The updates to Kitchel rule! Riverwood is a great trail to either warm up on or finish up with.

There are two new drops on Moose Alley so keep your eyes open....

Well, enjoy my playground! And if anyone is planning a trip this way some other time, let me know and we will ride!

Later - JT

Thanks for the tips JT....hope you and your wife have a wonderful anniversary weekend :thumb:

pigboy

in a galaxy far, far away
berkshire_rider said:
For the record, we tried both the Rainbow Red and a Barley wine from Trout River which was 14%. :eek: Both good. They were on tap at the Pub Outback.

sounds yummy!!!!

I purchased a couple sixpacks of assorted beers from our local microbrew here in Hilo Hawaii. They will, airline willing, arrive at M'Fest to be consumed by any beer freaks who are on scene.

Anyone else bringing a sampler six pack or two for the beer lover/afficionado crowd? <hint hint>

-pigboy

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
Well, nothing has come up for me yet so, barring disaster or massive bike failure, I'll be at the M'fest. I get off work at 5 so I figure I'll arrive around 7:30 Friday night. I'll just go with the assumption that someone will have room.

I don't think I've ever met anyone from this site, so it should be interesting! Plus, I can amaze even more people with my amazingly awful climbing ability!

Crazy Sweeper

more COWBELL!
Jun 4, 2004
In a box
let me just try to get this all straight:

friday am-hardcores show up for some crazy 20-30 mile riding.
friday pm-majority of people show up to start drinking and an afternoon ride
friday pm-dinner in town?
sat am-wake up drink beer sweeper cooks breakfast, then morning ride
sat aft- chill for lunch, then another ride
sat pm-in town for dinner?
sat night-some crazy late night drunken ride
sun am-sweeper cooks breakfast, and one last ride
sun post ride-pick up camp say goodbye, echo will cry because he'll miss everybody.

is that pretty much it?

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Crazy Sweeper said:

friday am-hardcores show up for some crazy 20-30 mile riding & drink beer.
friday 1pm - Dalton Doug arrives !!!!
friday pm-majority of people show up to start drinking and an afternoon ride & drink beer
friday pm-dinner at camp or in town & drink beer
sat am-wake up drink beer sweeper cooks breakfast, & drink beer then late morning ride
sat aft- ship lunch, keep riding & drink more beer
sat pm-for dinner at camp or in town & drink beer
sun am-sweeper cooks breakfast, & drink beer and one last ride
sun post ride-pick up camp say goodbye, echo will cry because he'll miss everybody.

is that pretty much it?

this is more what i am thinking will happen

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Crazy Sweeper said:

friday am-hardcores show up for some crazy drinking.
friday pm-majority of people show up to start drinking
friday pm-drinking in town!
sat am-wake up drink beer sweeper cooks breakfast, then morning ride
sat aft- chill for lunch, then more drinking
sat pm-in town for even more drinking
sun am-sweeper cooks breakfast
sun -pick up camp say goodbye, echo will cry because he'll miss everybody.

is that pretty much it?
That sounds about right. :evil:

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
MtnBikerChk and I will get to town around 6:00 or so. We plan on eating dinner in town (Pub Outback perhaps). Maybe we'll eat with MMcG and his gf....maybe not if they get there at 10:00 PM. Crap, I don't know what the hell we're planning. We'll figure it out when we get there. :) (I have to work until 2:00 or so Friday)

For rides, I am thinking we do the "lower" trails on Saturday, since there are no time restrictions Saturday. Maybe Sunday we can do the Dead Moose Alley-Moose Alley-into town loop, since a lot of it is DH and some of us want to hit the road by 1:00 or so. Just a thought.